Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    How are the Chevin related to the Gree? I must have missed it, I didn't see any Gree references on Republic side.
    I didn't pay attention to a lot of the info in game because I remembered reading in an article that the Chevin were working with the Gree in some way. I'll see if I can find it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are the Chevin related to the Gree? I must have missed it, I didn't see any Gree references on Republic side.
    The event was the Chevin looking for gifts for the Gree, who are returning, or something like that.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-08-21 at 03:57 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Well apparently this is the codex entry for them (bolded the relevant parts):
    Governing the Chevin homeworld of Vinsoth, the Chevin Conglomerate is a pervasive presence in the galactic underworld, with connections to mercenary groups, Hutts, slavers and other undesirables. However, unlike the Hutts, the businesslike Chevin remain at a distance from the conflict between the Republic and the Sith Empire, as their military might is negligible. The announcement of their Grand Acquisitions Race brought the Chevin into the spotlight, as they offered unmatched riches and power in return for a number of strange items their own agents had been unable to find. As fortune-seekers and adventurers across the galaxy sought these curiosities, both the Republic and the Empire became curious about the Chevin Conglomerate’s motives. Soon the truth was revealed: the items being gathered were intended as a tribute to buy the favor of the Gree, one of the most ancient species in the galaxy. Through their contacts, the Chevin learned that a Gree fleet is returning to known space, bringing not only the normally isolationist aliens but their legendary technology. Although believed to be non-hostile, the Gree discovered hyperspace travel untold ages ago; a single piece of Gree technology is considered an irreplaceable treasure. For centuries, their influence has been felt only through their emissaries. The reason for their fleet’s return is unknown.
    (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    After you complete the chain, for Empire anyawys, you get mail from intelligence stating that the Gree empire is returning. It is a civilization that outdates the empire by hundreds of thousands of years. They are supposed to be the most technologically advanced race in history and they possessed Ancient Hypergates.

[URL="http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gree_(species"]More[/URL] Info

Clearly this is leading to the next batch of content in some way.
    I didn't get a mail, but I did get a codex entry that explains that. You had me clicking on mail in frustration! :-p

---------- Post added 2012-08-21 at 12:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Well apparently this is the codex entry for them (bolded the relevant parts):

(Source)
    And yeah, just to confirm, all my alts that completed the event got that codex entry (republic-chose chevin, republic- chose republic and empire- chose empire), the ones I started the event with but didn't complete didn't get it.

And in case it needs to be said, the sand people on tattoine recognize me in spite of my jedi wearing their outfit!

(Got my BH the beat up speeder and my agent a crossbow.)

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I didn't get a mail, but I did get a codex entry that explains that. You had me clicking on mail in frustration! :-p
    Well I chose empire, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. It was a mail from G.K.

I think you only get the mail explaining about the Chevin if you turn in the items to the imperials or the republic. If you gave the Chevin their stuff I don't think you get the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I think you only get the mail explaining about the Chevin if you turn in the items to the imperials or the republic. If you gave the Chevin their stuff I don't think you get the mail.
    My imperial agent turned in to Empire, got the Imperial Loyalist title and the codex entry, but no mail. Kitty maybe is one of the imperial glitched folks? (got the completed event from the space mission)

Amusingly, I only did it on my agent to help a whiny friend that couldn't get the event finished. I ran through at midnight (eastern) last night to help him grab all the items, completed the event. He likewise completed the event, but for whatever reason hadn't finished the investigation questline I guess. He didn't have the option to turn in to the Empire, only the Chevin turn in was there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    My imperial agent turned in to Empire, got the Imperial Loyalist title and the codex entry, but no mail. Kitty maybe is one of the imperial glitched folks? (got the completed event from the space mission)
    Nope. Already stated earlier, but I did not complete the space mission to finish. I received lots of mails from the G.K. guy while I was completing the various parts. I didn't notice this specific one until last night.

Might be just the timing of when I did it then, as I said, my agent did it at the very last minute last night. Maybe it is still to come, or maybe the event ended before it was sent.

I hope the Gree show same favor on my Black Bisectors!

I don't believe this. I finished compiling the information you gathered--thank you, by the way--and I think I know what was really behind the Grand Acquisitions Race. What the Chevins' talk of a "fleet" and those "ideograms" was all about.

It's the Gree. The Gree fleet is returning, along with all its tech and ancient artifacts.

I don't think anyone alive has seen a Gree in the flesh. Their civilization peaked before the Republic was even thought of; they've been absent from known space for millennia. Before they sent some droids to oversee reconstruction work on Coruscant, some of our reports said they were extinct. (Even our Coruscant data isn't that great--it keeps talking about black hexagons or something.) And now they're coming back?

That's what these curiosities are for: The Chevin want to buy the goodwill of the Gree when they arrive. Imagine the chaos if the Chevin get access to Gree artifacts and technology!

The SIS is holding emergency meetings on this--I'm already late for one, actually. But I wanted you to know the truth, and to be ready. If the Gree are coming, everything's going to change.

--Agent R.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming you finally got the mail?

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's awesome.

I don't remember getting that email. I hope they continue the story soon.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

That's awesome.

I don't remember getting that email. I hope they continue the story soon.
    I did this on 6 different characters (4 of them I cheated and did that cartel space mission which was a huge mistake) but I roughly completed them all on the same day and the emails have been trickling in very randomly. I got my republic ones last night but my imperials ones I got a few days ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davispunx View Post
    I did this on 6 different characters (4 of them I cheated and did that cartel space mission which was a huge mistake) but I roughly completed them all on the same day and the emails have been trickling in very randomly. I got my republic ones last night but my imperials ones I got a few days ago.
    Proving once again that Imperial Intelligence reigns supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I'm assuming you finally got the mail?
    Got the repub one yesterday, just got the imperial one today;
    "Acknowledging receipt of the items you sent. They have been sent to the Citadel under heavy guard, for study at the Ministry of Logistics. Darth Marr will be overseeing the results himself.

Your help has been invaluable. If the Chevin are right about these items--if they can buy the goodwill of an ancient Gree fleet returning to our part of the galaxy--then they're worth any amount of credits. At the very least, they're out of criminal Chevin hands.

And we've got time to prepare.

G.K."