Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I personally don't consider riding all over Nar Shaddaa competing with dozens of other players, HOPING to find 6 randomly spawning crates(with a 10 minute respawn timer), then hoping I can get to it and click it before one of those other players do, all that fun, personally, but to each his own.
    Are you talking about the ones for Vandrayk’s Tuning Apparatus? Those spawn ALL over Nar Shadaa in random places. I found them all pretty easily while I was working on the other things. Just make sure you are in the least populated instance of the planet and tool around. They are in some super random places sometimes though.

To clarify I am trying to say their aren't just six that spawn.
    * goes to get some cappuccino

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 11:27 AM ----------

Changed the title name to reflect all the contents of this thread. Also they have announced when this event will end.

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    The Chevin Conglomerate has decreed that you will have until next Tuesday (August 21st) at 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8 AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST) to finish up the Grand Acquisitions Race. They've also decreed that the Shady Dealer will remain for an additional week after the race ends, citing "feedback" as the primary reason.

Good luck!

(Source)
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-08-16 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Are you talking about the ones for Vandrayk’s Tuning Apparatus? Those spawn ALL over Nar Shadaa in random places. I found them all pretty easily while I was working on the other things. Just make sure you are in the least populated instance of the planet and tool around. They are in some super random places sometimes though.

To clarify I am trying to say their aren't just six that spawn.
    * goes to get some cappuccino
    I know there aren't just six that spawn, but you have to find 6 to finish the quest. I spent 3 hours looking all over Nar Shaddaa for them, and you know what? I found fucking THREE. And one of them some jackass assassin sprinted over to it before I got there so I didn't even get that one. The least populated instances of the planet still usually had 90+ people on them even at 4 am so still not like only a handful are out looking for them.

Blah that sucks Stormcall, I haven't had anywhere near that amount of trouble. Only other thing would be to try a really off time for your server.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know there aren't just six that spawn, but you have to find 6 to finish the quest. I spent 3 hours looking all over Nar Shaddaa for them, and you know what? I found fucking THREE. And one of them some jackass assassin sprinted over to it before I got there so I didn't even get that one. The least populated instances of the planet still usually had 90+ people on them even at 4 am so still not like only a handful are out looking for them.
    JC has had 200+ people on Nar Shaddaa and I don't ever have a problem finding crates. Fly out to a specific section of the map and just run circles paths around the zones. They tend to spawn in the wings, behind fences and other boxes, and never in the middle of a main path. Basically if you loop around rooms looking towards the walls and behind things you will find plenty.

It's the only way I even know to get enough to buy the pet, since I'm not lucky enough to have found it in a crate yet. I'm up to a over 200 just from doing the quests and farming boxes.
    BAD WOLF

Looks great, its just too bad its on the heels of going F2P announcement. Still not going back. Kinda makes me sad since I love the Star Wars lore above any other.

Until today's "emergency patch" you could complete the Grand Aquisition Race quest just by going into your spaceship, and completing the "Cartel Listening Post" space mission.
    Saved me hours upon hours of searching, and waiting for some items to be available to use (turret on DK, the laser beam thingy on DK).
    Good thing I do all the space missions daily ^^
    SW:TOR - Jedi Covenant (US East) Lvl 50 Toons: Akie (Ptech) / Rellyn (Sorc) / Raelor (Mara), Miya (Op) / Reirin (Sage)
    League of Legends - NA Server - Elrendor
    Guild Wars 2 - Sorrow's Furnace (NA) - Ryn Firestorm / Akee Bloodbringer

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's just bad RNG. AKA bad luck. I found my first 4 quest items in my first 4 smuggler crates, but I only got 1 in the next 90 minutes of opening crates. I'm still hunting for the 6th.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

