High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nagrand, Attending the proper ceremony of Dranosh Saurfang

Looking for Gaming Keyboard

Hey guys, As the title says i am looking for a new Gaming Keyboard.

I recently watched In the video i Kripp said that the Logitech G15 allows keys to be held down in order to complete the max amount of key presses, However, i have looked over google and haven't found any evidence to suggest that the G15 can do this. If anyone has a G15 and could clarify this it would be great.

If the G15 can't do the suggested task i have a price range of £100/$160 and i would love if someone pointed me out to a keyboard that can spamin game commands by holding down macro keys

I'm pretty sure all he was saying is that because of the nature of the macro keys on the G15 you can create a macro which is just spamming say the 1 key a bunch of times and you just hold down the macro key and it'll keep spamming 1.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nagrand, Attending the proper ceremony of Dranosh Saurfang
    Just seen the G110 as well, I assume that it has the same option to spam keys while being held or is that g15 exclusive?

Every keyboard I've ever used will continually spam the button you're holding down after .5~ seconds of holding it down. Now if the Logitech macro keys do that off the bat without a delay, that's a different story.

HOWEVER, that feature isn't going to be useful on any keys other than the macro keys, maybe function keys. If you enabled it for numbers or letters, you wouldn't be able to type. Every time you would hit the key for typing purposes, you would get 7 copies of the same character.

It's also worth noting that the entire feature may be a big no-no in WoW and many other games. They usually define automation anything beyond one action per key press.
    Last edited by glo; 2012-08-13 at 08:57 PM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want something like this, I would suggest getting a razer naga and giving each button a macro to spam that button. That was you don't have to fiddle with anything on your keyboard.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Deleted
    Don't get a keyboard made by razer.

Most keyboards with macro functions can do this.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the macro keyboards allow you to record a key press to preform this repeating macro. It would look something like this -

Key Press [ A Key ]
    .50 ms delay
    Key Release [ A Key ]

Usually, you have the option of deleting the delay between the key press and release, then an option to repeat the macro as long as the key is held down.

Another option is grabbing a gaming pad where you can macro all the keys and not have to worry about using your keyboard keys. This would alleviate you haveing to switch profiles when you want to type and gaming pads are amazingly comfortable.
    I like waffles!

I don't think they make the G15 anymore. The new version is the G510. Wouldn't recommend either, though. Mine is sitting on my spare gear shelf. It's $120 of rubber membrane junk. Also, probably not important, but using macros like that is considered cheating. You aren't supposed to get multiple virtual keypresses from a single physical keypress. Not that I've ever heard of Blizzard taking action on it though. You'd be better off with either a real mechanical board or saving your money and keeping whatever you're using.

Quote Originally Posted by glo
    Every keyboard I've ever used will continually spam the button you're holding down after .5~ seconds of holding it down. Now if the Logitech macro keys do that off the bat without a delay, that's a different story.
    I'm pretty sure that's only in a typing environment. The keyboard doesn't send repeat keypresses; your operating system generates them as an ease of use feature. I don't think games repeat held input for you.

Would totally recommend the Corsair K90 Mechanical keyboard. Looks and feels like quality, and everyone I know who bought it, really liked it.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used a G15 v2 for a solid 3~ years and frankly - I don't recall any such thing. Sounds like a load of BS.

I replaced the keyboard with a Corsair K90 mechanical, and I must say, it is all levels of - better.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Just sidenote, I heard vague rumors from somewhere that macros that spam keys are in grey area in wow. Too much info being send out (er?) or something to do with "you are not doing all the job" part (still er?). This why is gray. And rumor.

But yeah, I'm looking for one myself.
    The one that came with comp already has WASD wiped off as usual and I dont really enjoy it. Too clunky. I dont care about macros myself.
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2012-08-14 at 12:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Third party programs (ex: Razer Synapse) that create keypresses (ex: macros) not actually acted by the player are against the terms of the EULA.
    It's "grey" because the clause is obviously meant to be anti-botting, and very few players get banned for using programs like these.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always been a big fan of Das Keyboards.

The Razer Blackwidow is quite nice too. Especially because of the macros.