Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Yeah Drake is correct on that. Everything will be a conquest map but the secondary objectives will always be different for each map. I can imagine in one of them that it could be a CTF type secondary objective.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by fletchdwb View Post
    1. At least 10v10. Anything less is too small and is more arena than it is BG. A BG should feel more like a battle than a larger duel.
    8v8 is fairly close and is a decent number of players for the map size. If you put too many players in a small map it just becomes a rat ball with no real stratagy, just AOE till they fall over. Theres a reason WSG was created 10v10 and not 40v40. That said when they get around to implementing the custom server option it will probably be possible to host BG's with larger player limits on them if you wish.

    2. I want a small map. I dont want to run a long ways. I dont want to have to sit there for 3-5 minutes before even seeing the enemy.
    Not sure why your complaining here. I didnt find any of the maps all that large. If I went a minute without seeing an enemy player I was either guarding a node nobody wanted to attack or all the foes were runing in the same directon around the map as I was looking for a fight and we just missed each other.

    3. I do not want to see an NPC anywhere, ever, at any time, other than the graveyard rezzer.
    4. I want a clear, concise, simple objective. I do not want a bunch of guess work when i look at a map. I want to be able to look and instantly know what needs to be done. When I look at a map I want it to display like AB, WSG or Black Garden. I do not want to see is an NPC alive. Does a vehicle need repaired. Does a vehicle need to be destroyed? Im not interested in that crap. Could care less about it.
    All I gota say is "Tough". Maps have secondary objectives. You are welcome to ignore them if you wish. BoK has no NPC's if you are that hard up for it. You are not forced to use the catapult. It can help if you have someone that knows how to use it but just playing with an extra roamer can be a successful strategy as well. For the other maps the NPC's are bonus, you can get buffs or extra points for going for them but you can also focus on holding the capture points and win as well. I really cant understand how you'd think the maps have alot of guesswork involved in deciphering them either. You've got 3 points, those are your clear objectives. Knowing about the status of the secondary objectives does not make those 3 points any harder to interpret. There are not that many secondary objectives per map and they are very uncluttered.

    Now like I said, I can deal with the BGs they have now as its something different and thats cool. But you have GOT to have at least 2 or 3 standard, simple, get down to business of pvp quickly type BGs and right now this game appears to greatly lack there.I hate when bgs turn into a race to the end (AV or IoC) or vehicle crap like SOTA(worst BG ever). I have got to have something to get my instant pvp capture the flag or hold the flag type of fix in.
    Well you are in luck on one part, GW2 at this time has no equivalent of AV IoC or SOTA so nothing to hate for you there. Yes theres no capture the flag for launch but its entierly possible that may be added as a game mode post launch. As to the rest I really cant see where you are comeing from. All the maps avalible are simple in their objectives. The only way to make a simpler map is to make one thats little more than team death match, aka Arena which you claim to hate. you can go in and get your fight on almost instantly unless you join an empty server for some reason.

    To be honest your entier post seams to be ranting on what you hate about some of WoW's BG's when most of the negitive points you cite either do not apply at all to GW2 or are contradictory with your other statements.

    Who is John Galt?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by fletchdwb View Post
    Bzzt wrong again. What I am asking for is a car with a color other than orange or lime green. This is a MMORPG that is fantasy based. There is NOTHING wrong with adding a couple bgs like I suggested. If you dont care for them then thats your right but stop pissing all over my thread because you cannot wrap your mind around any criticism of the game whatsoever. You are as bad as the Blizzard fanbois.

    Btw, if they wanted to break the mold and not be traditional than they wouldnt have classes and races and skills that have been used over the past 40 years.

    Then wtf would be the point of calling it Guild Wars 2? You take the classes, races and skills out of this game you might as well take the story and lore out too.

    And nobody here has to be a GW2 fanboy to see that your entire post wreaks of entitlement.
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-08-13 at 12:46 AM.

  4. #24
    Mechagnome Wargon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere inbetween Arizona and Azeroth.
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Obviously you can't, and the rest of your post makes that clear.

    If you want to play WSG, go play WSG. There is nothing stopping you from keeping your wow subscription going if you want to play capture the flag type battlegrounds. And honestly there is nothing wrong with getting something different from a few games vs expecting one game to deliver it all.
    This is Guild Wars 2.. lets not turn it into wow remake #547.
    Nobody said turn all GW pvp into wow pvp, he/she said to also include some other stuff aswell, that only opens up their PVP to be enjoyable to more people, which will only help the game in the end.
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

  5. #25
    I don't see anything wrong with them adding bigger BGs in the future. There's no need to claim 'BUT THEN IT'D JUST BE COPYING WOW", that's stupid.

    It would just need to be implemented differently, for instance a CTF map would have to be smaller than WSG, and would be cool if there where jumping paths to take in order to add some strategy.

    A payload map would work very well with GW2 because of the lack of dedicated healers.

    and of course a king of the hill/capture point game always works.

    So it could be very fun and work, there's nothing wrong with larger numbers, and it doesn't go against any of anets design principles.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargon View Post
    Nobody said turn all GW pvp into wow pvp, he/she said to also include some other stuff aswell, that only opens up their PVP to be enjoyable to more people, which will only help the game in the end.
    Thank you! Glad to see someone around here has some common sense unlike the fanbois who foam at the mouth if anyone isnt 100% satisfied with the game.

