Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chaddd View Post
    So this part I don't quite get. It is a daily quest right? But is it a different quest for each 10 levels you get? So if I grant the levels to my monk, go there at level 80, I can then do the quest 8 times in a row and have a cash of 8 hours of +50% XP? Or are you not trying to do a speed level here and just go back once a day and have an hour each day (over 8 days if you are talking 8 hours) in the stated level ranges.
    They're more like regular quests that turns into a daily quest once completed. Furthermore, I think you can only pick up the highest ONE you have already completed for the daily.

On the beta, when I do the quests on an 85 premade, I can get the 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, and 80 quests in succession after I complete each lower one. Once I complete the 20 one, it becomes available as a daily, but I can only do ONE of them as a daily per day. Lastly, from what I saw on the Beta, I could only bank up 2 hours worth of +50% experience at a time. I'm not sure if it was a UI issue, but the buff only ever went up to 2 hours even after completing all 7 + the daily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesireKT View Post
    I think the part that you don't understand is the XP per Hour and the total required to level doesn't scale consistently as you level up. Meaning you actually do get more benefit in the higher level zones because your XP per Hour is going up to compensate for the higher XP requirement.

IE
    Level A is 3m xp long and you get 1m xp/hour normally. It takes 3 hours normally. If you pop quests it takes 2 hours at 1.5m xp/hour instead
    Level B is 60m xp long and you get 12m xp/hour normally. It takes 5 hours normally. If you pop quests it takes 3 hours 20 minutes at 18m xp/hour instead
    In your situation A you used two buffs and saved one hour. In your situation B you used 3.3333 buffs and saved 1.66667 hours. Each time you use a buff you save thirty minutes - it doesn't matter how long the level takes.

Am I the only one leveling a monk without RaF

Quote Originally Posted by JRule View Post
    Your numbers are correct, but you're looking at them the wrong way. Your scenario that you used proves Freyalise right.

Let's take a closer look at your math -
    Level A = 3 hours normally, using the buff turns the level length into 2 hours. Thus, saving you 1 hour, or 30 minutes PER 1 hour of the buff.
    (1 hour saved/2 buffs used = 30 mins per buff)

Level B = 5 hours normally, using the buff turns the level length into 3 hours and 20 minutes. Thus, saving you 1 hour and 40 minutes, or 30 minutes PER 1 hour of the buff.
    (1 hour 40 minutes saved / 3 hours 20 minutes buffs used = 30 minutes per buff)

So again, it's all relative. Use the buff when you think you'll be doing the quests as fast as you can, and not having downtime.

The math works out always to be 30 minutes per application of the buff. Think of the buff as a 50% time saver instead of a 50% exp increase.
    See: Level C = 12 hours normally, using the buff turns the level length into 8 hours. Thus, saving you 4 hours, or 30 minutes PER 1 hour of the buff.
    (4 hours saved / 8 hours buffs used = 30 minutes per buff)

It takes 40 hours to level from one to 90 would you rather have 50% more exp when you are doing the starting area at 1000xp an hour giving you 1500xp an hour or at the end when you are doing 10million xp an hour giving you 15million xp an hour. What's better a free 500xp or 5million... stop thinking about getting a level as a milestone it means nothing...

Deleted
    It takes 40 hours to level from one to 90 would you rather have 50% more exp when you are doing the starting area at 1000xp an hour giving you 1500xp an hour or at the end when you are doing 10million xp an hour giving you 15million xp an hour. What's better a free 500xp or 5million... stop thinking about getting a level as a milestone it means nothing...
    They are both absolutely identical.

If you are doing starting area at 1000xp/hour then it takes 1hr 30 mins to get 1500 xp. If you use the quest it takes you 1hr to get 1500 xp. So you save 30 mins getting those xp. If you are doing Jade Forest at 10m xp/hour the it takes 1hr 30 mins to get 15m xp. If you use the quest it takes 1hr. So you save 30 mins getting those xp.

If it takes 40 hours from 1 to 90, it takes 39.5 hours if you pop one quest as soon as you can. It also takes 39.5 hours if you pop one quest when you are getting max xp / hour.

Stop thinking of XP as a milestone it means nothing - only thing that matters is TIME SAVED, and that is thirty minutes
    Last edited by mmoccfd028fe4f; 2012-08-13 at 09:53 PM.

Deleted
    For me, there is no advantage to use the buff on this or that level, because in all cases it's a gain of TIME

BUT, doing the quests when they grant experience, instead of after when these are grey can be a serious pro argument.

For me, i will do IT to rush quicker the zones i love the less ( like 1000 needles, northern barrens, twilight hightlands )

You were the one using "level as a milestone," and I was just using your example. I took your exact example and showed you how the experience didn't matter. It's not about experience or level, It's about time. That being said, I'll say it again, it's all relative. 500 or 5 million is just a number, and that number means NOTHING unless you have something to give it meaning.

1 hour of time at level 20 is enough to get you 7 levels. Using the buff that would net you a bonus 3.5 levels.
    1 hour of time at level 80 is enough to get you half of a level. Using the buff would net you a bonus of 1/4 of a level.

Gaining 3.5 levels with 1 hour of buff vs 1/4 of a level might seem like a big difference, but either way it's 30 minutes of game play.

Deleted
    Does the buff duration stacks?

My wife will raf his monk to 80.
    Is it possible to perform the lvl 20 one + daily one and get a 2 hours buff duration? If so, is there any limit of "stacks"?

Thx.

(Sorry for the poor english of a french player)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MvK061084 View Post
    Does the buff duration stacks?

My wife will raf his monk to 80.
    Is it possible to perform the lvl 20 one + daily one and get a 2 hours buff duration? If so, is there any limit of "stacks"?

Thx.

(Sorry for the poor english of a french player)
    As it stands you can do two quests which is 2 hours of the buff so they stack twice, if you do another it is wasted or will just refresh to the full 2 hours so think of it as a cap of 2 hours on the buff, they may change this when it goes live. Also as people have said if you do the quest and the daily before the daily reset then you will be able to get another 50% buff out of it.

As for when to use it i think we can now all agree that it is relative to time and shouldn't be worked out on an exp bases and that there isn't any difference to when you use it apart from how you can personally make the most out of it. Honestly as people have said the 80-85 stretch would be the best time to use it because chances are it will be empty if you rush there fast leaving you to get ahead of all the slow monks and leveling without any problems or fights over mobs. Also chances are the mop leveling zones will be a cluster fuck so leveling won't be as smooth, obviously it won't be as busy as when everyone else got there but chances are it will still be pretty full of the slow levelers or of people that aren't bothered with staying up all night. If your server is pretty empty or you think you can leve in the MOP zones fast and without having to wait around for mobs to spawn or get ganked then by all means use it then but chances are most server will be full of pvp, ganking and mob fighting.

Also im pretty sure you would be able to do the whole 80-85 thing pretty fast, maybe 4-5 hours? meaning you would still have the 50% buff quests to spare for when you wish to use them in the mop zones

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XstenZ View Post
    Nope. CBA getting a duo-box software, to level some characters, to then grant levels... xD
    You can do it without any additional softwares or dual boxing. Just level the new account solo. You won't get triple XP from RAF thou.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

Deleted
    Also im pretty sure you would be able to do the whole 80-85 thing pretty fast, maybe 4-5 hours? meaning you would still have the 50% buff quests to spare for when you wish to use them in the mop zones
    On live I've powerleveled a char with my 85 dk through 80.0-85 in 9 hours 2 days ago (no rest xp, no guild perks, no heirlooms and slow flying mount) furthermore the new char also up mining until 525.
    With the drastic xp nerf, monk exp bonus, available heirlooms, swift flying mount and the first exp bonus from guild perks we've planned to do this in 4 hours on Mop Release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoris View Post
    This thread isn't talking about RAF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MvK061084 View Post
    On live I've powerleveled a char with my 85 dk through 80.0-85 in 9 hours 2 days ago (no rest xp, no guild perks, no heirlooms and slow flying mount) furthermore the new char also up mining until 525.
    With the drastic xp nerf, monk exp bonus, available heirlooms, swift flying mount and the first exp bonus from guild perks we've planned to do this in 4 hours on Mop Release.
    Yeah, and I think even less than 4 hours might be doable actually. The XP Nerf should take it down to around 6 hours, then you have 75% increased xp from guild, heirloom and monk quests. 6/1.75 = 3.42 hours. Plus as you say, 310% flying mount, fully enchanted BoE gear for 81-84 levels, and the fact that monk is simply a quicker char than any other I levelled before, and 3 hours is not absolutely outside the realms of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by chaddd View Post
    This thread isn't talking about RAF.
    so why everyone talking about the 80 => 90 and no one talk about 1-90 ?