To echo the others, you've just had bad luck. The crates are everywhere. Another thing is to see how many instances of Nar Shaddaa are active and hop to a higher one that should have fewer folks in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mean to be a debby downer but this event seriously sucks. It was fun for the first 5 minutes then the whole go to dromund kaas, then to nar shaddaa, then back to dromund kaas then back to nar shaddaa. Then the whole vandrayk quest, who's bright idea was that? It took me two hours to find all six, that is not fun. The whole event was a big disappointed to be honest, it was tedious, boring and just wasn't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    JC has had 200+ people on Nar Shaddaa and I don't ever have a problem finding crates. Fly out to a specific section of the map and just run circles paths around the zones. They tend to spawn in the wings, behind fences and other boxes, and never in the middle of a main path. Basically if you loop around rooms looking towards the walls and behind things you will find plenty.
    I did EXACTLY THAT, looking IN THOSE KINDS OF PLACES, on the LOWEST POPULATED INSTANCE(the lowest populated instance of NS still had 90+ people) for 3 hours, between 2 and 5 am(it's worse during prime time of course), and found THREE boxes. Not sure why that was unclear the first time I said it...

I still believe there is more to this event. They have to do something with the ''fleet of ships that is showing up".

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did EXACTLY THAT, looking IN THOSE KINDS OF PLACES, on the LOWEST POPULATED INSTANCE(the lowest populated instance of NS still had 90+ people) for 3 hours, between 2 and 5 am(it's worse during prime time of course), and found THREE boxes. Not sure why that was unclear the first time I said it...
    Well, Mr. Misdirected Rage, not many people seem to have this problem. And what part was not clear? Well let's see, you didn't say anything about specifically where you looked, you just mentioned that the least populated instance had 90+ people. So I responded and gave you a clear direction on how to look for theses, but you decided to just rage instead.

You seem to just want to be angry and complain. Everyone else is finding a plethora of them on much busier servers. You cant just go willy nilly down the middle paths of random zones and hope to find them all. You actually have to *look*.

I had no problems finding the crates, but the other quests are really a pain.
    But I am really amazed that people actually stand in a line to complete those quests, it looks really ridicoulus, but its really astonishing.
    I did the robot race at 1 in the morning and there were still people waiting in linie. luckily could change the instance and nar shadaa 2 was almost empty, so I could do the quest instantly

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't wait in line, I just clicked faster than everyone else.

And yeah, no trouble finding smuggler crates for me. I see them everywhere.
    Last edited by Profyrion; 2012-08-17 at 02:57 PM.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Well let's see, you didn't say anything about specifically where you looked, .
    "All over Nar Shaddaa" was my exact wording. I suppose I COULD have said "corners, walls, pathways, nooks, and rooms of the Duros Sector, Corellian Sector, Republic Research Division", etc, but I thought the more concise "all over" was a better word choice.

I definitely stayed in one area and found 5 of 6 in the first 5 crates then it took like another 7 before I got that elusive last piece. All told, took about 25 minutes.

so, if you got the title, thats it, right? its finished?

it was a bit short and not all that spectacular, gotta say the rakghoul event on tatooine was leagues better, but no one will deny that I guess.

but it was fun anyway, the waiting sucked, but the quests were actually good, the robot race, the lasers, the broken speeder. rewards were fine, too.

I really would like to see more of stuff like that in the future, maybe with less waiting and more story.

Deleted
    what title will we receive if we completed the event?

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    so, if you got the title, thats it, right? its finished?

it was a bit short and not all that spectacular, gotta say the rakghoul event on tatooine was leagues better, but no one will deny that I guess.

but it was fun anyway, the waiting sucked, but the quests were actually good, the robot race, the lasers, the broken speeder. rewards were fine, too.

I really would like to see more of stuff like that in the future, maybe with less waiting and more story.
    This seems to be the start of an event. Not the whole thing.

No word on "the fleet" yet so clearly this was meant to be cliffhangery.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I dont know, didnt they say they wouldnt announce a world event via a tweet?
    I think that "fleet" thing is something else.