10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Well I know who's replacing Fellani...
    I don't i finaly made my perfect midfield with Cazorla , Felaini Michu and Nolan, and now i have to find a replacement for Felaini.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I know who's replacing Fellani...
    I 2nd this

Bale! As soon as he is back from injury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turns out I'm just short of affording Cazorla, picked up Yaya Toure.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Turns out I'm just short of affording Cazorla, picked up Yaya Toure.
    I has both!

Carzola, Bale, Michu, Toure is now my midfield. Should do me pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account
    How the shit did you afford that midfield, what's your strikeforce? Owen/Vaz Te and Ameobi?

Tevez Defoe and Ba!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, you've avoided Van Persie's giant cost.

But dear god he's worth it.

I'm not able to take both Santi Cazorla and Bale in my setup. One or the other, and tbh once Bale's back from injury I can see him going on a better run than SC.

VP is nearly worth the cost, right now he is only 12 points ahead of Tevez who cost 4million less. Thats a huge chunk when I can basically pick the top 4 midfielders up.

If Mancini releases that Tevez and Aguero are his only two good strikers and plays Tevez more, Id say Tevez is the best valued striker right now, costs less than most at a big club and likely to beat all except RVP on points.

10+ Year Old Account
    I somehow ended up with 8 players from the Dream team, and 2.2 mil spare. I don't know who to get, i can go for Tevez or Suarez, or maybe even Hazzard. But since Arsenal have a easy schedule, im gonna stick with Podolski up front. Don't want to sell Felaini, playing Allen for now hoping he does something usefull next game otherwise i might get Hazzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    If Mancini releases that Tevez and Aguero are his only two good strikers and plays Tevez more, Id say Tevez is the best valued striker right now, costs less than most at a big club and likely to beat all except RVP on points.
    The best striker combo City have is Dzeko+ one of them, i just can't see how Mancini is missing that.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    So Fellaini has been given a 3 match ban... honestly, 3 matches for all the shit he pulled in that match? Ridiculous, should be at least 2 times more.
    Not really. Considering they only gave a 3 match ban for a similar scenario by Joey Barton last game of last season. Most expected them to be consistent. 3 matches is right for violent conduct, and ofcourse the Ref said after the game that he seen the other two incidents and they didn't warrant any action.

If a headbutt was to ever be condoned that would have been an understandable reason. How defenders get away with holding onto players every single season I'll never know. Was only a matter of time before a player blew up and done something like what Fellaini done. The headbutt was bad but the real issue that needs to be addressed is man handling attackers in the box for set pieces. It's been going on for decades...

Deleted
    Since the German Bundesliga is about to start its winter break (from mid December to the end of January) I thought some of you might be interested in how the first half of the season has shaped up.

Unsurprisingly, due to their current form and squad depth, Bayern München are leading the league by a large margin of 9pts. Runners-up are Bayer Leverkusen, who are doing what they do best: being 2nd... They are followed by Dortmund who are having a mixed season this year. Top of the group of death in the UCL, hailed by Mourinho and SAF as one of favorites in this years competition, but inconsistent in the domestic league, unnecessarily losing/tying against teams below their weight class. The double (triple if you include the DFB-Pokal (German Cup)) strain seems to be affecting them quite a bit.

Eintracht Frankfurt is currently doing the opposite and are punching way above their weight. Currently 4th, the newly promoted team are the biggest surprise of the season, with a small transfer budget they were able to string together an amazingly well coordinated team consisting of mostly 2nd league players. Also siting in the European qualification spots are Freiburg and Mainz, 2 teams no one expected to be doing this well. They both have small transfer budgets, low expectations and are usually found at the middle/lower half of the table fighting relegation.

Speaking of relegation, there doesn't seen to be much excitement at the top or at the bottom of the table this year. Bayern are finally going to win the title after missing out 2 years in a row and relegation candidates, usually any team at the bottom 1/2 of the table, are safe this year because Augsburg, Fürth (both only 1 win in 17 match days) and Hoffenheim (worst defense) have decided to do everyone a favor and make everything uninteresting.

