Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you didn't do it, what proof does he have to prove you did?

Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    If you didn't do it, what proof does he have to prove you did?
    Lol, I don't know dude, I don't even know what this supposed bow looked like, or where he kept it / when he "noticed it missing." I'm really at a complete loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    Lol, I don't know dude, I don't even know what this supposed bow looked like, or where he kept it / when he "noticed it missing." I'm really at a complete loss.
    maybe it's camouflaged, that's why you cant see it. it's probably sitting in plain sight, and you'd never know

How is he taking you to court without even speaking to you? Sounds like a stupid bluff to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds to me that he's still being pissy over your initial fight. This is just an attempt to puff himself up, really not worth worrying about. As someone else said, the police and even small claims court are going to laugh his ass out of the building.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

No, unless he can somehow prove you stole it. If anything, you could probably sue him for running his mouth and calling you a thief.

All these responses assume you are talking about the United States. I believe anywhere else police drag you out of your bed at night and you are never seen again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    My room-mate and I got into a fight a few weeks ago and he moved out. A mutual friend just came by and said "you know he's taking you to court, right?" When I asked "why," he said that the guy is going around telling everyone I stole his compound bow. For starters, if his bow was missing, why didn't he mention it when he moved the last of his belongings out of the house? Secondly, I don't even know what bow he is talking about -- and neither does our mutual friend.

Do I have to worry about getting thrown into jail for this crap?
    His argument has about as much strength as me saying 'im taking you to court, you stole my girlfriend'.

Tell him to fob off and grow up and stop wasting people's cash when there are real issues.

If he does take you to court put in a counter claim, teach the arse a lesson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without he's bow he's not as much as a treat anyway!
    The guy has no proof you took it, and you say you didn't. There is no case if he takes you to court.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No, as others have stated he has to prove you stole it he can file a theft charge with the police but as soon as they find out you were room mates they will suggest taking it to civil court in which he will have to prove you stole it to a judge. I wouldn't be worried at all if I was you.

counter claim screw this a** hole

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waldona View Post
    All these responses assume you are talking about the United States. I believe anywhere else police drag you out of your bed at night and you are never seen again.
    Seeing all the threads about police brutality and crap in US every now and then, I'd imagine the opposite would be true. :P

And on topic, you have nothing to fear. I think you could actually sue him for calling you a thief. I have no idea how that actually works, but I think someone here might.