Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    I found crafting to be very useful once I got the hang of it (its not hard, I'm just dense). I crafted a hammer that took 12+ levels (can remember the exact number) before I got a green drop that would replace it...and even then, just by a small amount. Same goes with all the armor pieces I crafted.

Also this. Mobs hit like a freight train compared most other MMOs out there.

"Oh, look at that cute little rat-person running up to me!"
    STAB, STAB, STAB
    "WTF!?!? Where did half my health go?"
    Levels are very important too. I'm not sure what the calculations are but it makes a REALLY big impact :O Much more than other mmos I played.

Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post
    Levels are very important too. I'm not sure what the calculations are but it makes a REALLY big impact :O Much more than other mmos I played.
    I dunno, I had less issues soloing stuff four levels above me than I did on my Priest and Warrior.

And I could actually solo Veterans my level or a couple higher, something that WoW's combat system wouldn't let me get away with Elites (until they were made into very un-elite quest mobs).

You'll notice being underlevelled for a zone, but crafty people can still pull it off, at least that's what my impression was from BWE 1&2 (yes, even as Melee).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I dunno, I had less issues soloing stuff four levels above me than I did on my Priest and Warrior.

And I could actually solo Veterans my level or a couple higher, something that WoW's combat system wouldn't let me get away with Elites (until they were made into very un-elite quest mobs).

You'll notice being underlevelled for a zone, but crafty people can still pull it off, at least that's what my impression was from BWE 1&2 (yes, even as Melee).
    Well what I meant was more about "how much they hit". Yeah I can take a +4 or veteran, what I wanted to say was that when you take a hit you almost just stand there taking hits when fighting multiple -1 but 1 or 2 +3 will drop your life real quick (if you take hits).

Deleted
    In the BWE3 we were trying mystic forge in Lion's Arch and omg it's great. Our whole green gear was from transmuting blue items. If you do this with few friends you can make nice looking green gear and trade useful pieces to each other.

If there is one thing I'm still really noob to, its the mystic forge :X Is there a good guide somewhere showing what stuff can be made there ?

Deleted
    dont craft while lvling ( i know a lot will say but the exxxxp)
    i made some spreadsheets and you will waste a lot money and exp while lvling when you craft by yourself
    you need tons Crafting mats to be always on your lvl and to get this you have to gather a lot or buy from ah and on release all crafting materials are always expensive and most things you have to craft are useless - its a waste of time and money

to show what i mean:
    Weaponsmith Tier 1 (skill lvl 0-50)
    there are like 10 weapon types and each u can make a +power,+heal,+con dmg,+prec dmg and so on
    this are a lot crafting materials you need to craft all this and you have to find them or buy in ah

it is very slow lvling and you will be always poor cause you cant sell everything in ah to make gold (its global ah and you will lose money)

just sell all crafting materials and buy the weapon you need in ah - you will have a lot money on lvl 80 and have always the best items you need

on lvl 80 you still can start crafting - crafting materials now will be cheaper than on release so you can buy from ah or gather it
    on 80 you still need exp cause 1x lvl 80-81 give you 1 skillpoint and you will need a lot
    so its fine to start crafting on 80
    and while lvling just sell everything

Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    dont craft while lvling ( i know a lot will say but the exxxxp)
    stuff
    I've always felt the same way in pretty much all MMO's. Though for some they enjoy crafting while leveling so I don't hold that against them, it is a game and the point is supposed to be fun. However it's always seemed easier, and faster to just get max level, farm gold, and buy the materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktox View Post
    I've always felt the same way in pretty much all MMO's. Though for some they enjoy crafting while leveling so I don't hold that against them, it is a game and the point is supposed to be fun. However it's always seemed easier, and faster to just get max level, farm gold, and buy the materials.
    its becoming annoying at the max level to crafting from 0 to end.

I tried crafting, but could really supply myself with adequate gear. Neither weapons or armor, the best i got out of crafting was the bags. Keeping up with my level in crafting would require i take time out of leveling, and very likely money (to buy stacks of rare mats) in order to keep supplying myself.

I'd much rather bank everything and level on, pick up gear upgrades from random drops, vendors and personal story (which are more then adequate) and save crafting for max level. By then i got a ton of mats so i'd be able to level pretty fast and use the experienced gained to work on getting skillpoints.

Deleted
    Don't forget to talk to the heart 'quest guys' after completion. Most of them have some pretty sweet stuff for karma.
    That could fill up the slots u weren't lucky enough to find via drops.