Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who has played in every Beta Weekend Event and every stress test?

So far I've not missed a single event. It's been great playing the game and learning how things work. Although I've not done much in the way of PvP yet as most of my experience has been PvE, I like the game. I'm hoping that auto follow is added to the game when it's released so that it's possible to multibox. I read that someone stated ArenaNet allows multiboxing so it would seem to me it should be added.

I've recently learned how to live stream to justin.tv using xsplit and have some recordings of my multiboxing experiences there. Not sure if it's allowed to placed my channel name but it's PreparedGW2. And if you'd like to see my World of Warcraft multiboxing experiences, it's PreparedWoW. For WoW, it's exclusively PvP. And for GW2, it's exclusively PvE so far. I've been multiboxing 7 characters on 7 computers in GW2 for the last two stress tests because I didn't have streaming set up prior to that.

So question is, how many of you have played in all of the BWE's and all stress tests? There have been about 5 stress tests in total now and 3 BWE's. I'm loving the latest stress tests because they were unexpected chances to play the game. The last one went very well, no lag for my characters although one of them seemed to just stop in place and wasn't able to move for about 2 minutes.

It appears that we're going to have more stress tests in the next two weeks before the game release as we've had 3 stress tests within the last 5 days.

Raises hand, I have.

I resolved to not play in any more tests after the final BWE, as I'm saving myself for the headstart access. :P

I have as well and beside the first BWE and 6th stress test I never had technical issues with the game at all.

I did.

There was a LOT to learn about the game, especially since I went in without knowing much details about it. So I'm glad I played as much as I did to be able to go into release without making too much mistakes

I played them all so far including the ones just after the press event before the first BWE.

I wish I had. Didn't prepurchase the game until after the BWE's. Played in the last two stress tests though. The only problems I had were the occasional DC (2), lag during the last half hour or so on Friday, and today's not being long enough. Other than that, the game ran just fine.

I may not have played in every stress test, but I have at least logged in and just gone afk to help with the stress testing. I've put about 40-45 hours into each BWE too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played every one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepared View Post
    So far I've not missed a single event. It's been great playing the game and learning how things work. Although I've not done much in the way of PvP yet as most of my experience has been PvE, I like the game. I'm hoping that auto follow is added to the game when it's released so that it's possible to multibox. I read that someone stated ArenaNet allows multiboxing so it would seem to me it should be added.

I've recently learned how to live stream to justin.tv using xsplit and have some recordings of my multiboxing experiences there. Not sure if it's allowed to placed my channel name but it's PreparedGW2. And if you'd like to see my World of Warcraft multiboxing experiences, it's PreparedWoW. For WoW, it's exclusively PvP. And for GW2, it's exclusively PvE so far. I've been multiboxing 7 characters on 7 computers in GW2 for the last two stress tests because I didn't have streaming set up prior to that.

So question is, how many of you have played in all of the BWE's and all stress tests? There have been about 5 stress tests in total now and 3 BWE's. I'm loving the latest stress tests because they were unexpected chances to play the game. The last one went very well, no lag for my characters although one of them seemed to just stop in place and wasn't able to move for about 2 minutes.

It appears that we're going to have more stress tests in the next two weeks before the game release as we've had 3 stress tests within the last 5 days.
    I have even today's 1 hour stress test

no, I'm not an addict!

hmpf

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

Deleted
    Sadly not, I've only taken part in two stress tests. I really don't want to experience too much of the game before release but I do want to provide feedback and be helpful... so I logged on and ran around a bit on the stress tests and tested with various graphic settings to see if I could get lag, clock cpu/gpu usage etc. but not really play it.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I played everyone, but I could only play about 2 days on BWE2 and a day and a half for the 3rd due to work. I played all the stress tests but one, again due to work.

I'm glad that I did, if for any reason other than helping finding bugs and other erroneous beta issues, but to also try and figure out which professions I want to play first (since we're limited to 5 slots right away and I'drather not buy some for a while).
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

I've been in all of the prepurchase access ones and all the stress tests since BWE1 as well. I'll probably miss any that come up this week though as I've got shifts during the hours they normaly do them this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared View Post
    I'm hoping that auto follow is added to the game when it's released so that it's possible to multibox. I read that someone stated ArenaNet allows multiboxing so it would seem to me it should be added.
    There's a difference between allowing and supporting something. Technically you were allowed to mod GW1's UI if you could manage it. On the other hand AN put in no API access to make it easy and had the policy of "If you break your client fix it yourself". The fact that they have no intention to outright ban multiboxing does not mean they have any intention of making it easier to do so, it just means they dont care if you do it.

Who is John Galt?

I have, and so far the only time i've experienced some serious issues (continous dc) was during today's 1Hr test.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    People playing games for fun, the BASTARDS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow_eyeS View Post
    I have, and so far the only time i've experienced some serious issues (continous dc) was during today's 1Hr test.
    That's weird, for me today was extremely smooth, and was already smooth before.

Might be your ISP

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played in every event as well and all were pretty smooth for me. /shrug

But for today's stress test I only managed to play for 20-25 minutes in sPvP.

I haven't been able to participate in all of them due to work and life.

And congrats to all the people who have been able to...I guess? Must not have a job, family, or really anything else to worry about other than playing video games I guess....

Don't need the condescension. -- Fencers
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-13 at 02:58 AM.

I missed the first Beta Weekend, and a stress test. :/

I've played in everything, though the most recently stress tests I've only logged in and walked around a little bit. It's kinda rough trying to do anything when you know it's all for... well... nothing... especially when playing for real is so close!

Raises hand and adds Stress Test before BWE1 (despite not being invited - acc let me in anyway :P).
    Untill last 2 Stress tests I was mainly doing PvE and WvW, but now picked up sPvP and got sucked into it big time.