pre-Character creation?

I think I heard/read somewhere that they will release the character creation before the actual game so everyone can create his character and be ready for the release. Is this true? I have not yet pre-ordered the game, but if I do pre-order, will I be able to create my character before game goes live and also lock a name for?
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

in an interview they said it's not possible to do that. I'm going to look for the source.

10+ Year Old Account
    DERP I messed up
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2012-08-12 at 05:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    No MoP won't be live until that legendary day of September 25th.
    Not sure if serious?

Anyways, it's just like any other game, you make your character ingame when the game launches.

Deleted
    If you want to reserve a name just create a character with the name you want and delete it when you create your panda/monk

Please, post constructively. --Fencers
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-12 at 05:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No MoP won't be live until that legendary day of September 25th.
    You know this is a guild wars 2 thread right?

OT, not really sure but I haven't seen anything on that.

hm..thanks. Maybe they said only about name lock but then I am not sure either :P probably I am confused with other game or such..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I am officially embarrassed, I did not look at the Guild Wars 2 topic. I feel stupid now ><

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    hm..thanks. Maybe they said only about name lock but then I am not sure either :P probably I am confused with other game or such..
    There was a way to lock in your characters names, but only if you have GW1, and I believe the deadline for reserving names has already passed.

Ok I am officially embarrassed, I did not look at the Guild Wars 2 topic. I feel stupid now ><
    hehe, It happened to me too, when I get a link from the home page, thats why now I always look at the forum path :P

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    There was a way to lock in your characters names, but only if you have GW1, and I believe the deadline for reserving names has already passed.
    probably I get confused with this then, because I am sure there was a way to lock a name. but I think I heard about that they wanted to give the character creation separate and before the actual game... Anyway, it is clear now that it will not happen :P
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2012-08-12 at 05:58 PM.

Will there be anything like a pre-launch character creation option for those that would like 1, i.e something you could pre-design your characters appearence with, so that people can simply load their pre-designed character/s, then do the biography questions, name it and jump into the game?

A. This seemed very unlikely by what I could glean from Theo, they were not even aware of the thread concerning this topic, he also stated that if they did do this now it may delay the release of the game and that is what they are focued on at this time. If it is something that the community really would want anything is really an option for the future, they do read the forums ( they knew they wouldn't be able to answer most of our questions ) and they are very active in seeking communication with the GW2 player base, all ideas are passed on and they do express alot that we continue to put forward our ideas. Again they are concentrating on getting the game completed.
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...ro-gamer-expo/