Question regarding heroic raid ID

Hi guys, i have a question

So my raid group killed heroic spine this week. The day when we tried to kill heroic madness our shaman dc-ed. So we had no lust/hero. I killed heroic spine on my priest, but I had to jump onto my shaman alt for the madness attempts for hero/lust. My shaman gets saved to 7/8 heroic. Our raiding time runs out, and we decided to kill it next week. So the raid lockout is left at 7/8 heroic.

Now, i find out next week might be a flaky week for our roster, so we might not kill heroic spine next week due to pugging. So i decided to extend the lockout for 7/8 hardmode on my shaman only. So that we have a choice of either jump into h.madness, or do an achievement run with less hardmodes on my priest.

The problem is, my shaman never killed heroic spine. And in order to get into h.madness kill, you need heroic spine. So i'm wondering, if my shaman forms a raid group with a bunch of unsaved guildies who have done heroic spine, can we activate heroic madness? Because at the moment if i just take any toon and form a raid group, I cannot enter the shaman's lockout because I have not killed heroic spine on her.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Technically the lockout your shaman is saved to is a 7/8H lockout, so your shaman needn't have killed Heroic Spine, because the lockout is already registered as having a Heroic Spine kill.

You should be able to extend the lockout on your shaman and enter a 7/8H cleared instance and kill H Madness.

I might be wrong though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    Technically the lockout your shaman is saved to is a 7/8H lockout, so your shaman needn't have killed Heroic Spine, because the lockout is already registered as having a Heroic Spine kill.

You should be able to extend the lockout on your shaman and enter a 7/8H cleared instance and kill H Madness.

I might be wrong though.
    That's what I would think as well. I've never been in this situation, so I can't say for sure, but I don't think that the Shaman's kills should matter, all the game knows is what the lock-out is, which would be 7/8H.