Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    The point was its easy to win the title while being a striker in La Liga. If you're a striker at Real or Barca you're pretty much guarenteed a shot at winning the prize.
    I can agree with that. Although I seriously doubt any other player would put up the gaudy numbers that Messi has.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I can agree with that. Although I seriously doubt any other player would put up the gaudy numbers that Messi has.
    Honestly if you put Ronaldo in their Id say he'd match the numbers. Messi is a very talented player, but the guys behind him could easily be described as the best attacking players in any club on the planet. I'd imagine you could take any natural striker and put them in that front roll on their own and they'd get a silly amount of goals. It was similar to Nistelrooy at utd, he never scored from outside the 18 yard box because he didnt need to, Beckham Giggs and Scholes could just give him chances inside the box every game.

I don't think Ronaldo would work nearly as well in the Barcelona system. Maybe if he grew up playing with all of them like Messi did then yeah but otherwise Ronaldo's game is really different to Messi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly Messi would never be as effective at any other team as he is at Barcelona. That's not to take anything away from him, but it's a testament to how good this current side is.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

The other thing to remember is that yes he gets a lot of help from his team & all that jazz, but he's been in the Barca system since he was 13, the reason he's so brutally effective is because that team is built around him playing to his strengths & setting him up, he's the brain of that team, while he's not doing the dirty business he's the one moving the feet. He's also loyal, he could go anywhere on the planet & write his own paycheque purely by saying "I'm Lionel Messi", but he's sticking with Barcelona because the money isn't important to him, what is important to him is playing where he enjoys his football.

Ronaldo on the other hand while every bit as skilled as Messi is a different type of player, he's a mercenary, he'll go where the paycheque is biggest & will go wherever he's the SUPERSTAR, if he's not the superstar he's not interested in being there - hence you'll never see him playing competitive football alongside Messi. He does exactly the same as Messi but he's just not as effective because the team around him is not assembled to play with his strengths in the same way Barca are - pull both of them and stick them on any other team in the world I believe Ronaldo would be the more effective player if they had the exact same random players around them, but he'd also be playing for the paycheque with one eye on where to increase it.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    The FifaPro XI is a complete joke, they just pissed all over the other Euro leagues. Dani Alves, Serhio Ramos, Pique, Marcelo as defenders, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Stoke has a better defensive setup than that. Xabi Alonso in midfield, holy f***. Is winning the Euro that important so you have every player that plays in Spain in the team. So much for credibility.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Im sorry, a league that didnt even make it to the final of the CL, and wasnt even a close competition as a league got all 11 players? FIFA need to suck less Spanish cock, theyre a fucking joke.

When the back 4 contains anyone from the Spanish league (with maybe the exception of Puyol at times) you know its a fucking joke team.
    Last edited by Xanjori; 2013-01-08 at 11:05 AM.

I figure a majority of the people in this thread are European so would anyone mind translating this ESPN commercial for me?

Like a transcript of what they are saying. It sounds just like jibberish to me Im not sure if its slang that no Americans know

Oh sweet just noticed they actually made a translation video at the end for Americans. Huzzah!
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-01-08 at 11:22 AM.

Its pretty common English slang.

Theyre just talking about how shit life would be if they were born on the other side of Manchester, their parents and GF would be ugly and they'd be stuck at home all the time working a crap job!

Im sorry, a league that didnt even make it to the final of the CL, and wasnt even a close competition as a league got all 11 players? FIFA need to suck less Spanish cock, theyre a fucking joke.

When the back 4 contains anyone from the Spanish league (with maybe the exception of Puyol at times) you know its a fucking joke team.
    There is no better left back than Jordi Alba. Plus Spain won the Euro in 2012 so of course there will be some players in there due to that. I agree that all 11 is too much (although to say something like the EPL has any better defenses is laughable).

There is no better left back than Jordi Alba. Plus Spain won the Euro in 2012 so of course there will be some players in there due to that. I agree that all 11 is too much (although to say something like the EPL has any better defenses is laughable).
    Vidic and Kompany? Pretty much better than any defenders in Spain. Ashley Cole had a pretty good season in the CL too (which Chelsea won based on keeping teams like Barca out.)

