Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post

and about the 3 irregular goals, I'm not saying they were fault or anything but they were kinda irregular, the first goal? idr the two headers in the box, the first one that guy had the hands on alves shoulder and shits, robben one.. and the offside..
    2 of the goals were questionable, irregular was only one, at best.

And don't forget that there were 2 clear - not questionable - hand penalties that Bayern didn't get. If you play the ball with your hand, your arm all the way streched out, this is a penalty inside the penalty zone, not maybe, not debatibly, it is one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this defeat will be good for Barca. They're out of the CL, the Copa del Rey but they're cruising towards a league title. They need to remain calm and decided in the transfer window how to pick themselves up. Get a couple of defenders and perhaps get a big striker and move Messi back to the right wing. Maybe even switch to another style. Go back to the 1992 Dream Team football. It's a wake up call for them.
    Ohio State Buckeye

15+ Year Old Account
    A little change of topic but I can't stop watching replays of RvP's 2nd goal. Absolute beauty.

And back on topic, glad Bayern won, I don't see Barca coming back from 4-0 down so looks like Bayern are already in the finals. Not too bothered who they face, Dortmund or Real Madrid, might be nice if they were to face Real Madrid so it wasn't an all German final (not like Bayern and Dortmund haven't played against each other enough).

I kind of had a feeling it could end badly for Barca. Bayern is in insane form and have such a great team, while Barcelona have looked quite shit lately. A couple of the goals were special so to speak but I think Bayern deserved the result. They did everything right and created several solid chances besides the goals, while Barca barely created a single good chance to score in the entire game. They were simply at another level in this game. Now lets hope they win the whole thing, they deserve it.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-04-24 at 01:12 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    2 of the goals were questionable, irregular was only one, at best.

And don't forget that there were 2 clear - not questionable - hand penalties that Bayern didn't get. If you play the ball with your hand, your arm all the way streched out, this is a penalty inside the penalty zone, not maybe, not debatibly, it is one.

that's the word I was looking for.

2/4 goals were questionabl. robbens goals was irregular..

2 clear penalties? the only clear for me was pique one

Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    Maybe even switch to another style. Go back to the 1992 Dream Team football. It's a wake up call for them.
    I don't agree with this, barca style in the last 5-6 years was one of the best if not the best in the football history (the best in my life at least, arsenal 2002 or so 2nd ), they just need to get height like I said so they stop being weak at corner kicks/free kicks.. so a good winger/ a real striker, a defensive left back (a player like abidal I'd like) and another center back.
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2013-04-24 at 02:07 AM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was just a suggestion, but speed up the play a little bit. Currently it takes so long for an attack to be finished and it gets predictable. I mean, let's be honest, they did dominate world football for a time and you shouldn't fix something that isn't broken, but currently it is broken. We'll see how this developes I guess.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Stop it, they're already dead.

It was just a suggestion, but speed up the play a little bit. Currently it takes so long for an attack to be finished and it gets predictable. I mean, let's be honest, they did dominate world football for a time and you shouldn't fix something that isn't broken, but currently it is broken. We'll see how this developes I guess.
    instead of change, they can add things and fix things like you said, the only way barca scores is by passing every1 and scoring in the box or from outside the box nothing else, corner kicks are useless because most of the players are small, so if they get players with decent height.. things would change, a lot, but their playstyle would be the same.. or almost the same
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2013-04-24 at 03:03 AM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

15+ Year Old Account
    barca isn't dead, but maybe they just need a change in playstyle, and some fresh faces, I don't know. They're still a really good team, but they've seen better days than the form they're currently in. And I still think they depend too much on Messi.

having 2 of their starting defenders out through injury didn't help them either

10+ Year Old Account
    Adding height won't solve everything though. There's a reason they have such small players: they're agile and hard to get off the ball. Look at Messi, he accelerates very fast and can dance through defenders. Large, bulky players such as Ronaldo can't do that so easily.

Not having your starting defenders shouldn't be an excuse. A club like Barcelona should have some depth. I'm not talking RM kind of depth, but at least some.
    Ohio State Buckeye

ofc it isn't dead, barca is the only team (right now) that plays beautiful football and success with it
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be an Ajax in that sentence. Not European succes, but 3 Eredivisie titles in a row.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Well none of the big teams get any sympathy from me. Messi or Ronaldo is worth more than my whole club. Plus you add in the lopsided TV revenue to that, well yeah both Barca and Madrid can suck it. I imagine a lot of German fans feel the same way about Bayern Munich.

