Borderlands-Playthrough 2 Question

I recently decided to give Borderlands another shot (having picked it up with all the DLC for like 5 bucks on Steam). The first time I played it I was turned off hard for some reason so it sat unplayed beyond like 10 minutes in my library. Anyway I really enjoyed it, except for the fact that it was (mostly) piss easy. After finishing the main story (and many but not nearly all the quests) I played through the first three DLCs without first starting Playthrough 2 (New Game + sorta).

So last night I began Playthrough 2, but I am afraid I made a big mistake by doing so much DLC on PT 1, because my Mordecai is already like level 40something, and pretty much a god compared to the level 32 mobs PT 2 is now throwing at me. I was looking for some difficulty in PT 2!?! I know Borderlands isn't soul crushing Super Meat Boy hard (and thank god it is not...I mostly love how casual the game is) but I was at least hoping for a little challenge.

Now granted...I haven't played through more than 20 min of PT 2, so the difficulty and mob level might ramp quite a bit, but I am now wondering if an experienced Borderlands player can tell me my best bet to enjoy the game from here...

Should I

A) Stick with what I'm doing...despite being already almost 45 at the start of PT 2 it will eventually get nice and difficult.

B) Zoom through PT 2 and do only main story quests so that I can beat the main boss of the original content and activate Playthrough 2.5 (afterwards doing any old quest and DLC on the new PT 2.5 difficulty scale.

C) Pick a new toon and do a new PT 1...this time zooming through and skipping any non main quests and skipping all DLC till PT 2 with the new toon, hopefully at a more appropriate level.

I'm afraid that if I do C I'll be too bored because PT 1 is so damn easy and I just recently did it.

Thanks for any insight from past players. And yes, I know I'm fairly late to the party with this game.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    I recently decided to give Borderlands another shot (having picked it up with all the DLC for like 5 bucks on Steam). The first time I played it I was turned off hard for some reason so it sat unplayed beyond like 10 minutes in my library. Anyway I really enjoyed it, except for the fact that it was (mostly) piss easy. After finishing the main story (and many but not nearly all the quests) I played through the first three DLCs without first starting Playthrough 2 (New Game + sorta).

So last night I began Playthrough 2, but I am afraid I made a big mistake by doing so much DLC on PT 1, because my Mordecai is already like level 40something, and pretty much a god compared to the level 32 mobs PT 2 is now throwing at me. I was looking for some difficulty in PT 2!?! I know Borderlands isn't soul crushing Super Meat Boy hard (and thank god it is not...I mostly love how casual the game is) but I was at least hoping for a little challenge.

Now granted...I haven't played through more than 20 min of PT 2, so the difficulty and mob level might ramp quite a bit, but I am now wondering if an experienced Borderlands player can tell me my best bet to enjoy the game from here...

Should I

A) Stick with what I'm doing...despite being already almost 45 at the start of PT 2 it will eventually get nice and difficult.

B) Zoom through PT 2 and do only main story quests so that I can beat the main boss of the original content and activate Playthrough 2.5 (afterwards doing any old quest and DLC on the new PT 2.5 difficulty scale.

C) Pick a new toon and do a new PT 1...this time zooming through and skipping any non main quests and skipping all DLC till PT 2 with the new toon, hopefully at a more appropriate level.

I'm afraid that if I do C I'll be too bored because PT 1 is so damn easy and I just recently did it.

Thanks for any insight from past players. And yes, I know I'm fairly late to the party with this game.
    I did every side quest and main quest and ended up at level 41, so yeah, you'll be a little over leveled at the beginning, but the mobs scale up pretty fast. As an alternative you could do the DLCs which should have higher level enemies there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    I'm saddened that at this point in time I can no longer discern satire from reality

Found this handy tool http://myborderlands.com/QuickFix.aspx to scale my level down from 43 to 34. Hopefully this helps to keep things interesting and honest.
    "Brevity is...wit"