Deleted

A kingdom for the one who will solve this issue with Firefox

Basically, ever since the second last flash player update or something streaming videos has become impossible on my firefox. Let it be youtube, dailymotion or any other site the stream is incredibly laggy and it also kinda slows down my browser in general by freezing it up. It's not really an issue of hardware acceleration since I clicked that box off ages ago. It doesn't do this on any other browser, only firefox.

I'm using windows 7.

roll back flash players until you get a working one, flash and firefox never get on well together

i would like my kingdom please

it better be a good kingdom...

its your realplayer that's the screwup.

go to realplayer.
    open up the top-left drop-down window with options.
    with the menu open, go to "preferences".
    in "preferences", go to "download & recording".
    in "download & recording", UNCHECK the option for "Enable web download & recording for these installed browsers."
    don't matter if firefox is listed or not, just uncheck the option.
    you be good to go and i be wanting my kingdom.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you've got Firefox 13.X and you're having issues with flash player either crashing or be non-responsive then i have a fix for you lot.

It's because of a so-called "security addendum" to Flash Player 257+ that it's becoming unresponsive, it's a Flash Player issue which Adobe will not fix because they feel that Mozilla has to adapt to them to use it, rather then Adobe actually behaving like an add-on (i.e. built for and around Firefox, not vice-versa).

In any case here's the fix.

Search on your Operating System drive (generally C:\) for the file "mms.cfg"
    It should find 2 files, use f.ex. notepad (REMEMBER TO RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR!!!) to open both files and add the following line below the lines you already see.

Code:
    ProtectedMode=0

Save and exit notepad on the files.

Now when you try to edit the 2nd file, it may already have it in there, if so then leave it alone, if not... add it.

Close any open Firefox browser and try again.

Enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    roll back flash players until you get a working one, flash and firefox never get on well together

i would like my kingdom please
    How does one do this?

I don't seem to have any realplayer addon for firefox and searching does not find a file named like that (mms.cfg).

15+ Year Old Account
    Ehrm... you HAVE to have that file.

For Flash to operate it requires that file, otherwise you have a Flash that isn't Flash.

Deleted
    Ok editing the cfg file did the trick (after I found it!).

However, about the kingdom. You must first transfer 30 000 euros to me as a transfer fee for my kingdom. After this it will be all yours, honest! It's located in Nigeria!