10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    argh no Vidic for the derby?

It's going to take a miracle...
    More than a miracle

15+ Year Old Account
    Whats the news with Kagawa by the way, when is he returning from injury? Not seen that much of him seeing he was supposed to be our major signing (or well, before we signed RvP).

10+ Year Old Account
    "His progress has been quite slow. He hasn't started any outside work and he may be another four weeks away."
    SAF added: "Overall, he will probably be looking at six to seven weeks since the injury. The first job now is to get him back."
    This was back at the Galatasaray game

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20054360

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lost away and best on the field was Meade and Rosicky while he was still on, kinda sad really, Chambo made another very flat preformance with the rest of the offensive side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Dundee United supporters groups reporting Rangers to the SFA for apparently bringing the game into disrepute, apparently negative attitudes towards certain clubs are not allowed in Scottish football.....
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Dundee United supporters groups reporting Rangers to the SFA for apparently bringing the game into disrepute, apparently negative attitudes towards certain clubs are not allowed in Scottish football.....
    A little off-topic, but every time I read your posts about Scottish Football (and I do, as they're interesting), I keep thinking of the William Lawson's "No rules, Great Scotch" adverts they have on TV here, especially the one about how you should never marry a Highlander. Just thought I'd share that.

Back on topic, on Facebook Manchester United posted that Rooney will play tonight, but that Vidic wont, kind of giving me the idea that he might be playing during Sunday's derby... Maybe I'm hoping, desperately hoping...
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-12-05 at 01:29 PM.

Deleted
    I hope Chelsea go out tonight, I couldn't stand another lucky run that see's them somehow scrape by every round.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rosicky had a surprisingly good game last night. Not sure why certain players seemed to get benched or "rested" yesterday though, that was a crucial game for Arsenal.

If Vidic doesn't play tonight, I don't expect to see him play at the weekend. Smalling and Jones to do a full 90 minutes seems most likely in a team of fringe players and youth.

Which does mean we probably get to see more of Nick Powell.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

To be honest they (Arsenal) were already through and the difference between finishing top & finishing second is pretty minimal at that level, it's not like you're gonna go from facing Barca to facing the Sunday League team from the Dog & Duck, smart play from Wenger there knowing he's coming up on a traditionally congested period of games.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Rosicky had a surprisingly good game last night. Not sure why certain players seemed to get benched or "rested" yesterday though, that was a crucial game for Arsenal.

If Vidic doesn't play tonight, I don't expect to see him play at the weekend. Smalling and Jones to do a full 90 minutes seems most likely in a team of fringe players and youth.

Which does mean we probably get to see more of Nick Powell.
    We desperately needed certain players rested tbh and the game wasn't that crucial since we kinda expected Schalke to win I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

15+ Year Old Account
    Indeed a smart move by Wenger, they were through either way.

Will be interesting to see if Chelsea get through tonight, if not I believe they'll be the first European Champions to be then knocked out in the group stages of the following Champions League (someone correct me if this is wrong, I thought I read it somewhere).

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 09:55 PM ----------

And now Cleverly injured too? There are no words...

United defense also really do make it more difficult for themselves at times :/

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 10:23 PM ----------

Looks like Chelsea have gotten the 5 goal lead they needed to go through... pretty amazing, I didn't think they'd do it. Still Over 10 minutes left, but as it is now, it looks like Chelsea are going through.

edit: Or wait, BBC is showing them having a higher goal difference but still 3rd in the table, is there something I'm missing? Is it because Shaktar, who have the same amount of points with the current standings, beat Chelsea away from home and therefore are 2nd and Chelsea 3rd?
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-12-05 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's based on results between the teams, not goal difference.

Confession time: If you told me when the draw was made, that Celtic would progress and Chelsea wouldn't, I'd have laughed and called you crazy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, Chelsea out because Juventus won... oh my

And nuts that Celtic are through, good for them.

I remember saying at the time that they (Celtic) were shoe ins for the Europa League but had zero chance of getting through - they've made it but I tell you what, you can't keep going when you have 40:60 possession at home and that was on a good night! They'll go out in the next round easy enough, but they can be proud of themselves for getting through that group, Spartak have been a massive disappointment though, I had them pegged as finishing second in the group, not rock bottom, no wonder their coach got his P45ski!

Messi injured, might be serious

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Messi injured, might be serious
    Doh, has he broken the records with goal scoring in a year yet? If not, this injury will be so damn bitter...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Doh, has he broken the records with goal scoring in a year yet? If not, this injury will be so damn bitter...
    He's one away

10+ Year Old Account
    Initial reports are they're waiting on tests but they're not overly concerned.

He'll pop up just after christmas and score a couple for the record.

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference between finishing 1st and 2nd is minimal if any. As second Arsenal can get PSG, Dortmund, Barca, Bayern, Malaga and Juventus. As first they get Valencia, Celtic, Real, Porto, Galatasaray, Sahtar and Milan. Other then maybe Celtic the other teams are all tough. The only teams i don't see us having a chance to beat are Barca and Bayern. Depending on the game they have Dortmund can be in that group as well.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather take from the likes of Valencia, Porto, Galatasaray and Shaktar over risking PSG/Dortmund/Barca and Bayern.