Deleted
    Here are the results of the draw for the round of 16 in the Champions League:

Edit: laffling beat me to it.

Some pretty cool match ups already: United - Real, Dortmund - Donetsk, Milan - Barca.
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-12-20 at 10:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

So when they did the pratice draw earlier today this was the results

what are the odds?

Edit: I think them 3 games and Arsenal vs Bayern could all actually of been the finals O.o really good round of 16 this year. Has this been the most stacked round of 16 in awhile?
    Last edited by laffling; 2012-12-20 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    Facking hell Real Madrid vs Manchester United ><

At least Ronaldo gets to come home :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Facking hell Real Madrid vs Manchester United ><

At least Ronaldo gets to come home :P
    He's gonna do horrible then actually come back home for good (we can dream can't we?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Some nice games we got there. Looking forward to see Arsenal vs Bayern and Real vs Man U.

As for Arsenal not having the quality to play possession football, i just have to laugh at it. They don't have the quality to score, but to play on posession they most certanly have, and to the other part well i just.. lol.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Deleted
    Arent Arsenal just a bit poor across the board now?
    but thats a nice lot of draws, quite contested games. But the Man United - Madrid is the game to look forward too!

p.s. Dortmund will also have a good test on there hands, i see them as capable winners against any side

10+ Year Old Account
    Consider that Barca and Juve already went into quarter-finals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallker View Post
    Unless Arsenal really get their shit together in the next 3 months, we can assume Bayern have advanced too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moltor View Post
    Arent Arsenal just a bit poor across the board now?
    Don't know if this is a troll atempt but i'll bite. Inconsistent as hell, that's all i can say to this point. Arsenal are 3d in scoring, 4th in lowest goals allowed and 3d in goal difference, if that counts as poor then i guess we are.

/tinfoill hat on
    The mock draft from yesterday, was indentical to the one today. Coincidence?
    /tinfoill hat off
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Deleted
    it was more of a cheeky statement

3rd in Scoring, 4th in lowest goals allowed and goal difference. Currently gets you 5th in the table.

But i agree, Inconsistent is a much better word to some it up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Unless Arsenal really get their shit together in the next 3 months, we can assume Bayern have advanced too.
    Unless we buy Thierry Henry from 8 years ago we have no chance.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    No team is 100% through just look at last year anything can happen and it normally does in the CL

I honestly think Celtic have more of a chance of going through than Arsenal.

Celtic have been a very tough team to beat in the CL over the last 15 years. Neil Lennon knows all about that and so does his backroom staff. They've already shown Barcelona that they aren't walkovers. Like with either Ireland's at international level, you just don't know what you're up against, it could be a walk in the park or you could struggle to even get one goal. Celtic have the spirit to cause another upset. I think Juventus would be a bit concerned with that draw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    I honestly think Celtic have more of a chance of going through than Arsenal.

Celtic have been a very tough team to beat in the CL over the last 15 years. Neil Lennon knows all about that and so does his backroom staff. They've already shown Barcelona that they aren't walkovers. Like with either Ireland's at international level, you just don't know what you're up against, it could be a walk in the park or you could struggle to even get one goal. Celtic have the spirit to cause another upset. I think Juventus would be a bit concerned with that draw.
    I cheer for Juventus since I started watching football, since like 2002 that is, so this post might sound biased a bit.
    Imo Juve is one of the first favorites to win CL this year because they are full of morale and eager to prove themselves again in continental football.
    Plus on that, they have one of the best midfields only behind Barca, and rock solid defense. They just need that one classic striker on position above Giovinco, so Giovinco can play his natural role, trequartista that is. There are rumors of signing Drogba in January or getting Villa on loan.
    Taking that into account I really don't think that Celtic is good enough opponent to knock Juve out in top 16.

I cheer for Juventus since I started watching football, since like 2002 that is, so this post might sound biased a bit.
    Imo Juve is one of the first favorites to win CL this year because they are full of morale and eager to prove themselves again in continental football.
    Plus on that, they have one of the best midfields only behind Barca, and rock solid defense. They just need that one classic striker on position above Giovinco, so Giovinco can play his natural role, trequartista that is. There are rumors of signing Drogba in January or getting Villa on loan.
    Taking that into account I really don't think that Celtic is good enough opponent to knock Juve out in top 16.
    Don't get my wrong, Juventus have been having a great season so far. It's nothing got to do with Juventus, I dont think my opinion would change regardless of who Celtic met. They are an underdog team but have always managed to do well when they've been in the CL. It's two legs which could go either way. Sometimes playing away first isn't a big advantage. If Juventus don't score away then they'll be under pressure at home.

Being good enough has got nothing to do with team spirit.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say both Bayern and Real Madrid easily have better midfields then Juve and Dortmunds atleast ties them, but they are a strong team which I think will walk over celtic, and Arsenal pulled the worst german team, against dortmund we would have a way better chance then against bayern, the playstyle of them just doesn't suit us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

2000000/1 odds on today's draw being the same as mock draw....

Would have been worth a euro punt!...

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 12:17 PM ----------

2001/2002 CL

Celtic 4:3 Juventus at Glasgow

Juventus 3:2 Celtic at Turin

Anything is possible.

Sorry Stallker but you can't write Celtic off anywhere near that easily - I'm sure there were a great many Barca fans that thought they'd run 5 past Celtic home & away and well, like I said yesterday, that doesn't happen!

Personally looking forward to Real v Man Utd which should be a cracking tie, even without the circus sideshow of Ronaldo! From a personal perspective I'm also looking forward to AC Milan v Barcelona, it has potential to be a very entertaining tie but there will be a piece of me rooting for Milan, they were top class in helping us out last year when they could have walked away which I'm grateful for! (if for nothing else than giving me the opportunity to see some truly legendary players on that night!)
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    Europa League draw results:

Spurs to beat Lyon and get Inter again! Bale then scores another hat trick and whoever their new right back is gets a night of "Taxi for XXX" at WHL!