Poll: Happy with your name?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    This too - For me it's spelt 'Conor' - But it gets spelt ' Connor, Coner, Conner etc' annoying.
    "Coner" is great .

I like my name. It could have been cooler, but I don't think that would fit me.
    Also it is spelled slightly different than a much more common name with nearly the same pronunciation so people misspell it all the time. That is a bit annoying. (still does not account for the fact that some people can't spell either of the versions and come up with the most crazy batshit spellings I have seen........ Makes me sad )
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky1 View Post
    I just think my name is too common. It doesn't really bother me. I just get annoyed when people assume they know how to spell it.. Bryan.. How hard is it to ask if I use an i or y!!?
    Oh yeah, I totally understand. My name can be spelled Matias, Mattias, Matthias or Mathias and people almost always get it wrong if they don't ask... So annoying. Although my brother has it worse, he has a rather common name that is spelled in one of two ways, but his name is a third, incredibly uncommon variation.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, my daddy left home when I was three. And he didn't leave much to mom and me, just an old guitar and an empty bottle of booze. Now, I don't blame him cause he ran and hid, but the meanest thing that he ever did was, before he left, he went ahead and named me Sue. - just speaking of not being content of your name.

I'm cool with mine, though. Father wanted to call me Donald. I'd have done what Johnny describes in his song...

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    No, i'm very unsatisfied with mine. Not only does Filip (essentially Phillip) sound extremely awful to me, it also means friend of horses. The fact the most famous Phillip is one of Jesus' disciples doesn't help.
    Dude my name means The gift of god/lord. I'd love to have a name that means friend of horses!
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Well, my first name is Nathan which I'm pretty happy with, it's becoming quite common now though. My second name is really unique, I've never met anyone outside the family with the same name. We're the only family in Cardiff with the name fo'sure. It rolls off the tongue and as such all the men in my family have always been called by it. Sometimes I think my friends forget I have a first name at all

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I hate my name. Warren

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated the name Trevor as a kid, but as an adult, I like it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    I'm very happy with my first name, my last name not so much.

Anyone feel the same way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Jimmy. Seems very stereotype for someone from Scotland :P
    However, I don't know anyone else with my name, so it's kinda unique in that aspect.

Well, yes. But I always had a hard time due to the strange way of writing it. Filip is in Croatia common, in Germany its always Philip or Phillipp or some strange shit like that.

That + my Croatian last name = nightmare. Would not trade for anything else, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    I'm very happy with my first name, my last name not so much.

Anyone feel the same way?
    I used to hate my last name as a kid. No one could pronounce it, no one could spell it. As an adult, I've shifted the negative emotion to the people who can't wrap their heads around the first three letters despite international natural disasters that SHOULD HELP THEM UNDERSTAND HOW TO PRONOUNCE IT.

... I'm bitter. Not about the name, but the people. So bitter about people. T_T

Deleted
    I do quite like my name. Even though I'm finnish they decided to name me Ben, which is great because some of the finnish names sound horrible when pronounced in english. My last name does cause me some trouble every now and then but I don't really mind.

Deleted
    I have a name that many love to say in a poetic/singing style.

and girls dig it.

Deleted
    I like my name, although it is a common name, it's been kind of hard to find anyone else named William. Think i've met 3 or 4 people named William during my lifetime besides myself.

Deleted
    I'm content with my name(Sandra) even if I would've preferred Cassandra.

Don't really like my name much, it was unique when I was growing up and people really liked it, but when I was a teenager the name exploded into tv and movies. Everyone with my name was either a stripper or a corpse lol. It was pretty embarrassing and the other kids would look over at laugh at me. I've made peace with it now but the trend still continues, I just roll my eyes everytime I hear it on tv.

Yes, very happy.

Edit: Names Kim btw, wouldn't have mind something like Elizabeth though, always liked that name.
    ——————▲—————▲———
    ————————————————
    ———▼—————▼——————
    —Ⓐ—————Ⓐ————————

I probably have the most boring standard name in the western world. Don't mind though, better then being called something rediculous or even worse, something scandinavian that nobody can spell properly in the Netherlands like my mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Amondir View Post
    Well, in Norwegian my name doesn't bother me at all but when speaking to english people it gets kind of funny.

"Simen", yes Simen not SimOn

/semen
    sorry, but I lol'd so hard at that :/