Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Scottish gene - we're nippy wee bastards when we get our backs up! (besides, I think Fergie goes all sorts of colours if he's ever referred to as anything close to the C word - being a Govan boy & Rangers supporter!)
    Was not referring to Glasgow Celtic, but Celtic as in Celtic nations, I think we all have short fuses and are liable to our little moments.

"anything close to" - perhaps a poor attempt at humour....
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

But they are playing Rugby there Bxing day at the Liberty, think you should find a stream and see what Rugby is before you make a comment like that.
    1) Im English

2) Im well aware of what Rugby is, my dad was a player for the Combined services and I played it at schoolboy level.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyrddinGwyllt View Post
    He gets a touch on the ball, Van Persie has got to be stronger. BTW look at the ref he is looking right at it. He sees that Flores gets to the ball, and makes a good call, he clearly demonstrates that he has seen it and that it is not a foul. You get up and play on.

Thing is in the first half Swansea had a goal that was chalked off because Michu apparently fouled Vidic, though you could say Vidic ran into Michu. Amazing how that isn't being talked about. Before you say he was interfeering, Williams made a block tackle where he had to run arround Van Persie who was in an Offside position, is he interfeering with play? OFC he is as the defender has to run around him. Do I complain about that, no, why? because this stuff evens itself out.

Pretty much every pundit is an arse, they are generally with few exceptions incapable of working directly in the game. They make howling errors and are subjects of lazy journalisum. At the end of the day pundits are employes by tv companies who want to get viewers, unfortunetly they tend to be biased and poorly informed. In the UK Garry Neville is now a pundt, and he is making the rest of them look like idiots.

BTW don't start bringing Rugby into it, some of them wouldn't last 2 min on a Rugby pitch. You would be surprised how many players would have played rugby had they chosen too. For example Giggs wouldn't have been in Manchester had it not been for rugby. Going off in a tangent now.

But they are playing Rugby there Bxing day at the Liberty, think you should find a stream and see what Rugby is before you make a comment like that. Football is a contact sport and its getting too soft. Good tackles are being punished, and bad tackles are now all classified as Career enders. Note Scholes tackle in the game it was a clumsy tackle, it's seen as a Scholes tackle and its ok because he did it, when he started out that wouldn't have been a card when he started out. He would have needed 2 or 3 of them. I am not sure this change is for the better.
    It's not being talked about because it was a clear foul. Michu intentionally blocked Vidic, this is not American Football. The countless replays show he intentionally stopped Vidic from running towards the ball. Please don't tell me you think it wasn't a foul, and you talk about us not being as objective as we say we are...

Your example of Williams having to run around van Persie can't be used to compare, because van Persie didn't deliberatly block Williams from defending, however Michu did block Vidic intentionally.

And the challenge on van Persie in the gif image I posted was a foul, Rooney took and borked the free kick, unless your first paragraph is talking about something else.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-12-24 at 11:33 PM. Reason: misunderstanding, see my next post

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, the real sad part was when Wilshere got given a yellow card for a perfect tackle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    Hey, the real sad part was when Wilshere got given a yellow card for a perfect tackle.
    And the crowd was yelling for a red.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post

And the challenge on van Persie in the gif image I posted was a foul, Rooney took and borked the free kick, unless your first paragraph is talking about something else.
    He was talking about the build up to the Michu goal, Van Persie was shielding the ball, Chico grappled him and pulled him to the ground, someone else came and took the ball away, a few passes later the ball was in the net.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    He was talking about the build up to the Michu goal, Van Persie was shielding the ball, Chico grappled him and pulled him to the ground, someone else came and took the ball away, a few passes later the ball was in the net.
    Ah, then I misunderstood, thanks for the explanation and my apologies to MyrddinGwyllt for me misunderstanding your first paragraph.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-12-24 at 11:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    It's not being talked about because it was a clear foul. Michu intentionally blocked Vidic, this is not American Football. The countless replays show he intentionally stopped Vidic from running towards the ball. Please don't tell me you think it wasn't a foul, and you talk about us not being as objective as we say we are...

