Deleted

Talking These Professions: Final Decision

Rogue - Engineering & Herbalism
    Paladin - Jewelcrafting & Mining
    Shaman - Alchemy & Enchanting

As you can see they all compliment each other. Before I finally make the decision of sinking all my gold into these characters, does this look like a good setup of professions?

Shaman/Pally as main in MoP.
    Rogue as PvP main in MoP.

Whadya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Renrawr View Post
    Rogue - Engineering & Herbalism
    Paladin - Jewelcrafting & Mining
    Shaman - Alchemy & Enchanting

As you can see they all compliment each other. Before I finally make the decision of sinking all my gold into these characters, does this look like a good setup of professions?

Shaman/Pally as main in MoP.
    Rogue as PvP main in MoP.

Whadya think?
    you've got all the main gold making professions covered and theyre all max level (i assume)

level your paladin first, max JC, send all drops to shaman to DE; that will level enchanting, try and cap JC asap, level shaman for cap alchemy / chanting, level rogue whenever you want

Deleted
    level one more alt for miner / herb and get proper professions for these 3 characters, moar benefits for mains. i myself got 4 85's atm, where one has mining & herb, and he is currently my farmingslave

Deleted
    Won't I need to level my rogue sooner and collect herbs to level shaman for alchemy cap?

---------- Post added 2012-08-12 at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blind-Stalker View Post
    level one more alt for miner / herb and get proper professions for these 3 characters, moar benefits for mains. i myself got 4 85's atm, where one has mining & herb, and he is currently my farmingslave
    The plus side to having mining with my paladin is that I get toughness which is useful as i'm protection

Deleted
    Won't I need to level my rogue sooner and collect herbs to level shaman for alchemy cap?

The plus side to having mining with my paladin is that I get toughness which is useful as i'm protection
    Well, in that case mining is suitable for pally. LW herb in that case for alt ? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind-Stalker View Post
    Well, in that case mining is suitable for pally. LW herb in that case for alt ? :P
    But then what am I going to replace herb with on rogue? xD

depends on what you wanna prioritise first, ive got a similiar setup (no herb) and im going to level my JC first then enchanting then alchemy since the alchemy is mainly used for the transmute (and i dont care about spending the money to level it; fully willing to blow 10k to get it up to the next cap) yet out of those 3 professions JC and enchanting are the main money makers out of that setup where as alchemy is more of a fluffer for transmutes and since alchemy is mainly used for transmutes; your going to need to do JC dailies to get the required blue gems to start REALLY Profiting in JC so that gives you a buffer on how long it gives you to level alchemy to max (this also depends on how long you actually have to play)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogabr View Post
    depends on what you wanna prioritise first, ive got a similiar setup (no herb) and im going to level my JC first then enchanting then alchemy since the alchemy is mainly used for the transmute (and i dont care about spending the money to level it; fully willing to blow 10k to get it up to the next cap) yet out of those 3 professions JC and enchanting are the main money makers out of that setup where as alchemy is more of a fluffer for transmutes and since alchemy is mainly used for transmutes; your going to need to do JC dailies to get the required blue gems to start REALLY Profiting in JC so that gives you a buffer on how long it gives you to level alchemy to max (this also depends on how long you actually have to play)
    So, considering the proffs I have there, what do you suggest I do - Shall I keep everything in the same order or change it up a bit? Like is there certain proffs there that have to be on the same character? ^^ (Say if I changed to ret, what would be the optimal professions on my pally?)
    Last edited by mmocefcb5da2f4; 2012-08-12 at 06:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    My suggestion is
    - Mining and herbalism on a different and unique char (preferably a druid for flying form, a night elf if alliance and a tauren if horde), for comps.
    - Jewelcrafting and Blacksmithing for 3 others, those professions offer the most flexibility.

During cata this flexibility lost its supremacy since the major stats were always the ones to gem for, but if you want to try to max a certain secondary stat for fun or because it's usefull, only those 2 professions permit that.

It's what I do, I have only one main, so it's easier.
    Never any gathering profession on a main, only on a druid dedicated to this job !

I'd take out herbalism and alchemy and go for leatherworking with skinning instead. Personally I'm just a big fan, the free wrists and leg enchants will save you a lot of money (leg enchants only apply to enhance tho).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I'd take out herbalism and alchemy and go for leatherworking with skinning instead. Personally I'm just a big fan, the free wrists and leg enchants will save you a lot of money (leg enchants only apply to enhance tho).
    this.

also the leg enchants are easy to get (at least right now in the beta). if you are a coreplayer in your guild and wanna help out your guildies you can make

- agi+crit leg enchants
    - str+crit leg enchants (which you could never do before MoP)
    - stamina+dodge leg enchants

so you alone can cover all the tanks, hunters, rogues, monks, DKs, ret palas, warriors, enhance shamis.

thats quite a lot if you ask me and you can probably make a ton of gold off of it too. im already on duty for this to support my guild with those leg armors constantly so everyone can hopefully level faster.

Gathering professions aren't very good for main toons...well, I guess if you play more on the casual side it really doesn't matter but if you want to do the best to compete/deal damage etc than gathering professions don't really suffice. While I have a max level of each gathering profession across my plethora of alts, I'm pretty much at the stage now where it's easier/cheaper for some other schmuck to do the farming and I just buy stuff in bulk when it's really cheap...this is obviously a bit rough during the first few weeks of an expansion but long-term, you really don't need gathering professions, unless you have a lot of free time or enjoy farming. I'd much rather spend the twenty gold for a stack of herbs/ore than spend the 5 minutes it takes to obtain that stack, but again, that's just me.

Its whatever you wanna do really, but if u want to make it easy, listen to the other people and get a druid, lvl it quick, and put mining/herb on it.

As for ur other toons, ull prolly make more toons someday right? Just get em all. Make a warrior? put blacksmith/eng on it. Make a lock? put alch/tailoring on it. Make a hunter? Put skinning/leatherworking on it. Once you have all the profs, put alch/whatever on any toons after that for more daily xmutes. Just put eng on ur main, utility/fun > static stats.

Deleted
    it's also a achievement for maxing all professions