I hope Dortmund wins the CL. Of course it looks like the vultures have already started to clean out that team so this maybe their golden chance to win it.
    Last edited by Valeron; 2013-04-24 at 03:17 AM.

Adding height won't solve everything though. There's a reason they have such small players: they're agile and hard to get off the ball. Look at Messi, he accelerates very fast and can dance through defenders. Large, bulky players such as Ronaldo can't do that so easily.

Not having your starting defenders shouldn't be an excuse. A club like Barcelona should have some depth. I'm not talking RM kind of depth, but at least some.
    it would help a lot actually, like today. And pique saved a lot today just cuz he was tall (headers and shits) barca needs their main defenders even more than any other team because they usually attack with every1 but pique/2nd defender/busquets, bartra made few mistakes today one ended in a goal (and had two decent chances to score)

anyway idk bayern attacked with 4+ players and defended with every1 for 90 min like if it were the first 15 min of the match, the first half I was like okay, they will get tired and barca hope barca can score.. and boom another 45 mins running like fucking ronaldo. so yep

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 12:19 AM ----------

I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be an Ajax in that sentence. Not European succes, but 3 Eredivisie titles in a row.
    yeah I thought about ajax but.. they don't do well in CL's lately.. so that's why I didn't add them

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 12:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I hope Dortmund wins the CL. Of course it looks like the vultures have already started to clean out that team so this maybe their golden chance to win it.
    not gonna happen, there is 0% imo xD that dortmund win vs bayern..

I hope dortmund win tho cuz I know real has a bit more chances than dortmund to win vs bayern.. real and bayern kinda alike well the formation is the same so xD. and tbh this has to be bayern year (they deserve it.. and they lost the final at home vs chelsea last year)
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Understandable, Ajax only have success in the Eredivisie as of late. The 3-1 against City was a small glimmer of hope though. Shame, but alas. Height for the defenders might help, yeah, but not for the offense. Look at Ibra, he just didn't fit in.

@Doozerjun: The TV revenue issue has been dealt with. Starting soon, all clubs will receive an equal share.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Understandable, Ajax only have success in the Eredivisie as of late. The 3-1 against City was a small glimmer of hope though. Shame, but alas. Height for the defenders might help, yeah, but not for the offense. Look at Ibra, he just didn't fit in.

@Doozerjun: The TV revenue issue has been dealt with. Starting soon, all clubs will receive an equal share.
    well you read the ibra book right?

imo if messi go back to the right wing ibra can fit. He did fit but then messi went to the middle, anyway ibra isn't the player that would sacrifice his oil for the team (in the supportive way).

anyway thinking about it idk what tall player would fit in barca striker/winger.. thought about balotelli he may fit and he can play in the wings kinda.. the others I want would be neymar(if he stop being too selfish)/aguero, or idk a winger like di maria.. tall, etc
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2013-04-24 at 03:30 AM.
    - Ronald Koeman.

You need a player who is willing to press up top. While they haven't pressed as much this season as they did under Pep (and this probably is resulting in their worse overall play) they still rely on team pressing high up the pitch. Ibra would have none of that and that is why he didn't fit in (among the chief reasons anyway). What they really need is to have Samuel Etoo be 10 years younger and get him back.

don't forget ronaldinho with those two as wingers (or messi as winger etoo as 9), god I can't imagine :P

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 12:43 AM ----------

Jordi Roura said this.

Bayern have to be congratulated. They were very strong and superior to us. They are a very physical team, tall and strong. We didn't play all that badly in the first half but then they scored quite early in the second from a set play following a corner – and from there it was difficult. We left too many spaces and we suffered for a lack of physicality.

Bayern played a great game while we were lacking that freshness to compete with them and that is something we have to look at. We did not see situations where we could have changed things after the break. It's a bad result and we are down. We know we're in a difficult position now, but as Barcelona we have to compete in the second leg and try to win. We will give it our all.

he pretty much said all
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted

They don't necessarily need the height up front. They need the height in the back. Bayern had five tall players known for decent headers on the pitch (Boateng, Dante, Schweinsteiger, Müller, Gomez. Maybe even Martinez.), Barca only had Pique. That being said, Pique saved a lot, but crosses and corner kicks become exponentially more dangerous if you have so little air superiority in your own box.

Fun fact: Of all 98 clubs in the five big european leagues Barca wins the least air duels per game. It's usually not a big deal for them because they don't allow many headers, at least not in their own penalty box. But if they face a tall team who has the technique to get those crosses and corner kicks in their lack of size in the back really hurts them.