Your example of Williams having to run around van Persie can't be used to compare, because van Persie didn't deliberatly block Williams from defending, however Michu did block Vidic intentionally.

Vidic went into Michu, Michu was stupid in that he voved to meet him. What I am talking about is that those decisions can go either way. We had a legitimate goal chalked off against Norwich. Never went on about it as much as you lot consider to be a clear foul 20 odd seconds in the build up to a goal even tho he gets a touch on the ball. it's insane.

Yet the Swansea fan says something and it must be a clear foul as its against United. Also if someone has to run around someone then they are interfeering with play, if its not deliberate then why does he not move? Seriously, if there is a car parked infront of you in the middle of the road do you drive strait into it? or wait and think fucking twat parked here and drive around him when its safe? Common sense!

10+ Year Old Account
    Vidic shouldn't have to run around someone being a clear obstruction though, no one should. It's why the obstruction rule exists.

Michu knew exactly what he was doing, unfortunately for him, so did Vidic.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Thats even a foul in rugby, rugby players are clearly too stupid to run around people now? I mean its only what their sport mostly involves!

Sneijder to spurs. Twitter went mad after Italian journalist this morning said personal terms agreed.

No official quotes so refuse to believe it but more I've read into it the more plausible it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyrddinGwyllt View Post
    Vidic went into Michu, Michu was stupid in that he voved to meet him. What I am talking about is that those decisions can go either way. We had a legitimate goal chalked off against Norwich. Never went on about it as much as you lot consider to be a clear foul 20 odd seconds in the build up to a goal even tho he gets a touch on the ball. it's insane.

Yet the Swansea fan says something and it must be a clear foul as its against United. Also if someone has to run around someone then they are interfeering with play, if its not deliberate then why does he not move? Seriously, if there is a car parked infront of you in the middle of the road do you drive strait into it? or wait and think fucking twat parked here and drive around him when its safe? Common sense!
    You know every post you make there is some silly sly comment that just deters me from further replying to you. It has nothing to do with it being against Manchester United, it could have been against any team for all I care, Michu clearly blocked Vidic and even worse, did it intentionally. I wish I could find a gif or replay of it, as it was as clear as water Michu had the full intent not to let Vidic pass him.

As for this Norwich incident, I didn't see the match so I have no clue what you're on about.

Oh and your parked car in the road analogy is just plain stupid. Of course you'd drive around a parked car instead of driving into it. Fact is Michu intentionally blocked Vidic. In your analogy, the parked car forced the car behind him to crash into him. Either way it's a crap analogy.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-12-25 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    Sneijder to spurs. Twitter went mad after Italian journalist this morning said personal terms agreed.

No official quotes so refuse to believe it but more I've read into it the more plausible it is.
    Holy shit you actually just brightened up my day, if this comes true Ill be fucking estatic, Ive been a Sneijder fan for about 8 or 9 years, Id absolutely love to see him playing at Spurs. Like Im almost bouncing out my fucking seat with excitement right now, please let this come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

1. City
    2. Chelsea
    3. United
    4. Arsenal
    5. Newcastle
    6. Liverpool
    7. Tottenham

Top Scorer

23 RvP
    21 Rooney
    20 Agüero

Relegation.

Wigan
    Southampton
    Reading

So I started a Mini-League for Predictthescore.Net and the League code to join is 18263957, no idea if there is a limited amount of players or anything but first in gets in I guess :P

So, these were my predictions and I'm not gonna look through the leagues and do a rundown of how I'm doing

1 Manchester U 43
    2 Manchester C 39
    3 Chelsea 32
    4 Arsenal 30
    5 Everton 30
    6 Tottenham 30
    7 WBA 30
    8 Liverpool 25
    9 Stoke 25
    10 Norwich 25
    11 Swansea 24
    12 West Ham 23
    13 Fulham 20
    14 Newcastle 20
    15 Sunderland 19
    16 Aston Villa 18
    17 Southampton 15
    18 Wigan 15
    19 QPR 10
    20 Reading 9

newcastle is the big dissapointment as far as my predictions go and positive suprise WBA + Everton, not really sure why I underestimated everton though.
    2/3 in the bottom and the last is 17th so thats atleast looking good.

So for the "international" football thing.

Bayern München finally beat dortmund in the german supercup or whatever it is, their CS basically.

Juventus beat Napoli 4-2 in their version of the same.

And for predictions!

Italy

1. Juventus
    2. Milan
    3. Napoli
    4. Udinese
    5. Inter
    6. Roma
    7. Lazio

Top Scorers

18 Antonio Di Natale
    17 Edison Cavani
    15 Pazzini

Relegation

no clue tbh :P

La Liga

1. Real Madrid
    2. Barcelona
    3. Valencia
    4. Sevilla
    5. Atletico de Madrid
    6. Athletic Bilbao
    7. Malaga

Top Scorers

36 Cristiano Ronaldo
    34 Lionel Messi
    18 Roberto Soldado

Relegation

No clue tbh.

Bundesliga

1. Bayern München
    2. Borussia Dortmund
    3. Schalke 04
    4. Bayern Leverkusen
    5. Werder Bremen
    6. Borussia Mönchengladbach
    7. Wolfsburg

Top Scorer

26 Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
    23 Mario Gomez
    20 Robert Lewandowski

Relegation

still no clue :<

Ligue 1

1. PSG
    2. Montpellier
    3. Lille
    4. Bordeaux
    5. Lyon
    6. Marseille

Top Scorer

23 Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    18 Lisandro Lopez

I could go further and do more leagues but I'm not really intressted in them, these I've said here I atleast watch on a regular enough basis.

1 Juventus 44
    2 Lazio 36
    3 Fiorentina 35
    4 Inter 35
    5 Napoli 34
    6 Roma 32
    7 Milan 27

1 Barcelona 49
    2 Atlético 40
    3 Real Madrid 33
    4 Malaga 31
    5 Real Betis 28
    6 Levante 27
    7 Sociedad 25

1 Bayern München 42
    2 Bayer Leverkusen 33
    3 Dortmund 30
    4 Frankfurt 30
    5 Freiburg 26
    6 Mainz 05 26
    7 Schalke 04 25

1 PSG 38
    2 Lyon 38
    3 Marseille 38
    4 Rennes 32
    5 Lorient 31
    6 Valenciennes 29
    7 Bordeaux 29

yeah, don't really have much when it comes to other leagues really :P
    Last edited by Larath; 2012-12-25 at 12:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Deleted
    So, these were my predictions and I'm not gonna look through the leagues and do a rundown of how I'm doing

1 Manchester U 43
    2 Manchester C 39
    3 Chelsea 32
    4 Arsenal 30
    5 Everton 30
    6 Tottenham 30
    7 WBA 30
    8 Liverpool 25
    9 Stoke 25
    10 Norwich 25
    11 Swansea 24
    12 West Ham 23
    13 Fulham 20
    14 Newcastle 20
    15 Sunderland 19
    16 Aston Villa 18
    17 Southampton 15
    18 Wigan 15
    19 QPR 10
    20 Reading 9

newcastle is the big dissapointment as far as my predictions go and positive suprise WBA + Everton, not really sure why I underestimated everton though.
    2/3 in the bottom and the last is 17th so thats atleast looking good.
    That table looks mighty fine to me, just the nature of being a Jack that I am looking more at the gap bewtween us and Wigan and not at top 4, even tho the gap is less. Glass is aways half empty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's the start we didn't want

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, another match where we start off losing.

Well at least this season isn't boring.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I think the Utd game was the right one to put on.

Nice weather you have in the UK