Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    bugs are never really smart

oh look a giant
    let me fly at its face it wont try to kill me
    Well you'd think so, but if you replace 'giant' with 'wall guarded by pandas', and you keep the strongest survivors in hibernation until their numbers are overwhelming...

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    A bunch of moles is probably going to have trouble with that.
    ...yyyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    No he didn't, an asteroid did it.
    Let me let you in on a little secret

Y'Shaarj and the Klaxxi aren't real either

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xastur View Post
    <snip>
    First post and you bump a thread that is 4 months old.

Then again, no one after seems to notice either.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    God wiped out almost every living thing on the planet with a giant flood and people still worship Him. People (and bug people) worship god(s) because they're gods, not because they're particularly nice.
    I second this one.

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    God wiped out almost every living thing on the planet with a giant flood and people still worship Him. People (and bug people) worship god(s) because they're gods, not because they're particularly nice.
    While you've definitely got a point there, the Biblical rationale behind the flood was that humankind had drifted so far away from godliness that He wanted to just hit the reset button and start from scratch. In contrast, the Mantids have been keeping the home fires burning for Y'Shaarj for longer than most races have existed. They even have a band of assassins in stasis whose sole purpose is to keep things the way the boss left them. Though granted, being based on a Lovecraftian type of entity, Y'Shaarj probably doesn't care much what the gnats do one way or the other. Or wouldn't, if he wasn't certifiably deceased.

The sha are byproducts of the Old Gods and Emperor Shao Hao's emotions, but don't seem to necessarily obey or work for them, they just do whatever they want. The Sha seem to be to the Old Gods what the Saurok are to the Mogu.

Hence, since they're not actually aligned with the old gods (and as a result are hurting the mantid by pushing them too hard), the Mantid oppose them.
    Twas brillig