Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    @Fencers: oh you meant a single map... well by rushing through you could get this in one hour. Is this actually fun for you? Well some guys (and girls) like speedruns, can't argue with that.
    Well, in terms of clearing/uncovering the map an hour was about the average. Give or take as I already said above. If one wanted to find all the nooks & crannies, I reckon that will take longer. But I specifically mentioned that as well.

Personally, I am not an explorer type. More of a task master-type player; setting up a specific, achievable and predefined goal(s). Though it's fun to backtrack after I got the map filled out. It'll drive me CRAZY to wander about without tackling an area systematically. ;D

Deleted
    Each zone is huge.
    By huge I mean a zone can be 3 times as big as WoW's zone.
    Thank god for the waypoints.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Read the entire thread. I meant zones. Map = zone. -_-

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zone
    seriously, you are the most pedantic person I've ever met. its obvious the op was talking about the whole world. yet again here is another thread where you display your like to being pedantic and nitpicky over terms. Its really unbecomming in a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    seriously, you are the most pedantic person I've ever met. its obvious the op was talking about the whole world. yet again here is another thread where you display your like to being pedantic and nitpicky over terms. Its really unbecomming in a moderator.
    Not gonna argue. I meant zones/maps and clarified.

Simple as that.

Personally, I am not an explorer type. More of a task master-type player; setting up a specific, achievable and predefined goal(s). Though it's fun to backtrack after I got the map filled out. It'll drive me CRAZY to wander about without tackling an area systematically. ;D
    I thought so Well good that the game has something for both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I thought so Well good that the game has something for both of us.
    That's the beauty of downscaling-- nothing is lost. And I am not driven mad by the 98% counter at the corner of the screen. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Nearmyth View Post
    Why are all the zones basically in the shapes of squares and rectangles? Kind of funny to me haha. I'm not complaining, just thought that that was interesting.
    Engine requirement most likely. GW1 had the same shape for all maps and they're using the same engine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Engine requirement most likely. GW1 had the same shape for all maps and they're using the same engine.

Not sure about that. I highly doubt gw1 and gw2 use same engine.

AFAIK, they made GW2 because of limitations of engine, they couldn't make GW Utopia and they made 2 instead to avoid such restrictions.

---------- Post added 2012-08-14 at 04:05 AM ----------

That's the beauty of downscaling-- nothing is lost. And I am not driven mad by the 98% counter at the corner of the screen. Haha.
    I just love downscaling.
    I think it's the best thing in an MMORPG.

Deleted
    When looking at maps, and at their points cluttered over them. Realize that there is a big difference between uncovering the mass/unlocking the point and actually go into every nook and cranny!
    I really advise you to go check everything out, the world is full of little small things that make this game a true work of art. Only uncovering/unlocking and you will miss many of these little treasures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norvak View Post
    Just to clarify I was talking about the whole world.

That interactive map is a great find! The world does look large indeed, plus I see there are many zones that they can expand upon. Thanks!
    Yes, it's a sweet map One thing to note though is that it only shows the main level of each zone, many zones have multiple levels - I've seen up to 4 levels in one zone.

Yesterday a couple guildies and I went for completion in Lion's Arch. We kept getting sidetracked however between jump puzzles, hidden caves, vistas and the diving board haha.

We came to the conclusion that between jump puzzles and Keg Brawl we are never going to hit level cap!
    Valar morghulis