    Please refrain from insulting other posters. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-08-13 at 01:43 AM.

  7. #27
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by fletchdwb View Post
    Thank you! Glad to see someone around here has some common sense unlike the fanbois who foam at the mouth if anyone isnt 100% satisfied with the game.
    then why'd you bother posting here if you knew that "fanbois" would "foam at the mouth"

    we do take constructive criticism

    but posting stuff that jsut plain wont mesh, well yea expect to get bitched at
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  8. #28
    Here's a thought.

    Why don't we let the game release and take it from there? WoW(vanilla) for example only released with WSG and AV. Then AB was introduced in 1.7(5 months later). EOTS wasn't released until BC. SoTA wasn't released until Wrath..

    The game isn't even live yet, I think we can expect some updates down the road.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    then why'd you bother posting here if you knew that "fanbois" would "foam at the mouth"

    we do take constructive criticism

    but posting stuff that jsut plain wont mesh, well yea expect to get bitched at


    I posted here because I am excited about the game and very interested. I was raising a problem I have with the game. If you dont like what I have to say fine but all you are doing is crapping all over the thread

    What you guys dont realize is that all you are doing is reflecting poor on the playerbase and taking people who are interested in the game and turning them off because you are being petty. You know what? I cant stand pve. But if you start a thread about how you want a different type of dungeon added, I sure as hell and not going to go into your thread and start crapping all over it like a childish 14yo girls trying to piss someone off that isnt in their clique. Why? Because you are entitled to make a post telling the devs what YOU dont like about a feature of the game. Just like I am

  10. #30
    Your prolly going to get 1 more map at launch. The one with like a pirate ship. And maybe another map another month or 2 in. As for match size maybe they will let more players in but tbh the maps are rather small. 8v8 is crowded enough as it is.

  11. #31
    Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by fletchdwb View Post
    I posted here because I am excited about the game and very interested. I was raising a problem I have with the game. If you dont like what I have to say fine but all you are doing is crapping all over the thread

    What you guys dont realize is that all you are doing is reflecting poor on the playerbase and taking people who are interested in the game and turning them off because you are being petty. You know what? I cant stand pve. But if you start a thread about how you want a different type of dungeon added, I sure as hell and not going to go into your thread and start crapping all over it like a childish 14yo girls trying to piss someone off that isnt in their clique. Why? Because you are entitled to make a post telling the devs what YOU dont like about a feature of the game. Just like I am
    The devs aren't here, you are speaking directly to the guild wars 2 community while you're in this forum. You're going to hear our opinions on the subject as well voicing your own.

  12. #32
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by fletchdwb View Post
    entitled ... Just like I am
    ah, well then. sums up your OP pretty nicely then

    if you're entitled to post what you like to have added. and its something that is just plain silly, then we're entitled to tell you how wrong you are

    or is that "not fair"?
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  13. #33
    I don't understand why the op is getting flamed more game types and maps are better for gw2. I wish wow would add more game times, I don't understand the hate of warsong type battleground, just seems like it's more content maybe keep it at 8v8 but more content is more content.
    You're right except for 2 things.

    1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    ah, well then. sums up your OP pretty nicely then

    if you're entitled to post what you like to have added. and its something that is just plain silly, then we're entitled to tell you how wrong you are

    or is that "not fair"?

    All you are doing is trolling. You are a troll.

    Infracted.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-08-13 at 01:16 AM.

  15. #35
    Honestly, I'd rather not see ctf implemented, simple because of the cc balance issues that game type creates. Soon as someone gets immobilized running the flag there is some huge qq and players demend they all have pvp trinkets like in wow, and the slippery slope starts. With conquest style games the balance is much more loosely controlled . . . locking me in place on the flag isn't going to lose the game, for instance.
    Lookin for more comic/tv/game discussion? Check out nerdunderground.

  16. #36
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by fletchdwb View Post
    All you are doing is trolling. You are a troll.
    just because someone disagrees with you doesnt make them a troll
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    I don't understand why the op is getting flamed more game types and maps are better for gw2. I wish wow would add more game times, I don't understand the hate of warsong type battleground, just seems like it's more content maybe keep it at 8v8 but more content is more content.

    Because they are trolls who get offended when someone suggests that Arenanet might have overlooked something. I saw the same type of fanaticism in WoW and EQ. You cannot rationalize with them. Its people like that who allow dictators to rise to power. Mindless sheep incapable of acknowledging flaws in their master plan.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 01:15 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    just because someone disagrees with you doesnt make them a troll
    No, you guys are trolls. Other posters are even commenting on it.

  18. #38
    it is sounding like you are having a bash at gw2 for 'being gw2'. if these features are what you are really looking for, gw2 might not be for you.

    "when i queue up for bg I WANT... *which gw dont have*"

    there are a lot of gw2 videos and reviews even streaming discussions out there to reduce the gap between expectations and what is going to be there at launch. if you dont know what is going to be in the game yet and WHY they are not going with massive 10v10 pvp then you need to do more research. all the information is out there.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    shit, you mean like mesmers and engineers?
    lol you think those are unique to rpgs? ROFL

  20. #40
    One warning. Stop calling people trolls, stop attacking the OP for voicing his opinion, and stop calling people fanboys.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •