Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    Gotta admit, I'm kinda glad it dethroned Beiber.
    Beat me too it.

(Off Topic: *waves at fellow suikoden fan*)
    My name is Earthsong, and I like to collect pets,
    http://warcraftpets.com/account/prof...user=earthsong

I also like to explore

It's scary that bieber has 800 million fans since his fans would be the only ones who would watch his videos, now gangnam style is that video that everyone linked to everyone they know so they could all laugh at the funny asians together which doesn't make it as scary as knowing there are 800 million bieber lovers out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gangnam Style is a humorous music video.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like Gangnam Style in that it's an actual thought out song instead of a piece of crap. PSY wrote it as a satire of the expectations have of Gangnam, South Korea (in the way that people expect places like NYC and LA to be glamorous). It may not be from my preferred genre of music, but I do enjoy PSY's wit and method of poking fun at people.
    There has been an awakening... Have you felt it?

Once something gets popular it starts to get hated it seems, At least Gangnam style is a good video and it is on a site for sharing video material , thus I don't think the quality of the music matters as long as the video its self is enjoyable. Also Psy really has passion for what he does, unlike alot of "Artist". His live performance's really show that

Gangnam Style is good because it IS supposed to be a satire, and not that good of a song. If you really think that's supposed to be a serious song, my faith in you is pretty much gone.

It protests a suburb in South Korea. It may be from a genre that not everyone likes, sure, but to dismiss it as the same kind of music as Bieber...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why there's so much hate for this song but I'm glad Psy kicked Bieber's ass off the "most watched video" throne. Even after so many plays and so many times listening to this song I still like it. And the dance is awesome too, it's tempting to learn how to do that dance sometimes to be honest.

And how can you not like those Korean girls?? They are just.... O.O omfg.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-11-24 at 06:53 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Well, I still hate the song and everybody who likes it..

Quote Originally Posted by Siltah View Post
    I actually like Gangnam Style in that it's an actual thought out song instead of a piece of crap. PSY wrote it as a satire of the expectations have of Gangnam, South Korea (in the way that people expect places like NYC and LA to be glamorous). It may not be from my preferred genre of music, but I do enjoy PSY's wit and method of poking fun at people.
    Psy is also a class act of a musician. Very appreciative of his very sudden explosion of success and seems very humble.

As for the video, I'm very glad something took over at the #1 spot over Bieber. Just looks and sounds like a carefree song, even before you start looking up the translation to the song.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    So a shitty horrible sounding video replaced another shitty horrible sounding video?
    You're saying 'Gangnam Style' is shitty just because you can't understand a single word sung, right? In that context, all of the US songs are 'shitty' to everyone that doesn't fluently speaks english and can't understand the lyrics.

Before branding a foreign song as 'shitty' because it's famous and upbeat, take some time to find the translations of the lyrics. 'Gangnam Style', as said previously, is a satire song against a region of South Korea, unlike someone else's music who is just says 'Baby' over and over again during most of its song.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
    It's scary that bieber has 800 million fans since his fans would be the only ones who would watch his videos, now gangnam style is that video that everyone linked to everyone they know so they could all laugh at the funny asians together which doesn't make it as scary as knowing there are 800 million bieber lovers out there.
    So you think all the little girls watched Bieber's video only once? Man, they spam that shit 24/7, I bet they just click and close so he would top it. People are like that, more so if they're 12 years old.

And Gangam style is awesome! Always puts a smile on my face, now that's what I call real entertainment! Because I'm entertained!

Oh and I love the song! More than 99% of other pop songs that are on the radio. Also I'm tired of all the american pop artists.
    Last edited by mmoc56c829a066; 2012-11-24 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    truly speechless, one awful song over another. Its like choosing how to die, lethal injection or gunshot to the head :P

Personal taste if I must say, this K pop stuff has a large following that I wont want to mess with. but then again so does Beiber. Personally I cant complain because I dont listen to whats popular I would rather listen to what is isnt
    Last edited by Orby; 2012-11-24 at 07:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clever Trev View Post
    ye fair point i just think that its funny how many ppl like skrillex and think he invented dubstep whereas rly he is to dubstep what bieber is to umm RnB? is that what bieber is? haha anyway just for the humour of the dance alone gangnam deserves to be above bieber
    Skrillex is just overrated and a lot of people only know dubstep because of him, and then proceed to say that all dubstep is shitty, because they all think that the only dubstep on Earth is produced by him, it's pretty weird to think like that. :b
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehl View Post
    Well, I still hate the song and everybody who likes it..
    You hate me?

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Congratz Psy!

Deleted
    I expected more people to like Gangnam style here, while I'm more of a funky music kind-of-guy and usually hate everything that's from the 2000s I think Gangnam Style is one of the few good songs of these last 14 years, it's not on my playlist, but I can listen to it and dig to it somewhat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You're saying 'Gangnam Style' is shitty just because you can't understand a single word sung, right? In that context, all of the US songs are 'shitty' to everyone that doesn't fluently speaks english and can't understand the lyrics.

Before branding a foreign song as 'shitty' because it's famous and upbeat, take some time to find the translations of the lyrics. 'Gangnam Style', as said previously, is a satire song against a region of South Korea, unlike someone else's music who is just says 'Baby' over and over again during most of its song.
    One, im not American.

Two, I never said it was because I don't speak korean. Justin Bieber sings in English and I think he sucks too.

The annoying repetitive lyrics (even though I don't know what they mean, neither does up to 700 million people who have heard the song on youtube alone.) and the genre, which nobody liked up; until singing a song in a foreign language, that most of these people didn't even know existed, suddenly became cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that people actually consider "Gangnam Style" an actual attempt to make "good" music is ridiculous to me. It obviously wasn't meant to please music snobs. It was meant to be goofy, catchy, and entertaining, which it accomplished.

It's like when that girl (who shall not be mentioned) made that Friday video people actually thought she was a "real" artist, which far exceeds the stupidity of the actual song.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2012-11-24 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I'll just leave this here

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    The annoying repetitive lyrics (even though I don't know what they mean
    http://www.kpoplyrics.net/psy-gangna...romanized.html
    Learn the concept.

Huh, the most watched video on the YouTubes and I've never heard of it before today. I must be getting old...