Thread: MoP Mount Guide

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Post MoP Mount Guide

Also see my MoP Companion Pet Guide

This includes all the new mounts coming with the expansion.

Mists of Pandaria Mount Guide

Purchasable

Cloud Serpents:
    The Order of the Cloud Serpent provides a series of quests and dailies to grow and nurture your own Cloud Serpent. At the end of the chain you will be exalted, your serpent will turn into a mount and you'll be taught Cloud Serpent Riding; which is required to use all varieties of cloud serpents. You can buy the other cloud serpent colors.

Dragon Turtles:

Dragon Turtles are the Pandaren racial mounts. If you're not Pandaren you must be exalted with the Tushui Pandaren (Alliance) or Huojin Pandaren (Horde). They can be purchased in Stormwind from Old Whitenose or in Orgrimmar from Turtlemaster Odai.

Riding Cranes:

Jaluu the Generous sells Riding Cranes if you are exalted with Golden Lotus.

Riding Goats:
    Gina Mudclaw sells Riding Goats if you are exalted with The Tillers.

Shado-Pan Riding Tigers:
    Rushi the Fox sells Riding Tigers if you are exalted with Shado-Pan.

Thundering Cloud Serpents:
    These require Cloud Serpent Riding to ride.

Water Striders:
    Nat Pagle sells Water Striders if you are exalted with The Anglers. These mounts can walk on water! But not in Battlegrounds.

Yaks:
    Uncle Bigpocket sells Yaks in Kun-Lai Summit. The Grand Expedition Yak includes a repair vendor and an arcane reforger; allowing you and others to sell, repair and reforge your gear anywhere you can mount.

Other

Total cost of all purchasable mounts before faction and guild discounts is 201,916g
    After discounts the cheapest price for all purchasable mounts is 168,541g

Crafted
    All crafted mounts require Orbs of Mystery, which cost 20,000g each and are purchased from Big Keech in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. The orbs are not required for anything other than these mounts.

Engineering:
    Each specialization of engineering can create a different rocket mount.

Jewelcrafting:
    Gemcutters can create five Flying Panther mounts.

With a 10% guild discount it costs 252,000g to buy all the necessary Orbs of Mystery, plus the market value of the other materials.

Achievements & Quests
    Several achievements reward mounts upon completion. They will arrive in the mail as soon as the achievement is awarded.

Enemy Drops
    As usual, some mounts drop from bosses or rare mobs.

You can obtain up to 52 mounts by this point.

Out-of-Game

• Imperial Quilen comes with the Digital Deluxe Edition or Collectors Edition of Mists of Pandaria.

Unknown
    The following mounts have been datamined but have no known source. They may end up not being available at all. The three yaks have unique icons which might indicate a higher likelihood of implementation.

These mounts have datamined models but there is no spell or item information related to them:
    • Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent
    • Thundering Azure Cloud Serpent
    • Disc of the Golden Flying Cloud
    • Disc of the Blue Flying Cloud
    • Disc of the Purple Flying Cloud
    • Quilin (non-flying versions of the CE mount with slightly different armour)
    • 3 more Kite mounts

Other Information

Account Wide Mounts
    There is some older information floating around the internet about a number of mounts not being account-wide, especially the big gold-sink mounts. This is no longer the case.
    Originally Posted by Mumper (Blue Tracker)
    ​At this point, the only mounts that are not account-wide are either class specific or rewarded from PVP. We feel like both these types of mounts should still be character specific.
    The four Pandaren Phoenix are also not account-wide. The guild-purchased mounts (dark phoenix, scorpion, lion) seem to be going back and forth between various beta patches. Very wishy washy!

Flight Training
    Before you can fly in Pandaria you must learn Wisdom of the Four Winds after reaching level 90. This costs 2,500g and is taught by Cloudrunner Leng (Alliance) or Skydancer Shun (Horde). They are located by the flight path in your faction's capital city in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
    Last edited by Oratory; 2012-08-31 at 11:29 PM.

Deleted
    so many mounts to get.
    I'm in love with MoP.

That's a very good guide!

Great job...

One thing I do not get is Surprise Attack! & Reins of the Onyx Cloud Serpent! Is that any kind of a free mount or what?
    Last edited by ~Valen~; 2012-08-12 at 08:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, this has to be the most mounts at launch for any expansion so far. I can't wait to start farming. >.>

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

I'm bookmarking this thread. Thanks for putting this together, it's quite helpful. Also, well organized.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    One thing I do not get is Surprise Attack! & Reins of the Onyx Cloud Serpent! Is that any kind of a free mount or what?
    I'm not entirely sure what is involved for the quest itself or any pre-quests, but yup it's a free mount for completing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, so many new mounts. They will surely bolster my collection.

Great job...

Only thing I know is, that there are dailies to kill mogu and they use them as mounts/pets. So maybe it has something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oratory View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what is involved for the quest itself or any pre-quests, but yup it's a free mount for completing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Only thing I know is, that there are dailies to kill mogu and they use them as mounts/pets. So maybe it has something to do with it.
    Sounds interesting either way!

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy cow! that is a lot of mounts. hope Blizzard adds 125 and 150 or even 200 mount achievements!

So many wonderful mounts... Thank you for the guide! HUG! ^_^

Though I wonder... I think Blizz said they'd make different mounts for the Glory achievements and such... Oh well, maybe they meant different tiers, but still... Lovely guide though so thanks again! =D

Amazing guide. Thank you. Bookmarked it

Very nice job!

I love many mounts to get too bad though that the big most of them is grinding rep that ends quite fast and then you have them all.... Wish they would make many more mounts that are rare drops so it will be fun aiming to go for dungeons for example, don't see any mount dropping from a boss in a dungeon here... Like Zul'Gurub for me is still fun to go for because I still need 2 mounts there.

Great guide, thanks for putting this together!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice!

So many awesome mounts I need.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I better start farming gold...

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I better start farming gold...
    Haha, you and me both. I've got less than half of what will be needed in total.

10+ Year Old Account

Great job...

Need to be exalted with Shado-Pan to get the quest

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Deleted
    Good job with the guide.