Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtinction View Post
    Remember your first reaction to wow..?

Playing a new good game is of course going to be fun in the first hours of gameplay... Come back and say it's an amazing game after ten years (if it'll even be around for that long) as that is how long WoW has been around for.

I doubt even Blizzard will be able to make a better game once WoW has reached its end.
    Skelington has hated a lot of games he's played in the first few hours. Having played GW2 beta and WoW for many years, WoW has been nowhere near as fun as GW2. Thinking back on it now, WoW was never that good of a game.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-08-13 at 12:43 AM.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow is not fun, it's conditioning. There's a difference.

Dynamic events are so much better than traditional questing that I'm actually surprised Bliz didn't make them the focus of MoP. While most of the things anet has added aren't exactly new, the implementation truly is revolutionary in online gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Skelington has hated a lot of games he's played in the first few hours. Having played GW2 beta and WoW for many years, WoW has been nowhere near as fun as GW2. Thinking back on it now, WoW was never that good of a game.
    Man, if you played wow for years and never really found it fun I feel sad for you :/ Dont waste time on games you dont enjoy:P

Just face it already.. wow is a good game now and it was good when it came out. Just because you are bored of it dont mean it's bad for everyone.

For gw2.. Havent played it yet, but will do so when it comes out! I also play wow and other mmos & games, so I got alot to do I guess:P
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    But, WoW isn't even an amazing game anymore. It's not even mediocre, or decent, it's just bad.
    No, it isn't. It's still good. See how opinions work?

Quote Originally Posted by Xtinction View Post
    Remember your first reaction to wow..?

Playing a new good game is of course going to be fun in the first hours of gameplay... Come back and say it's an amazing game after ten years (if it'll even be around for that long) as that is how long WoW has been around for.

I doubt even Blizzard will be able to make a better game once WoW has reached its end.
    True. WoW brought a new breath of life to MMOs when it was released because it brought new things that made it appealing (questing all the way to max level instead of having to grind, PvE instances only for you and your party instead of sharing it with other people, etc). Guild Wars 2 is now doing the same with its dynamic event system and completely eschewing the quest log, experience gains for every activity, sidekicking/mentoring system without any intervention from your part, etc. In my opinion, GW2 is taking the next step in MMO design and it feels as new as WoW did when it came out. How will it fare 10 years from now? Who knows, and frankly who cares? It's fun now, it's new now, and unless ANet messes up really badly, it can sustain itself for at least 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    No, it isn't. It's still good. See how opinions work?
    Which is why I said it's my opinion in my post.

Deleted
    Am I the only one who really doesn't like the leveling in this game? Like, meh.

You do those Public Quests Warhammer style and ... they aren't enough. I found myself several times being at least 3 levels below the one recommended for my personal story or the next PQ. The only option? Run around aimlessly, hoping for some NPC to tell you about an event you already did 4 times to complete it again to hopefully gain a level.

Just glad I can insta-pop 80 and PvP right away. :|

Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderNerò87 View Post
    Man, if you played wow for years and never really found it fun I feel sad for you :/ Dont waste time on games you dont enjoy:P

Just face it already.. wow is a good game now and it was good when it came out. Just because you are bored of it dont mean it's bad for everyone.

For gw2.. Havent played it yet, but will do so when it comes out! I also play wow and other mmos & games, so I got alot to do I guess:P
    Well, it is an opinion. The game was addicting, but looking back on it now, it's pretty subpar. Everything felt like a chore, especially from WOTLK onwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that you only played for an hour. I loved Age of Conan when it came out. The first hours were amazing, it was the rest that didn't hold up.

One hour means very, very little in the grand scheme of things. I also played in the beta some months ago and was not impressed. I had a full weekend of play and spent maybe a day on it, after that I was bored. I will still buy it and give it another go, but I didn't get that "amazing" feeling at all.
    Last edited by Kheirn; 2012-08-13 at 12:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Which is why I said it's my opinion in my post.
    Ah, when I quoted your post the second part wasn't present. Maybe I should edit my post now to remove the reference, but I think it'll be weird to follow the thread then. :P Might as well leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Ah, when I quoted your post the second part wasn't present. Maybe I should edit my post now to remove the reference, but I think it'll be weird to follow the thread then. :P Might as well leave it.
    Yeah, I figured that happened, I forgot to throw in the opinion line.

I... want... to... play... NOW.

August 25th... so close yet so far.
    Waste not, want not.

I give this game 2 months tops before people quit.

Please post productively. Doomsayers aren't welcome on these boards. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-08-13 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    Well.. there isn't a sub fee so... even if you do quit it's so easy to go back without commitment.

Gw2 is to me right now what was wow back in 2005, the feeling of playing a new, innovative (well wow wasnt innovative but that was my first mmo of this type so...) and incredible game.

I'll probably be bored at one point too. Probably sooner than wow even, but thats not because wow would be better; WoW just plays the addictive-card and "can't get anything unless you play 4hours"-card very well :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait to get my hands on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskadosk View Post
    The problem is that you only played for an hour. I loved Age of Conan when it came out. The first hours were amazing, it was the rest that didn't hold up.

One hour means very, very little in the grand scheme of things. I also played in the beta some months ago and was not impressed. I had a full weekend of play and spent maybe a day on it, after that I was bored. I will still buy it and give it another go, but I didn't get that "amazing" feeling at all.
    I also played the first hour of Age of Conan and realized after that hour that I was going to be going back to wow, Age of Conan was a horrible experience right away.

GW2 was an awesome experience, and let me remind you that my first hour didn't even scratch the surface of this game. It was a rushed experience because I had a limited amount of time to try and explore and get into some combat.

But I did walk away from that first hour of being amazed...and this is only the beginning area! Do you understand that the game will only get better and better as the difficulty increases? The dungeons, the storyline etc..I mean like I said in my original post, I am blown out of the water by this game.

As far as someone in here saying about being confused in combat with the auto attacking. Someone might be able to a for sure answer, but there might be an option to turn on enemy names or health bars to always show. This might help eliminate some confusion.

The first DE i played i was just amazed at the amount of enemies everyone was fighting, it was really quite fun. Sometimes you may just need to take a step back an access what is going on.

Again coming from a person who has played WoW since Vanilla (off and on) and I actually did find some aspects of the game to be fun, this game has something magical going on with it.

Threa from Thrall?

OT: Yes, GW2 is amazing, even though the animations, and emotes are a tad awkward.

Please post productively. Doomsayers aren't welcome on these boards. Infracted. -Edge
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but what brings you to this forum?

and my magic 8 ball says that 2 months after that those people will be out of content in MOP and be back for something to do because there is no sub fee. History of recent MMO launch history gives a hint of truth to your statement, wow's patch/expansion history lends some to mine. speculation on the success of any game that hasn't launched yet is at best a crapshoot colored by your own perceptions and bias. The game is good on its own merits. Beyond that I really couldnt care less if it topples wow or it does not. Actually that's not true I don't want GW2 to topple wow, killing wow wont do anything good for MMO's it will just take away from it. Competition is the best thing that could happen for any game if this type because it drives the dev's to work harder to attract players. I'd rather have 2, 5, even 10+ strong MMO's out there as they would all be better games in the long run than a single monolithic giant.

Who is John Galt?