I'm going to do 1-90 along with a friend without RAF. I think we'll save some of the buff to clear Cata contempt quickly... Vanilla, BC & LK are not very long when you know what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyalise View Post
    Yeah, and I think even less than 4 hours might be doable actually. The XP Nerf should take it down to around 6 hours, then you have 75% increased xp from guild, heirloom and monk quests. 6/1.75 = 3.42 hours. Plus as you say, 310% flying mount, fully enchanted BoE gear for 81-84 levels, and the fact that monk is simply a quicker char than any other I levelled before, and 3 hours is not absolutely outside the realms of possibility.
    Not sure if its me being a noob but how is it possible to do the 80-85 levels in that fast of time is that like power grinding mobs? Or is that just straight questing because I want to try for server first but I need all the help I can get haha.

Quote Originally Posted by JRule View Post
    Your numbers are correct, but you're looking at them the wrong way. Your scenario that you used proves Freyalise right.

Let's take a closer look at your math -
    Level A = 3 hours normally, using the buff turns the level length into 2 hours. Thus, saving you 1 hour, or 30 minutes PER 1 hour of the buff.
    (1 hour saved/2 buffs used = 30 mins per buff)

Level B = 5 hours normally, using the buff turns the level length into 3 hours and 20 minutes. Thus, saving you 1 hour and 40 minutes, or 30 minutes PER 1 hour of the buff.
    (1 hour 40 minutes saved / 3 hours 20 minutes buffs used = 30 minutes per buff)

So again, it's all relative. Use the buff when you think you'll be doing the quests as fast as you can, and not having downtime.

The math works out always to be 30 minutes per application of the buff. Think of the buff as a 50% time saver instead of a 50% exp increase.
    See: Level C = 12 hours normally, using the buff turns the level length into 8 hours. Thus, saving you 4 hours, or 30 minutes PER 1 hour of the buff.
    (4 hours saved / 8 hours buffs used = 30 minutes per buff)
    get dunked on bro

Deleted
    deleted, thought about it, was crap :>

The best way to use it example:

lvl x takes u 2 hours without buff. in the first hour you do 66% of the lvl, flow questing no downtime. In the second hour you only can do the last 33% of the lvl (stupid quests, long farming shit etc.) You know one lvl higher you can enter new areas where you can quest fast.

If you take the buff in the first hour 66,666 % * 1,5 = 100% , you skipped the second hour and enter the new area.
    Last edited by mmoc7831eb6dc4; 2012-08-27 at 11:00 AM.

My plan is to use the first 4-5 for 81-85, to try and power through those levels with the rest of my all monk instance group. Then use the rest right after that to try and catch up to the rest of my guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I ditched the whole idea of granting levels through RAF, I'll be using the XP bonus in Outland and Northrend. I just can't stand those continents.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoris View Post
    Me neighter. Figured out that I'd be 90 before the raids become active anyhow. Rather keep those few irl golds and buy a new microphone or something : )
    Last edited by vian; 2012-08-27 at 01:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I would assume you'd want to use this buff in areas with less travel time. OR in areas that you'll be in the longest. Picking a zone that has quests that require you to travel to 1 or 2 other zones will eat into your buff.

Question. Why is it being called a daily if it's only useable every 10 levels? Or is it simply called that because the quest giver has a blue symbol above his head?