Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Smile! Migari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    u ma xoxo L O V E
    Posts
    5,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehl View Post
    Well, I still hate the song and everybody who likes it..
    You hate people for liking something you don't like? That's pretty harsh

    Easy go easy go easy go easy go easy go easy go easy go boy

  2. #142
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Siltah View Post
    I actually like Gangnam Style in that it's an actual thought out song instead of a piece of crap. PSY wrote it as a satire of the expectations have of Gangnam, South Korea (in the way that people expect places like NYC and LA to be glamorous). It may not be from my preferred genre of music, but I do enjoy PSY's wit and method of poking fun at people.
    Psy is also a class act of a musician. Very appreciative of his very sudden explosion of success and seems very humble.

    As for the video, I'm very glad something took over at the #1 spot over Bieber. Just looks and sounds like a carefree song, even before you start looking up the translation to the song.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    So a shitty horrible sounding video replaced another shitty horrible sounding video?
    You're saying 'Gangnam Style' is shitty just because you can't understand a single word sung, right? In that context, all of the US songs are 'shitty' to everyone that doesn't fluently speaks english and can't understand the lyrics.

    Before branding a foreign song as 'shitty' because it's famous and upbeat, take some time to find the translations of the lyrics. 'Gangnam Style', as said previously, is a satire song against a region of South Korea, unlike someone else's music who is just says 'Baby' over and over again during most of its song.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
    It's scary that bieber has 800 million fans since his fans would be the only ones who would watch his videos, now gangnam style is that video that everyone linked to everyone they know so they could all laugh at the funny asians together which doesn't make it as scary as knowing there are 800 million bieber lovers out there.
    So you think all the little girls watched Bieber's video only once? Man, they spam that shit 24/7, I bet they just click and close so he would top it. People are like that, more so if they're 12 years old.

    And Gangam style is awesome! Always puts a smile on my face, now that's what I call real entertainment! Because I'm entertained!

    Oh and I love the song! More than 99% of other pop songs that are on the radio. Also I'm tired of all the american pop artists.
    Last edited by Endre; 2012-11-24 at 07:17 PM.

  5. #145
    Epic! Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Enchanted Forest near the city of Keldor
    Posts
    1,733
    truly speechless, one awful song over another. Its like choosing how to die, lethal injection or gunshot to the head :P

    Personal taste if I must say, this K pop stuff has a large following that I wont want to mess with. but then again so does Beiber. Personally I cant complain because I dont listen to whats popular I would rather listen to what is isnt
    Last edited by Orby; 2012-11-24 at 07:20 PM.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Clever Trev View Post
    ye fair point i just think that its funny how many ppl like skrillex and think he invented dubstep whereas rly he is to dubstep what bieber is to umm RnB? is that what bieber is? haha anyway just for the humour of the dance alone gangnam deserves to be above bieber
    Skrillex is just overrated and a lot of people only know dubstep because of him, and then proceed to say that all dubstep is shitty, because they all think that the only dubstep on Earth is produced by him, it's pretty weird to think like that. :b
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehl View Post
    Well, I still hate the song and everybody who likes it..
    You hate me?

  7. #147
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Watching lots of anime while waiting for Warlords of Draenor.
    Posts
    1,823
    Congratz Psy!

  8. #148
    Scarab Lord Trollskalden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I mörkaste Småland
    Posts
    4,107
    I expected more people to like Gangnam style here, while I'm more of a funky music kind-of-guy and usually hate everything that's from the 2000s I think Gangnam Style is one of the few good songs of these last 14 years, it's not on my playlist, but I can listen to it and dig to it somewhat.

  9. #149
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You're saying 'Gangnam Style' is shitty just because you can't understand a single word sung, right? In that context, all of the US songs are 'shitty' to everyone that doesn't fluently speaks english and can't understand the lyrics.

    Before branding a foreign song as 'shitty' because it's famous and upbeat, take some time to find the translations of the lyrics. 'Gangnam Style', as said previously, is a satire song against a region of South Korea, unlike someone else's music who is just says 'Baby' over and over again during most of its song.
    One, im not American.

    Two, I never said it was because I don't speak korean. Justin Bieber sings in English and I think he sucks too.

    The annoying repetitive lyrics (even though I don't know what they mean, neither does up to 700 million people who have heard the song on youtube alone.) and the genre, which nobody liked up; until singing a song in a foreign language, that most of these people didn't even know existed, suddenly became cool.

  10. #150
    Herald of the Titans Varyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,684
    The fact that people actually consider "Gangnam Style" an actual attempt to make "good" music is ridiculous to me. It obviously wasn't meant to please music snobs. It was meant to be goofy, catchy, and entertaining, which it accomplished.


    It's like when that girl (who shall not be mentioned) made that Friday video people actually thought she was a "real" artist, which far exceeds the stupidity of the actual song.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2012-11-24 at 07:48 PM.

  11. #151
    Epic! Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Enchanted Forest near the city of Keldor
    Posts
    1,733


    I'll just leave this here

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    The annoying repetitive lyrics (even though I don't know what they mean
    http://www.kpoplyrics.net/psy-gangna...romanized.html
    Learn the concept.

  13. #153
    Huh, the most watched video on the YouTubes and I've never heard of it before today. I must be getting old...

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The shocking thing is that both have so much popularity... It indicates how much decline on quality there is nowadays.
    The lesser the intellectual foundation, the dumber the music that succeeds.....

    Btw. It's spelled Bieber..
    Dumb music to YOU! It's just what one likes... stop being that type of people!
    Beauty > Personality

  15. #155
    The Insane Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    18,042
    I didn't care for either of them Gangam style is...more annoying then bieber. Then again I don't go rant about hating Bieber and how people want him dead which is really just pathetic that people are so bloodthirsty.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  16. #156
    Titan peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in England.
    Posts
    13,803
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Huh, the most watched video on the YouTubes and I've never heard of it before today. I must be getting old...

    have you been living under a rock the last few months? :\ its been nearly impossible to avoid this song
    Signature pending

  17. #157
    Bloodsail Admiral Giants41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York, United States of America
    Posts
    1,062
    They both suck... Baby is worse by far but Gangnam style isn't much better.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

  18. #158
    Pandaren Monk Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    A song doesn't just get 805million views because its a good song. Its because it spreads like aids with they way people think they're hilarious by playing it 24/7 where ever they possible can. Its overplayed and annoying as fuck. "OMG LUV DIS SONG OMG IM GONNA DIE ITS SO GUD LOLOLOL!!11!" x1000000 is what made this song popular.
    Okay, we get it. You don't like the song. I believe you have made your point very clear. Just remember, different strokes for different folks.


    Fully Retired | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Siltah View Post
    I actually like Gangnam Style in that it's an actual thought out song instead of a piece of crap. PSY wrote it as a satire of the expectations have of Gangnam, South Korea (in the way that people expect places like NYC and LA to be glamorous). It may not be from my preferred genre of music, but I do enjoy PSY's wit and method of poking fun at people.
    You're giving so much shit to a 15 year old kid. Did you have deep-thought out songs when you were 15? Jesus, the haters nowadays stop at absolutely nothing. If you don't like the music, that's fine. But why do you gotta go out of your way to talk so much shit about a kid haha.

  20. #160
    I don't think Gangnam style is actually "bad" music like Bieber's shitty baby song was. I'm glad it dethroned in. I just LOL how biebers video has so many dislike votes. <3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •