Id say there is a huge difference between returning it slowly and actually smothering the ball, a player would be booked if he smothered the ball in such a situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never mind about just a player smothering it, if any of the management team, coaches ect would of done it, there would of been uproar!

Very disappointed that a ball-boy can bring the game into disrepute. The Ball-boy was completely in the wrong. Swansea should be ashamed of this employee. Hazard did nothing wrong. Rewarding the kid by inviting him into the Chelski dressing room only condones the behaviour and will probably result in other idiots using similar time wasting tactics in the future.

Anyway, hes hardly a boy, he was 17. I thought the ball-boys were like aged 12-15? Was his local McDonald not employing?

I'm done talking Hazard, ultimately it's never going to be something that anyone sees in the same light.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    People are so hypocritical it's unbelievable! Last season in the Champions' League, Chelsea played Barca and the ball boys at Chelsea literally didn't give the ball to a Barca player at any sort of reasonable pace after the Drogba goal, and Drogba alone was diving all over the place just for the sole purpose of wasting time. It happens in football, whether it be ball boys or footballers. Ball boys at home grounds always try to give the home team advantages, this is what happened with the Stoke debate about the towels, which led to the banning of towels on the touchline, they would give it to Delap every time, but when another player asked for it, they refused.

Also, the ball boy didn't 'fall' on the ball and smother it as some of you suggested, if you see the whole incident, he bent over and Hazard went to pick it up too and the ball boy had pressure on his back when bent over (You're pretty much genetically designed not to push back when your spine is off-set and it just shuts down all form of fightback in order to protect organs and stuff - making it nearly impossible not to fall over in that situation.) Then Hazard was one side, and had his hands the other side, the kid couldn't move at all, then Hazard gets more frustrated and kicked at him.

Anyone trying to defend Hazard must remember he's meant to be a professional footballer - A role model, kicking teenagers is a disgusting thing to do and shouldn't be done. He's lucky to avoid more severe punishment in this situation.
    /rant over.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/CHARLIEM0RGAN/st...35719700602881

Kid turns out to be the son of a Swansea board member. I can't condone Hazard's reaction but I don't think in any way that ball boy can be painted as a victim. It was just a messed up situation, neither one of them is blameless. Hazard should have left it to the referee.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Llorente to Juventus, now thats gonna push them up a notch, they needed him almost as much as arsenal needed him >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Juve has the most chances per game in Europe I believe. So good move to get a finisher.

Won't need a finisher in the next round against Celtic!

Casillas out for a while with a broken hand. Good news for Man United

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    https://twitter.com/CHARLIEM0RGAN/st...35719700602881

Kid turns out to be the son of a Swansea board member. I can't condone Hazard's reaction but I don't think in any way that ball boy can be painted as a victim. It was just a messed up situation, neither one of them is blameless. Hazard should have left it to the referee.

Need less ball boys and more ball girls

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gobsmacked that the Premier League missed out on Llorente, huge pick up for Juventus.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So Zaha to united? I really don't know why people seem to rank him so high like they do but eh yeah.

I'm really confused by how he is the biggest talent QPR have produced but I've not seen him play.

I wonder if we will see Welbeck go away from Utd now.

I'm gobsmacked that the Premier League missed out on Llorente, huge pick up for Juventus.
    They got such a good team, well underestimated imo.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlikely, Zaha is a winger not a striker. Nani and Young have questionable futures though.

Honestly, I'm not going to comment here, I have my reservations but then again I thought Van Persie was too old and injury prone. Good luck to Zaha when he starts next August. Ferguson's building up quite the England youth team again now, Smalling, Jones, Cleverley, Powell, Welbeck and now Zaha.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Arsenal fans, take a moment of deep reflection and ask yourself the following question.

Is Santos the worst player you've ever had?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So Arsenal fans, take a moment of deep reflection and ask yourself the following question.

Is Santos the worst player you've ever had?
    no, not even close, we had that guy from united (silvestre)

and I'm still a little bit biased from his preformance during our chelsea demolishing last season, so he's not worst yet.

1-1 draw at Ibrox with Montrose today, 88th minute equaliser but apparently a pretty poor game for us, saying this too often this year but we need to start putting teams away, especially at home, also possibly a bad injury for one of our more consistent performers young Lewis McLeod, played in 19 league games this season & equipped himself well.

I'm gonna throw this out there, just how in the hell does Paul Lambert still have a job this weekend? Knocked out of the cups by lower league opposition - granted one at the semi-final stage, but that can't be good for his prospects of retaining employment next season, plus if my memory is correct (a rarity) they've been handed some pretty grim demolition beatings this season in the league too. I know he's in charge of a Villa side which is not the best, but you can't expect to get away with being papped out on your rear of cups twice in a week and not be picking up a P45 very shortly thereafter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Penalty 1min in we better get our tin foil hats out....def a penalty though.

10+ Year Old Account
    And denied a second penalty for a blatant handball. But hey, United get all the decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think no-one can say both of them shouldn't of been penalties.