10+ Year Old Account

No foul for this The FA had better act on this.

He could not straighten his leg after and has been taken to hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Hope not.

Would prefer Cavani.
    you would prefer Cavani over Falcao?

Well Cavani would be cheaper at any rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be a great shame if Belgium didn't make the World Cup. So much talent wasted. As for Hazard, he's still very young, anything can happen. If he can keep improving I'm sure in a few years he'll fit in. On to Falcao, he's second only to Ibra. Such a natural goal scorer, he can score from everywhere. Here's his highlight this season, scoring 5 goals in a 6-0 drubbing of Deportivo. Brilliant.
    Last edited by Norganon; 2013-03-17 at 06:00 PM.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    I think the main problem is is that the players don't play enough together, much like is the problem with other countries. If you look and Spain or Germany, half the national team consists of players from the same league team (Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich etc). I think it does make quite a difference if you're used to playing together.
    not sure about this tbh, just take a look back both Brazil and France had very good runs in world cups etc and neither of those had teams based in their own country on the level off Bayern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

That tackle is scandalous. He should get banned for the rest of the season for that.

Another poor Newcastle display, even with better players they might get relegated and rightly so if can't get anything against the likes of Wigan.

10+ Year Old Account
    @JustaBigBird

Fixed your universal choking sign ))
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    not sure about this tbh, just take a look back both Brazil and France had very good runs in world cups etc and neither of those had teams based in their own country on the level off Bayern.
    True, but it surely doesn't hurt if you're used to playing together. Just look at the success Spain has had in the last years.

Quote Originally Posted by jasoncb View Post
    Another poor Newcastle display, even with better players they might get relegated and rightly so if can't get anything against the likes of Wigan.
    Newcastle are struggling from lack of squad depth majorly. It's what cost spurs 4th last season and it looks like it could cost them again this one too at the moment I think. Europa league on Thursdays is just a killer when you don't have the ability to rotate out at the very least the majority of your team with players of the same quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    also fengore, how many times have you gone through the league unbeaten!? :P
    We've gone through the Champions League unbeaten

Also Spurs are throwing it away far too early in the season, if this is their choke period they've given themselves enough time to recover and repair damage.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

St. Mirren won the Scottish league cup beating Hearts 3-2 at Hampden, fucked if I know where those two clubs found 44,000 supporters between them though given their attendances! Still, atleast St. Mirren won, no offense, but I wouldn't trust Hearts not to pawn the trophy...

Reminds me of the 2010 final between Rangers & St. Mirren, we won with 9 men - I was there & got my ass kicked for it last May from a doctor, I was only there because my blood counts meant I couldn't get treatment the previous Monday
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lovely goal by Messi as Barca beat Rayo 3-1. Rayo was very brave and started very well but simply didn't have the quality to to anything.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    We've gone through the Champions League unbeaten

Also Spurs are throwing it away far too early in the season, if this is their choke period they've given themselves enough time to recover and repair damage.
    I don't care when spurs is choking, I just know they are doing it :P

we've almost gone through CL unbeaten, sadly a certain swede got in the way during our final with barcelona 2006, damn you henrik larsson.

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 12:17 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg1hHV3S1Y8

just gonna link this here, its a swedish fanbased website about football but they have a show called from england with love where people from england living in sweden talking about football (there is even a rangers fan in there!) and they talk about english football and this episode I linked have Ian Rush and David Faircloug in it, just thought I just give someone a chance to see it if you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spur's fixture list:

-Swansea (A)
    -Everton (H)
    -Chelsea (A)
    -Man City(H)
    -Wigan (A)
    -Southampton (H)
    -Stoke (A)
    -Sunderland (H)

plus they have 2 EL games with FC Basel. Don't know why AVB is going for that trophy and risk losing on CL qualification. Anyway 4 points behind Spurs with a game in hand.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Pretty sure the Arsenal fans in this thread are getting a bit too excited, especially considering its only two weeks since we beat them. Since then its lost a tough game away at Anfield and then a silly loss at home following a mid-week game. I'm still confident of us finishing top 4 and I think the EL is open to us, it'd be great to win that and I think AVB is doing the right thing in keeping us in it and going for it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Pretty sure the Arsenal fans in this thread are getting a bit too excited, especially considering its only two weeks since we beat them. Since then its lost a tough game away at Anfield and then a silly loss at home following a mid-week game. I'm still confident of us finishing top 4 and I think the EL is open to us, it'd be great to win that and I think AVB is doing the right thing in keeping us in it and going for it.
    yeah finishing top 4 is fine but not above arsenal :P besides we just remember what happened last season!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty hard to get excited as an Arsenal fan this season, considering all the inconsistencies. You should know things change fast in the EPL, sure two weeks ago we were in crap form, lost to Blackburn then 3-1 beating from Bayern at home and the lose from Spurs, but since then we managed to beat Bayern away and now Swansea away, a team that has given us a lot of problems since they are in the PL. On the other hand Totnem have 3 loses in a row and they almost managed to let a 3-0 advantage slip in Milan. Should make for an interesting race till the end.

I was just watching probably one of the best goals Van Persie has scored, the voley vs Charlton.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D41yl...S7eU3RrKNzzOtA
    Last edited by mirodin; 2013-03-19 at 12:43 PM.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    You've got to be kidding me, the FA will not be taking action on the McManaman challenge??

I give up.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21849733

yup no retrospective action, supposedly one of the officials saw it and deemed it not even worth a foul.....bonkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if that tackle had been on a Manchester United player. That guy would have banned for life, and probably in prison aswell...
    Last edited by Elgefar; 2013-03-19 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Numerous admirers!
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks