Deleted

Question about team questing

So lets say I roll a charr and my friend rolls a sylvari. I wanna do my personal story quests in the Ascalon region, but I also want to level up with my friend. Ive heard my friend can help me on my personal quest stories but how does this work exactly? Will he be able to see the cutscenes I go through? Will he be able to get rewards suitable for his class? Or will he be left completely out of those?

Deleted
    He will help you during fights, see every cutscenes, but no rewards and no choices. It's YOUR personnal story.

Deleted
    Okay, so how does he gain gear then if we want to do each others personal quests, or do we have to do them preferably alone?

Also another question, how do you get from the grove to the black citadel, heard there were asura gates or something, but is every city connected to every other major city and region by these?
    Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2012-08-12 at 12:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    Okay, so how does he gain gear then if we want to do each others personal quests, or do we have to do them preferably alone?

Also another question, how do you get from the grove to the black citadel, heard there were asura gates or something, but is every city is connected to every other major city and region by these?
    He gains gear if you in return help him with his personal story.

Every city has a portal to the city of Lions Arch where there are portals to every major city as well as the WvWvW zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    He'll get gear from his own Personal story, and you'll get gear from yours, but there is a level suggestion gap between Personal story quest to personal story quest, so you probably won't be able to go straight from point to point and expect to just do the Personal Story. It's paced so that you have to do at least some of the zone.

Also another question, how do you get from the grove to the black citadel, heard there were asura gates or something, but is every city is connected to every other major city and region by these?
    Yes, every major city has a asura gate to Lion's Arch, the hub city, and from Lion's Arch you can take another portal to any city you wish.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    Oh i see so we have to switch up from time to time, k thanks. One more question, how do you go to the dungeons, do you have to find them like in WoW before the new system came(if you do is there a call stone like thing there so you can summon other party members) or is there some sort of LFG that just transports your ready party there?
    Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2012-08-12 at 12:26 PM.

You can gain gear from vendors; gold & karma. Or from drops and zone completion.

Gear is rather cheap & easy to come by. Gear doesn't all come from PS as it is not like "questing" in the WOW sense. Meaning that you are not necessarily "questing" to get progressively loaded up with greens->blues->whateverthefuck.

Every racial city is connected to Lion's Arch. Lion's Arch [massive interracial city] is connected to every thing else.

Can either walk through the portal in a city to Lion's Arch or open the character screen, hit the PVP tab and go to The Mists. In The Mists, a PVP lobby, there is a portal that goes to Lion's Arch. Of course, once waypoints are discovered it's a snap to port anywhere via map screen.

Aside from the slow run speed, travel is very easy and intuitive.

There is a LFG but it doesn't port players in to dungeons. Have to find them and walk in.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Say you're both charr, and on the same personal story quests. I take my quest, and my friend chooses to help. Do we both get credit that way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Yes, every major city has a asura gate to Lion's Arch, the hub city, and from Lion's Arch you can take another portal to any city you wish.
    Or you can take a short-cut through the Mists to go the Lion's Arch if you happen to be in the middle of nowhere.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    Say you're both charr, and on the same personal story quests. I take my quest, and my friend chooses to help. Do we both get credit that way?
    Nope, each storyline is unique. We tested that actually in the last BWE.

And I'm not sure that you don't get loot in another's storyline; of course you don't get QUEST loot, but AFAIK the normal random drop-rates DO still apply and so - even if you aren't level-appropriate, you'll be scaled down to the quest level, and the loot drops that you get will be scaled up to you.
    -Styopa

Quote Originally Posted by styopa View Post
    Nope, each storyline is unique. We tested that actually in the last BWE.
    Thats strange, it worked for me, bug maybe?
    When my girlfriend completed a part of her personal story It gave me an option to either progress my story as well or not. If I accepted, sure enough my story progressed and I was able to choose my loot reward. If I declined, we had to do that part of the personal story over again.
    Now this only works If you pick the same personal story options during character creation so maybe you guys had different personal stories.

That only works if you have the same set of circumstances, I imagine.

Deleted
    If you both chose the same personal story and are on the same step, then at the end of the quest it will give the "guest" person the option to also complete the quest with the same choices that the "host" person made.