10+ Year Old Account

Army of Two The 40th Day

I just have a a couple questions about this game before I buy it.

So I wanted to buy this game used as it's only like $10-$15 at Gamestop and I really enjoyed the first one. My friend also would like to get this game so we can play co-op on PS3. But I was reading some info about it and I seen that there is a multiplayer co-op mode called Extraction and once I read the description I was immediately interested in it. But some guy on a forum said a couple years ago that when it was coming out only those who pre-ordered it was able to play the mode and the ones who didn't would have to wait a couple months to play it (which is total EA bullshit). So my question is will buying this game used force me to download this Extraction mode? Would I have to buy this game new to get everything? Also since this was produced by EA does this game have any online pass?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Here's a response from EA that should clear up your questions about the Extraction Mode.

We are not locking Extraction – we are offering extra content which was originally not part of the game as a bonus to our dedicated community after launch. We decided to make it available earlier, at launch, for those who pre-ordered the game. This game mode was actually developed as an extra, bonus game mode and so there is nothing we are taking away from players. And it will be available for free to everyone 30 days after launch (Feb 12).
    As for the online pass. I bought the game at launch, but have since traded it in and don't remember if it had an online pass.

P.S. I'm looking at the game on Gamestop.com, and they have it for 17.99 used/19.99 new. Amazon has it for 18.87 new with free shipping on orders over $25, and they have sellers that are selling the game used for 7.43 + 3.99 shipping, which still comes out cheaper than Gamestop. If it does turn out to have an online pass you might just be better off buying it new.
    Last edited by Mashpotaters; 2012-08-13 at 07:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah ok good so it's at least free. But I still don't believe EA when they said in that quote you put up that it was not originally part of the game. From what I read in that quote that Extraction mode was day 1 DLC so it was just something they put there just so that people would pre order it. If there is day 1 DLC for any game that means that they made it while the game was in development so there is no reason or should be no excuse as to why that wasn't included with the game. But it is free so at least EA did that much which is surprising coming from EA they would usually charge you with something like that even if the game is now what...3 years old I think?

But in any case thanks for the info.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe