Thread: The new Q and A

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Currently in SC with a blue moon

Anyways, get back on topic Hehe.
    No. You are at Myrtle Beach and didnt swing by NC to pick me up? I am apalled sir. I'm keeping all 100% of your SWTOR bank profits now.

On topic: I'm going to Q your A.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    They actually said 10 new space missions

http://www.swtor.com/free

Fly your ship to victory in 10 challenging new Level 50+ Space Combat encounters.
    Should've been more specific. I meant that the new mission they showed off was merely a new mission type for Space 1.0 not the release of their super secret Space 2.0 deal. I think this gives them 6 types of missions, which leaves me to wonder how challenging the 10 missions can really be.

Honestly I think the part of the Q&A that was the most interesting was the part at the bottom where they said they are discontinuing the weekly Q&A.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Honestly I think the part of the Q&A that was the most interesting was the part at the bottom where they said they are discontinuing the weekly Q&A.
    Seems at odds with their new community team strategy : /

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Well... honestly the Q&A have been a serious joke for quite awhile now. They say that their plan is to communicate more directly through other means though, but yea cutting off one avenue right after they said they were going to communicate more is a bit dubious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

Theyve been active this week tho..

for Reference EVE was on about adding a leave your ship walk around the spacestation option a few years back..thats never been implemented.
    Just for accuracy, it was added in a limited form 21st June 2011.

Theyve been active this week tho..
    If they make up for it by being more active in the forums (that's a lot of posts from today!), that's awesome. Wasn't sure if they were going to make up for it somewhere, but the more direct interaction through forum posts is always better than Q&A's : )

so f2p players will also have restrictions on bag space, access to bank, e.t.c. Also about the extra slots I need to clear it out. only f2p players can buy more slots until the reach the max of 8 chars?or a subscription player can buy more slots than the current 8 max? I would be very interested to buy more slots on my server :P
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

I dont get it. Biowares way of communicating is not communicating lol. I hate how hush hush they are about everything. They are basically the only real space mmo that people actually talk about. Who cares if someone steals their idea they didnt have that much trouble stealing from wow. I was a die hard swtor fan boi for years up until May when everything was being cleared Easy mode style. One thing I love about Blizzard love or hate them. Almost every other day theres new info posted about an expansion or game update whether its a new boss, gear, zone preview, or many other things. Biowares handling of the community has been horrible. Im really surprised Allison hasnt jumped ship yet with all the shit shes got to put up with and having to tell people "We'll have more info for you at a later date".
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

15+ Year Old Account
    They aren't being secretive and vague to protect their planned content. They're doing it for the same reason Blizzard trademarked "soon". As soon as anything concrete is said, expectations are set and then hyped to the point that Bioware could never meet them. Software development is notorious for random delays or sudden problems. Setting a concrete date is next to impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    so f2p players will also have restrictions on bag space, access to bank, e.t.c. Also about the extra slots I need to clear it out. only f2p players can buy more slots until the reach the max of 8 chars?or a subscription player can buy more slots than the current 8 max? I would be very interested to buy more slots on my server :P
    Originally Posted by SWTOR

We have announced that players will be able to have more than 8 characters on a server in the future (especially for Legacy purposes), but we haven't shared any more details quite yet. Hopefully we will be able to bring you more details in the near future!

Source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...68#post5025868

They've been active this week tho..
    man this is the same old story but told by a different story teller.

we are aware of the issue and are working on a fix for future patch

this is something Xdev really likes but is not on priority

we have announced X feature and will give more info soon

we have more content and will give details in the future

these BULLSHIT reasons are why i dont go to the official forums anymore. I understand the need for not giving "solid date/status" due to the rabid trolls and hungry for more new stuff grps. but you see WoW keeps the PTR open at ALL TIMES for a reason.

they announce something new and say "hey we have X feature in the works and will be on PTR soon for you to toy with"
    BW just says we will give info in the future. if they keep an OPEN PTS and give info and say that its on PTS for ppl to toy with MAYBE BW will receive less hate and stress and have a WHOLE COMMUNITY to HELP with fixing and finding bugs and getting something done about them BEFORE they go live.

HELL thats why blizz keeps an OPEN PTR to let the community do the work for them and fix whats posted. community plays more they work less and things get done.

my faith has finally gone down the drain with this game after the constant multi travel bug(no comms when it happens) having to relog because the mail service is going whack. the ANNOYING every so annoying huge lag spikes in denova and other ops. I love this game and spend lots of time lvling alts but i can only take so much and i have taken enough. I am done defending this game, i will still pay my money for the lvling and story experience(yea i know its free but meh). but my faith in BWs new communication and dev teams is sailing down the toilet along with tonites dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Kaywinnit View Post
    This is the type of response that provides no information, and might as well not be provided. We know you're going to do it "soon".. we need to know when 'soon' is. What date will these be implemented? Telling us that you don't have any information on features/additions that have been announced as coming for months, is not communication. It's attempting to placate your customer base without actually providing any information.
    this chick hit the hammer SPOT on in my thoughts about the communication team
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2012-08-14 at 03:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post

these BULLSHIT reasons are why i dont go to the official forums anymore. I understand the need for not giving "solid date/status" due to the rabid trolls and hungry for more new stuff grps. but you see WoW keeps the PTR open at ALL TIMES for a reason.

they announce something new and say "hey we have X feature in the works and will be on PTR soon for you to toy with"
    BW just says we will give info in the future. if they keep an OPEN PTS and give info and say that its on PTS for ppl to toy with MAYBE BW will receive less hate and stress and have a WHOLE COMMUNITY to HELP with fixing and finding bugs and getting something done about them BEFORE they go live.

HELL thats why blizz keeps an OPEN PTR to let the community do the work for them and fix whats posted. community plays more they work less and things get done.
    huh?

When they do have new things to test they put them on the PTR..... they just dont leave it up for intermittent patches between content patches, i dont get your point, when they do have content to test they put it on the PTR.....to test...

Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    Originally Posted by SWTOR

We have announced that players will be able to have more than 8 characters on a server in the future (especially for Legacy purposes), but we haven't shared any more details quite yet. Hopefully we will be able to bring you more details in the near future!

Source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...68#post5025868
    this is what I wanted to hear :P I had some bad decisions on character creation and I ended up with same advance classes twice (empire-republic) so probably I will be able to try all advanced classes in the future..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

As soon as they appointed Eric Musco as a community liason I gave up all hope of this game having any form of decent community management. I listened to the "torocast" podcast for a while and how any one at EA thought giving a rank amatuer this kind of position was a good idea is completely beyond me.

Currently I'm enjoying the game and I'm hopful they'll implement some good ideas in the future but seriously just give up all hope of any decent responses from their "community management".

huh?

When they do have new things to test they put them on the PTR..... they just dont leave it up for intermittent patches between content patches, i dont get your point, when they do have content to test they put it on the PTR.....to test...
    There are fair number of people who believe that if they tested all their patches on the Public Test Server they would have less issues with things randomly breaking. Right now they only test the large patches on the PTS and use their own private testing system for the smaller ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    There are fair number of people who believe that if they tested all their patches on the Public Test Server they would have less issues with things randomly breaking. Right now they only test the large patches on the PTS and use their own private testing system for the smaller ones.
    Yup i do too, but what he rambled on about is nothing to do with mini patches that add no content.

but you see WoW keeps the PTR open at ALL TIMES for a reason.

they announce something new and say "hey we have X feature in the works and will be on PTR soon for you to toy with

BW just says we will give info in the future.
    this was his point i was aiming at, when they do have features and content, they do put it on PTR.

having it on all the time for mini patches is another topic, i do think they should do it

Yup i do too, but what he rambled on about is nothing to do with mini patches that add no content.

this was his point i was aiming at, when they do have features and content, they do put it on PTR.

having it on all the time for mini patches is another topic, i do think they should do it
    Oh ok that makes sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Its seems more a matter of trying to balance how quickly they patch and how Vetted (get it? Vette? ... yes I play this game too much) those patches are. Of course I would prefer the community to be involved with all testing but it is a balancing act.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.