the build is complete.. and now there's another problem with the monitor

ok, everything was going good, I was installing drivers etc, got everything installed, and lastly I install the AMD catalyst suite. my monitor is normally a 1920x1080 resolution, but as soon as I done the restart required after the installation of the suite, the screen looks really horrible. the colour looks horrible, there's black edges around the actual screen like when you just install. rig specs are in my sig, and this is the monitor i'm using.

also i'm using a hdmi slot, don't have dvi cables

Wow, you really cheaped out on the monitor... Anyway could you perhaps upload a picture of this?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Wow, you really cheaped out on the monitor... Anyway could you perhaps upload a picture of this?
    it was working fine before I installed the catalyst suite i'll get my phone and upload a pic now

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 10:58 PM ----------

http://i.imgur.com/k8JbZ.jpg

the colour doesn't look so bad in the screenshot, but the black bits that you can see aren't actually apart of the bezel or anything

I'm not sure if the pixelation is due to the bad camera or the monitor. Is it running at native resolution (1920x1080)? Since the monitor actually is a TV is the picture settings correct on it?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    I'm not sure if the pixelation is due to the bad camera or the monitor. Is it running at native resolution (1920x1080)? Since the monitor actually is a TV is the picture settings correct on it?
    yep it's running at native resolutions, everything was all fine and dandy until I installed the catalyst suite. how can I change the picture settings?

edit: fixed when I uninstalled the catalyst suite. going to do a custom install again and see what caused the problem
    Last edited by Shilz; 2012-08-13 at 10:13 PM.

Well I was thinking about the settings on your "TV", most flatscreen TVs have options like changing the aspect ratio, perhaps the resolution and sometimes even zooming functions.
    The color issue can be something as small as the Gamma settings in your catalyst control panel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try using the zoom function on the tv, but this is why I personally do not use a tv and use a real computer monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ofire View Post
    Try using the zoom function on the tv, but this is why I personally do not use a tv and use a real computer monitor.
    haha yeah but I wanted to game at 1920x1080 so badly and I had a £100 m&s gift voucher

Deleted
    There is a option in your CCC under; My digital Flat-Panels, Scaling Options, Scale it with that mate

Deleted
    The catalyst should have a place to configure TVs used with HDMI. Like if I plug in a TV with HDMI it will run 1680x1050 till I change it to 1920x1080 in there, it's a bit odd but it might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezza88 View Post
    There is a option in your CCC under; My digital Flat-Panels, Scaling Options, Scale it with that mate
    tried it, doesn't work.. i've tried ticking and unticking all of the options under my digital flat planels

15+ Year Old Account
    There is an option in there, I want to say it start with an 'O' but I'm not sure. My friend had this same thing happen. CCC was installed correctly, but for some reason this option is set weird.

Look around a lot, I think it's called 'Overscan' or something
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Did u install the beta 12.7 catalyst drivers?

I had loads of issues with 12.7 messing with borders on screen and scaling not working properly.