Vidic and Kompany? Pretty much better than any defenders in Spain. Ashley Cole had a pretty good season in the CL too (which Chelsea won based on keeping teams like Barca out.)
    I would take Pepe over either. Cole is a good one, I like Baines as well but I prefer Alba in that position. Probably couldn't go wrong with any of those three. I think the bigger issue that you have is that all 11 are from the Spanish league(or more specifically, madrid and barcelona) and I can definitely see why (although I find it funny that the selection they have in those positions are the wrong spanish players in my opinion, i.e. Busquets >>> Xabi Alonso, and I already covered Alba).

Players I see missing that should be on there is someone like Pirlo and possibly Ibrahimovic (might be hard to fit in there but just put 3 up front).

Edit: Looking at the list I'd say Pirlo for Xabi Alonso, Pepe for Sergio Ramos, Kompany or Thiago Silva for Pique, Jordi Alba for Dani Alves (different spots I know, couldn't think of a right back), Ibrahimovic for Falcao.

For goalkeeper, meh, no one stood out to me but I suppose you could make a case for Cech (and the goal posts) for his outstanding CL play.
    Last edited by Valeron; 2013-01-08 at 03:29 PM.

Id have put RvP in over Falcao, RvP has been in ridiculous form for two different clubs.

RvP is another good choice. Lots of good players and performances to choose from.

I think the biggest issue with picking 10 from Barca and Real was that they didnt reach the final of the CL. I think thats a bit insulting to both Chelsea and Bayern.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jordi Alba for Dani Alves (different spots I know, couldn't think of a right back)
    Lukasz Piszczek at right back and Philipp Lahm at left, Lahm is at least 10x better then Alba. As for centre back, Mats Hummelsls, best in the game atm, and Kompany. Pirlo for Xavi and Yaya Toure for Xabi Alonso.

As for Goalkeeper, your choices are Neuer, Casillas, Buffon and Check. I don't think ether one had an exceptional season to be stronger choice over the others.

Spanish league is a joke, if you think you have good defense in Spain let me remind you that, Celtic (and Chelsea last year) contained Barca to 3(2) goals in 2 matches, while 90% of the Spanish teams concede 3 goals in a half against them.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Pirlo over Xavi? The same Pirlo that was completely shut down by Xavi in the Euro final?

Lahm is 10x better than Alba? You are having a laugh. And Hummels, then one that let the clown Balloteli score twice on him. Yaya Toure isn't good enough to lace Busquets boots let alone Xabi Alonso.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pirlo over Xavi? The same Pirlo that was completely shut down by Xavi in the Euro final?

Lahm is 10x better than Alba? You are having a laugh. And Hummels, then one that let the clown Balloteli score twice on him. Yaya Toure isn't good enough to lace Busquets boots let alone Xabi Alonso.
    So what you are saying is 1 game decide who goes in the team? Baloteli scored twice on Badstuber not Hummels, saying Xavi shit down Pirlo is like saying John Terry shut down Barca. If you think Alba is close to Lahm you need to watch more football, i don't even need to make arguments here.

You obviously don't watch any other league then LaLiga which isn't even a league rather a 2 horse (1 this year) race. Saying Jordi Alba is the best full back just cracs me up.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

What has lahm done this year? Nothing, absolutely nothing. At least Alba has a Euro championship under a belt, one in which he was the revelation and arguably the best player for Spain in that tournament. And adding Yaya Toure to your best 11? The man who makes one marauding run per game and then is shot the rest of it, can't defend, can't pass, all he has is pace and strength. One of the most overrated players today alongside Fernando Torres

10+ Year Old Account
    Toure was the skeleton of the City team he did everything for them in their title winning campaign. Now is he worth the paycheck he gets, heck no but we aren't putting players here based on performance/cost numbers. Winning heck, even playing in the Euro's shouldn't be considered, it's called a FIFA World, not EURO. Lahm reached the CL final, outside of the Euro the only noteworthy thing Alba did was make a transfer to Barca.

The criteria for these "awards" is a joke. What am i saying there is no criteria, its a popularity contest.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!