Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Camera Smart Pivot

    Is there any word from ANet that they will introduce an option to turn off this feature? It is extremely irritated to have the camera spinning around while trying to kite someone.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Trungalung View Post
    Is there any word from ANet that they will introduce an option to turn off this feature? It is extremely irritated to have the camera spinning around while trying to kite someone.
    Im quite sure thats already ingame under settings

  3. #3
    Oh, when did they introduce it? I guess I didn't bother to check the following events after BWE1. Thanks for the info.

  4. #4
    Its an option called "free camera". It basically stops the camera from snapping into position with every turn.

  5. #5
    I clicked every camera setting there was and the camera is/was still erratic and zooming in and out not centered, then centered, zoomed, not zoomed. Just let us zoom out until our character is about 1" tall on a 27" screen and problem solved?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post
    I clicked every camera setting there was and the camera is/was still erratic and zooming in and out not centered, then centered, zoomed, not zoomed. Just let us zoom out until our character is about 1" tall on a 27" screen and problem solved?
    There is no solution for this issue at the moment. It's possible that this is "working as intended".

    There are several lengthy threads about the issue.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    There is no solution for this issue at the moment. It's possible that this is "working as intended".

    There are several lengthy threads about the issue.
    I don't think its "working as intended" because there's a lot of people saying the PvP is great and their cameras are fine and there's no way anyone seeing what Im seeing would say that's fine. You actually spend more time fighting the camera then the other players.

    This is what I see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzFXmKVfSAY

  8. #8
    You misunderstand. I'm not saying it's a good thing. I'm saying that it's a thing developers may not want to change for whatever reason sound good to them.

    As I said, there are several threads on this very forum on this topic. I'm one of the more vocal opponents of the camera silliness we have in this game. You should consider adding to one of the existing threads rather then start a new one.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    You misunderstand. I'm not saying it's a good thing. I'm saying that it's a thing developers may not want to change for whatever reason sound good to them.

    As I said, there are several threads on this very forum on this topic. I'm one of the more vocal opponents of the camera silliness we have in this game. You should consider adding to one of the existing threads rather then start a new one.
    I didn't start a thread on the crappy camera, I reply when people say there's a setting that fixes it. I have tried every single setting imaginable and don't see any difference whatsoever. I have also read the numerous post where people complain and half the people say their camera works great so obviously there's a setting or something that fixes the camera for someone to say it works great and PvP is fun.

  10. #10
    Now..I may be high as hell right now..but I'm 99.91% sure this option is already in the game. Because, smart pivot is something I hate more than the extra charges on my cellphone bill, yet I don't remember it bugging me in any of the tests.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post
    I didn't start a thread on the crappy camera, I reply when people say there's a setting that fixes it. I have tried every single setting imaginable and don't see any difference whatsoever. I have also read the numerous post where people complain and half the people say their camera works great so obviously there's a setting or something that fixes the camera for someone to say it works great and PvP is fun.
    It works great for those who don't mind the way camera behaves. I'm personally fairly agnostic to camera behaviour. I also had a close friend for whom I had to hold her hair up as she threw up after playing a game she loved with a crappy FoV and forced camera shaking on my monitor for a few hours so I'd like to have camera options to remove the "monitor shows stuff that makes different aspects of image handling in brain conflict with each other"-sickness.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    It works great for those who don't mind the way camera behaves. I'm personally fairly agnostic to camera behaviour. I also had a close friend for whom I had to hold her hair up as she threw up after playing a game she loved with a crappy FoV and forced camera shaking on my monitor for a few hours so I'd like to have camera options to remove the "monitor shows stuff that makes different aspects of image handling in brain conflict with each other"-sickness.
    You really think people are saying their camera works great if it is, in fact, Zooming in and out, up and down sporadically even when they aren't touching their mouse. What I am experiencing could in no way be called good/fair/mediocre or even playable with hopes to perform well. Running up the spiral stairs in the mansion PvP zone is like being on a rollercoaster. I hope somehow you're wrong in that we are all experiencing the same thing camera wise. I think I have played every MMO in the last 15 years and I have never seen what I'm seeing with this game, not even close. Maybe on a SWTOR melee in a tight corner the first month it was out, but you could quickly fix yourself without it becoming more unstable

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Now..I may be high as hell right now..but I'm 99.91% sure this option is already in the game. Because, smart pivot is something I hate more than the extra charges on my cellphone bill, yet I don't remember it bugging me in any of the tests.
    Way back in BWE1, if I remember correctly, that option wasn't there (I could be dead wrong). I learned to live with it until I frapped a PvP match in a recent stress test and notice the smart camera again (couldn't check it in-game cause the stress test ended). I did a quick google and nothing came up. I'm happy that they have that option cause I'm quite sick of getting stab in the back.

  14. #14
    The camera works perfectly fine to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post
    The only thing I really see in that video is someone who doesn't know how to properly position their camera. I watched it twice to make sure, and there was always a better angle that would have made seeing a lot easier. Perhaps from playing games like Dark Souls, where the camera is very similar to GW2 and you're mostly in small areas, I've become use to it. While playing GW2, I have yet to have the camera sporadically do anything.

    From my experience, and from the perspectives of those I play with, the camera is fine. Maybe not great(though I see no problems), but it isn't the abysmal abomination you're making it out to be. I can't help but think it is operator's error.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post
    You really think people are saying their camera works great if it is, in fact, Zooming in and out, up and down sporadically even when they aren't touching their mouse.
    I can say solidly that it didn't for me, so I question what exactly such people were doing. Honestly until I saw posts like yours on the forums, I'd never experienced anything remotely like that in game, nor seen anyone complain about it in map chat. I've never had the camera do anything other than what I moved it to do.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post
    I don't think its "working as intended" because there's a lot of people saying the PvP is great and their cameras are fine and there's no way anyone seeing what Im seeing would say that's fine. You actually spend more time fighting the camera then the other players.

    This is what I see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzFXmKVfSAY
    Are you referring to the fact that the camera often rushes to the feet of the player for 1second (going down filming up(skirt), not seeing anything)? I've never had this problem :X
    Have you tries a different mouse if you have this problem ?
    Last edited by rezoacken; 2012-08-14 at 03:56 AM.

  17. #17
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,022
    Yeah, my camera controls were way more tightly tuned than that video shows...
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post
    Are you referring to the fact that the camera often rushes to the feet of the player for 1second
    It's a personal issue, not a game issue. Happens to me occasionally, but it also happens to me occasionally in a lot of games. If it was a large enough issue for me to need to fix (which it is not) I would simply replace my mouse and mousepad.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post
    Are you referring to the fact that the camera often rushes to the feet of the player for 1second (going down filming up(skirt), not seeing anything)? I've never had this problem :X
    Have you tries a different mouse if you have this problem ?
    That video isn't showing problems with the game. It's showing that the player playing is very good at playing..... with his foot on the mouse.

  20. #20
    Well I don't know it was very random in the video, it was as if his wrist was ripping forward making the camera go down... I'm not directly blaming the game since I am not experiencing it, maybe it really is a user issue but this video looked a bit weird tbh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •