10+ Year Old Account

SE Xperia X10i not connecting to WiFi

Again, another phone problem from me

I know we don't usually do Phone bug-fixes/troubleshooting but there's some smart-cookies on here and i'm hoping someone has run into this problem before (or knows a fix)

(What happened was I sorted out my old Nokia X6 with that nice flashy fast Skyfire Belle, then I got given this Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i the day after.... figures huh?)

Anyway, the X10i doesnt seem to to want to connect to any secured WiFi network. I can connect to and use a unsecured network just fine (such as BTFon/BTOpenZone) but using a secured network it just gets stuck at obtaining IP address then loops back to connecting.
    It seems to have this issue with both WEP and WPA/WPA2 secured networks which is going to be a real pain for me now that my operator has abandoned their Unlimited Data booster/package.

Anyone know of any fixes or workarounds? We can change the wireless settings at home but I'd rather have no Internet on my phone than to have an unsecured network.

(I also tried rooting it yesterday, which didn't go so well... I ended up having to flash it with a standard generic ROM again just to get it to go past the Sony Ericsson logo.)

So right now the phone is on:
    Model: X10i
    Android: 2.3.3
    Baseband: 2.1.71
    Kernal: 2.6.29-00054-g5f01537
    SEMCUser@SEMCHost #1
    Build: 3.0.1.G.0.75
    Last edited by Djinni; 2012-08-13 at 11:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried flashing it with just a different baseband?

Edit: Or just flash it with another kernel? I'm new to Android, but if it's anything like the SIII, you don't need to be rooted to be able to flash. Rooting itself won't actually do anything. It certainly seems to be a software issue, though, since you can connect to other networks fine.
    Last edited by milkGONEbad; 2012-08-14 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlike the SGS3 there aren't as many compatible ROMS for the X10i, half my problem with this idea is that all the ROM's I've found which are compatible either have issues like "Camera not working" or only give dead links.