Deleted

New computer build

Hello, my brother gonna buy for us new PC and I made a build, but I would like to know what do you think about it.
    I'm from Latvia(Eastern Europe) and I used Latvian page to build one. It's price is around 1450 usd.
    Maybe there are parts what I could change and that would work better?
    http://www.dateks.lv/grozs.php?conte...DUbmFsgipYWwsA Here's build ignore Latvian langauge, you can click on name of something and read full specs in English.
    Thanks

Edit: Can this be moved to Computer Build / Upgrade Help forum please?
    Last edited by mmoc25e047bb40; 2012-08-13 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Wrong forum

One second I'll take a look.

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 03:35 AM ----------

Ok honestly you can get those parts a lot cheaper. Just search each part sepretley. I find the cheapest parts come from newegg or amazon. The intel ssd is not needed and unless you are going to overclock your processor, you will not need cooler master hyper cooling.

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 03:37 AM ----------

The chassis/tower you are getting has great airflow and can easily handle the processor by itself.

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 03:37 AM ----------

Hope this helps.

That PSU is a bit on the expensive side and you really don't need that much power. The price of the 7870 seems a bit on the high side.
    Do you really need the i7 or are you just going to be gaming? I would recommend that you spend a bit more money on the case to get a higher quality one.
    I would also suggest that you pick a Crucial m4 or Samsung 830 as your SSD but for some reason they are a lot more expensive.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you use that PC for heavy duty video/picture editing on a regular basis, drop down the cpu to a i5 3570k.

The psu is way oversized. A 650W psu would be plenty even if you upgrade to crossfire later. Just make sure you stick with a decent brand.

With the money saved, you could upgrade the case and use a full-sized motherboard. The Asrock Z77 pro4 is just fine. My recommendations for a nice case would be Corsair (600t,500r,400r) or Fractal Arc Midi.
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.3 GHz | Asus P8P67 Deluxe | Corsair XMS3 PC-12800 8gb | MSI Radeon R7850 Twin Frozr III x2 Crossfire | Crucial M4 128gb | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500gb | BeQuiet! Straight Power E9 580W modular | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 evo | Fractal Design Arc Midi

Deleted
    This PC is going to be for gaming, but it's for like next 5-6 years, so we're kinda going for best we can afford right now. Does amazon and newegg do shipping to europe? (Or amazon co.uk outside of UK?)

I would stick with the processor you have in the basket imho, but you can def drop your PSU as nocturnal & nips said. Just go and try to get those parts as cheap as possible. As of right now that site you are buying from is way overpriced.

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 03:48 AM ----------

Just looked it up....amazon ships to europe but not newegg :/

Quote Originally Posted by zopa34 View Post
    This PC is going to be for gaming, but it's for like next 5-6 years, so we're kinda going for best we can afford right now. Does amazon and newegg do shipping to europe? (Or amazon co.uk outside of UK?)
    http://www2.hardwareversand.de/home.jsp ships in all of Europe and they have some really nice prices.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    The i7 gives you no benefits in gaming over the i5! Both processors run at the same clock speeds and have the same overclocking potential. The only difference is that the i5 can handle "only" 4 threads simultaneously, while the i7 has 4 physical + 4 virtual cores. Games commonly use only one main thread (ex. Wow uses one major and two minor threads). It is highly unlikely that the way games are programmed changes towards excessive multithreading support during the lifetime of your pc. The money would be much better spent by upgrading the graphics card (or as I pointed out earlier, case/motherboard) right now or by saving it for future upgrades.
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.3 GHz | Asus P8P67 Deluxe | Corsair XMS3 PC-12800 8gb | MSI Radeon R7850 Twin Frozr III x2 Crossfire | Crucial M4 128gb | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500gb | BeQuiet! Straight Power E9 580W modular | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 evo | Fractal Design Arc Midi

Switch case to something like a Fractal Design R3/Corsair 400R/NZXT Phantom 410. Change the PSU to a Corsair HX650, that's all you need and it's modular, allowing you to only use the cables that you need to, unlike non-modular power supplies where the extra cables will limit airflow in your case. Drop the CPU down to an i5-3570k, reasoning above me. Your RAM is good. The CM Hyper 212 Evo is a great cooler for the money, but you can get a high end one like a Noctua DH-14 and Thermalright Silver Arrow, which provide even better cooling for your CPU if you plan on overclocking. For your graphics card, aim to squeeze a 670 into the budget.

Deleted
    Thank you all for tips. I checked http://www2.hardwareversand.de and now it's

SSD - Samsung SSD 830 128GB SATA 6GB's Paper Box - 101 eur
    CPU - Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155 - 218 eur
    Case - Corsair Carbide Series 400R, ATX, ohne Netzteil - 85 eur
    RAM - 8GB-Kit Kingston HyperX blu PC3-10667U CL9 - 43 eur
    GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC, 2GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort - 402 eur
    HDD - WD Caviar Green 1TB Sata 6Gb/s - 78 eur
    MoBo - Gigabyte Z77-DS3H, Intel Z77, ATX - 98 eur
    PSU - ???(650W)
    Total - 1020 eur + psu

Do I need to change anything on this?

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 01:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Khonorum View Post
    The CM Hyper 212 Evo is a great cooler for the money, but you can get a high end one like a Noctua DH-14 and Thermalright Silver Arrow, which provide even better cooling for your CPU if you plan on overclocking.
    If I don't plan on overclocking do I even need cooler? Or it's better to get that CM Hyper 212 evo than nothing?
    Last edited by mmoc25e047bb40; 2012-08-13 at 06:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without any overclocking you won't need an aftermarket cooler. The stock cooler supplied with the cpu is sufficient. BUT! I would say go with the hyper 212 anyway. It is cheap and makes a decent overclock possible. Overclocking is really easy with the cpu/mobo. As easy as changing two numbers in the bios along with a few settings. It is mostly self-explanatory but if you feel more comfortable with it, there are many guides out there. Unlike the "upgrade" to the i7, overclocking gives you a real benefit, at the cost of having to add an aftermarket cooler. (Increasing clock speeds by something like 33% is easily possible without risking to reduce the cpus lifetime.)

On a sidenote: In your second build, you chose a caviar green drive as a second hdd. I personally like the combination since 120gb ssd space are plenty for all of my programs + games, but others prefer to go with faster hard drives next to the ssd. The green drive is more quiet.

edit:

For the psu I'd go with the Corsair TX650 or, for a little extra, the modular Corsair TX650M.

Other decend brands on hardwareversand.de are

- seasonic
    - antec
    - enermax
    - Be Quiet!
    - XfX
    - Super Flower (golden green series)
    Last edited by Nips; 2012-08-13 at 12:08 PM.