Despite Bayern probably running away with the title this year, it's been a good year for German football. All 7 German teams advanced in their respective European competitions. The UCL participants are all at the top of their groups (not that it really means much this year) and as a result the Germany is quickly catching up with England in the UEFA club coefficient to be the 2nd best/most successful league (point wise) in the last 5 years.
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-12-18 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    Not really. Considering they only gave a 3 match ban for a similar scenario by Joey Barton last game of last season. Most expected them to be consistent. 3 matches is right for violent conduct, and ofcourse the Ref said after the game that he seen the other two incidents and they didn't warrant any action.

If a headbutt was to ever be condoned that would have been an understandable reason. How defenders get away with holding onto players every single season I'll never know. Was only a matter of time before a player blew up and done something like what Fellaini done. The headbutt was bad but the real issue that needs to be addressed is man handling attackers in the box for set pieces. It's been going on for decades...
    Joey Barton got a 12 match ban for what he did at city last match of season.

There is an article today in a few newspapers about him saying theyre double standards and too lenient.

I reckon the elbow wasn't too bad but the one where he blatantly jabs shawcross in the chin should have got him 3 more matches out.
    Last edited by mmoc969cab634e; 2012-12-18 at 12:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Barton got a lot longer than a 3 match ban for his actions. The red card alone warrented the 3 match ban, his subsequent actions caused it to be a lot longer.

City's best strike setup is when they play Aguero behind a Tevez/Djeko combination, I can see Balotelli being offloaded in the summer, possibly earlier with teams like Liverpool headhunting for a striker.

As for the Bundesliga, I expected Munich to take it this year after last season's upset of sorts, I didn't expect them to have it wrapped up by January. That 9 point and +26 goal difference over Leverkusen is outright scary.

Bayern have been even stingier than normal with the goals against though, only conceded 7 so far in league business that's impressive, more so when you consider they've scored 44 themselves!

We've got a lovely Tuesday night match against Annan tonight kicking off our festive fixtures (we play them away on 2nd January - which will be difficult as that's traditionally an Old Firm fixture & ofcourse represents 41 years since the disaster). So far between now & mid January we're scheduled for 6 matches, 3 at home which will be played & 3 away, only one of those I'm willing to guarantee will be played - even that's gonna cause trouble because it's against Queens Park at Hampden, the parental unit happens to "support" Queens Park so they are games which will be banter fueled fun! (I'm fucked if they beat us, I'd never live it down) As expected Rangers head up the third division, 3 points clear with 2 games in hand. In the SPL Celtic currently top it, 4 clear with a game in hand with only 8 points separating 2nd place and 9th although I would urge caution, it would not surprise me to see Hearts handed a points deduction before the season is out either for failure to pay players wages on time or financial trouble!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Bundesliga table doesn't surprise me, i expect Bayern to win it with a nice margin and Dortmund to be second. Shakle hasn't won in their last 6 games or so and they sacked their coach Hupp Stevens the other day. Unless Borusia drops from the CL in the next round they won't have their full focus on the Bundesliga, they already proved they are class in Germany now its all about the ECL.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Barton got a lot longer than a 3 match ban for his actions. The red card alone warrented the 3 match ban, his subsequent actions caused it to be a lot longer.
    that's what I meant. Barton got a 3 match ban for violent conduct just like Fellaini just has. Barton got a larger ban due to several other things.

As I said, in Halsey's report to the FA he states that the other two incidents did not warrant anything. However I don't believe that was the case with Barton. Therefore the FA was consistent. Handing a 3 match ban for violent conduct to both Barton and Fellaini. With Barton getting further suspensions due to other matters of violent conduct.

Whether 3 match bans are enough is another thing.

Gary Neville was a thug defender in his career, using all tricks in the book to stop strikers and got away with it. His comments were nothing short of exactly what I expected of him. Excellent pundit but really got this one backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    The best striker combo City have is Dzeko+ one of them, i just can't see how Mancini is missing that.
    That's debatable. Dzeko didn't look like he could be bothered his last game and every time he does get a start he is anonymous.

10+ Year Old Account
    He already scored 7 goals from the bench, and Man City aren't even utilizing him properly. They have to unload 1 striker this January or fix their tactic, bench Nasri and use Tevez on his place.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    What site do you guys make your fantasy teams again? I never started playing at the beginning of the EPL season but I'm kind of interested in playing it now, even if it means I end last due to missing half the season, it's just a bit of fun anyway.

Also, any tips for a decent player composition for this week would be appreciated, I don't follow players from all other teams that well (well, except the fact you don't want Fellaini in your team right now... ;D).