View Poll Results: Having read this article: How do you feel about 'Titan' now?

Voters
99. This poll is closed
  • Excited

25 25.25%
  • Indifferent

59 59.60%
  • Disappointed

15 15.15%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Titan is just a code name isnt it? It's not actually what the game is about. The titans?

It's an all new IP, with maybe a FPS element?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Titan is just a code name isnt it? It's not actually what the game is about. The titans?

It's an all new IP, with maybe a FPS element?
    Wasn't the FPS rumor busted?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Why do you say that; because it says "complimentary"? It doesn't mean "this game will be free as a complimentary bonus to paying for WoW", but rather "this game will be synergistic with (or "compliments") WoW".

Though it could be both

Also if they mean it will compliment WoW, then my subscription fee to WoW should pay for both, right?

If it doesn't, there's no way in hell Blizzard's taking a second sub fee from me, especially when they can barely manage one sub MMO. (Let alone a broken down mess of two other games, but that's for another thread )

i doubt the sub fee system is going to even exist in 2015/16 when this game is released, but if it is, and seeing how blizz does business now, i can guaran-damn-tee you they wont let you get in on it for free just because you're also paying for WoW. you'll pay for both, and like it. remember, a sub based mmo only need 500k subs to make money, EQ was the prime example and predecessor to WoW, they (blizz) still got 9mill, and probably more when MoP launches (wont be my sub in there, thats for sure). they literally dont give a shit about what you think, because apparently theres 8.9999million other people lining up to pay them (and yes, i realize 4-5mill of those are in asian countries that have a weird setup on how they pay for WoW, regardless they're still paying for boxed copies at least).
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2012-08-14 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    I wonder how long it will take blizzard to try and sue them for copyright infringement? lol
    Sue them for what? Titan is not the name of the game, its the project name aka Project Titan. Besides Blizzard doesn't own the rights to the word "Titan", my truck tells me so =)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Why do you say that; because it says "complimentary"? It doesn't mean "this game will be free as a complimentary bonus to paying for WoW", but rather "this game will be synergistic with (or "compliments") WoW".

Though it could be both

Also if they mean it will compliment WoW, then my subscription fee to WoW should pay for both, right?

If it doesn't, there's no way in hell Blizzard's taking a second sub fee from me, especially when they can barely manage one sub MMO. (Let alone a broken down mess of two other games, but that's for another thread )
    Compliment and complement have two different meanings.

Edit: It appears the original article misused the word

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    I must be some kind of super-gamer anomaly. I have active subs for SWTOR and TERA, a pre-order in for GW2, and I'm actively beta testing Planetside 2 which I'll probably also pick up. And those are just the MMOs that I'm playing. I thought lots of gamers did that...
    Majority of people who play MMOs don't have the time to play multiple ones and still get the sense of accomplishment. Some people are able to play games multiples hours a day and thus can afford the time to play more than 1 game at at time but that's the minority at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    a pokemon mmo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    a pokemon mmo
    That's WoW now

Well, here you can find some cool titan infos http://titanfocus.info/

Deleted
    I used to be curious about Titan and I still am. After all, it's been in the works for ages and is supposed to succeed the most successful video game ever.

But I've become much less of a Blizzard enthusiast after seeing the direction they've taken WoW and how they managed to ruin the Diablo franchise with greed.

I also have less and less patience for their excessive development cycles, especially if they still end up making poor design choices.

So yes, while I'm still curious about the project Titan I feel pretty indifferent about the product itself. I'd like to know what it is but I won't get excited until I do.

I'm interested if it's an MMORPG, but it doesn't seem like it's that. This rumored MMOFPS doesn't interest me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Sue them for what? Titan is not the name of the game, its the project name aka Project Titan. Besides Blizzard doesn't own the rights to the word "Titan", my truck tells me so =)
    i know, was just tryin to be a smartass since this country is sue crazy =P

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 04:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I used to be curious about Titan and I still am. After all, it's been in the works for ages and is supposed to succeed the most successful video game ever.

But I've become much less of a Blizzard enthusiast after seeing the direction they've taken WoW and how they managed to ruin the Diablo franchise with greed.

I also have less and less patience for their excessive development cycles, especially if they still end up making poor design choices.

So yes, while I'm still curious about the project Titan I feel pretty indifferent about the product itself. I'd like to know what it is but I won't get excited until I do.
    ya, im pretty much in the same boat, im hoping that whomever does end up buying blizzard from Activision will get them back on track to the way they used to be. but in this day and age, corporate greed rules all, so im not gonna hold my breath on that wish, haha

I just hope it will not be an FPS MMO. If it is RPG and aim for the old school players it will be awesome. Given the thousands of people play on private vanilla and tbc servers and how many posts asking for vanilla/tbc official servers, I wouldn't be surprised if they move to this direction.

Others say that Titan will be a platform like steam and have tools to create an MMO, people can "create" their MMOs and be free to play all, something like this. Like for example people create huge mods on single player rpgs that are much better than official DLCs
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    ....you do realize Activision is unloading ALL of its shares in blizzard, right? by the time Titan comes out, blizzard will be owned by an entirely different company, lol
    You do realize that VIVENDI is trying to sell all their shares of ACTIVISION-BLIZZARD right? And on top of that, at an 8 Billion price tag it's almost assured no one will buy it right now. So by the time Titan comes out, it's still going to be Activision Blizzard. Kotick is the CEO of the holding company Activision-Blizzard.

Not to mention that something that has been in design for years for a set of purposes wouldn't magically be altered the second a company has sold some stock. It's called momentum, and it is a scientific concept. Not only was your statement not factual, but it wasn't relevant either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You do realize that VIVENDI is trying to sell all their shares of ACTIVISION-BLIZZARD right? And on top of that, at an 8 Billion price tag it's almost assured no one will buy it right now. So by the time Titan comes out, it's still going to be Activision Blizzard. Kotick is the CEO of the holding company Activision-Blizzard.

Not to mention that something that has been in design for years for a set of purposes wouldn't magically be altered the second a company has sold some stock. It's called momentum, and it is a scientific concept. Not only was your statement not factual, but it wasn't relevant either.

my post never even mentioned that the selling of their stock would change Titan in anyway, please learn to read before trying to bash someone.
    I said that it might get blizzard back on track to making quality games.

vivendi is the parent company to activison, activision ceo Kotick was the one that brokered the deal the buyout blizz, and thats why they made him CEO of both (my post was pertaining to the notion that it might be like the blizzard of old times, before kotick came in and ruined it all). its really the same difference. when i worked for EA they had made a couple of bids during the buyout, but blizz eventually went with vivendi/activision because they could offer more money. bad idea, lol

plus, i NEVER said the game would drastically change, i said MAYBE a "good" company will buy them out, get rid of Kotick, and get blizz back on track to making good games for the players, and not screw them outta their hard earned cash (then ended that comment with the fact that it was obviously wishful thinking at best). i was already aware of everything you posted, i was tired and didnt feel like typing it all out, but thnx for being a dick about it =D

relevancy? you're replying in a matter that doesnt really bring anything to the discussion, trying to bash me for whatever reason, look at my post, it was made at 4am, lol chill out bud
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2012-08-15 at 07:40 PM.