Question(s) about gyms

I've never been to a gym before, do they have pull up bars and tricep-dip bars? I've never been a big fan of using weights... They should right? o.o

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by propsmc90 View Post
    I've never been to a gym before, do they have pull up bars and tricep-dip bars? I've never been a big fan of using weights... They should right? o.o
    You can usually ask for a tour of a gym before joining.

Gyms have a variety of machines/stations for training each muscle it all depends on which gym your going to.

As Fuz has said they will usually allow you to take a small tour to show you what equipment they have and if it's suits your training.

Any gym that doesn't have a pull up bar and dip station is a garbage gym.

Gyms here actually prefer to give a tour before making/letting you sign up just so you know what they have to offer.

Find a couple in your area, go in and check them out, and find the one that's right for you.

24 hour gyms have been popping up around here a lot lately, so look into one of those too if you have odd hours.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Find a couple in your area, go in and check them out, and find the one that's right for you.

24 hour gyms have been popping up around here a lot lately, so look into one of those too if you have odd hours.
    I joined one which is growing fast over here in Australia. Major selling point of it for me was by signing up to my local one I can go to any "Anytime fitness" gym in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    I joined one which is growing fast over here in Australia. Major selling point of it for me was by signing up to my local one I can go to any "Anytime fitness" gym in Australia.
    That works nicely if you travel frequently.

I picked my gym for a couple reasons. First, it was new and just opened so I got a decent deal. Second, it was 1 minute from my work, so I can easily go there for half an hour a day on my lunch our, or immediately after work too if I wanted. The equipment is all new and every cardio machine has it's own flat screen TV attached and iPod connectors, which is nice. Lastly it's open 24 hours so if I wanted to, say, go after going out with friends on the weekends or whatever or ass early in the morning, that option is always there. Lastly, it's not a meathead gym and no one gives a shit what anyone else is doing and you can just get your workout done and be on your way.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    That works nicely if you travel frequently.

I picked my gym for a couple reasons. First, it was new and just opened so I got a decent deal. Second, it was 1 minute from my work, so I can easily go there for half an hour a day on my lunch our, or immediately after work too if I wanted. The equipment is all new and every cardio machine has it's own flat screen TV attached and iPod connectors, which is nice. Lastly it's open 24 hours so if I wanted to, say, go after going out with friends on the weekends or whatever or ass early in the morning, that option is always there. Lastly, it's not a meathead gym and no one gives a shit what anyone else is doing and you can just get your workout done and be on your way.
    *rereads OP* *reads above post again* *rereads OP* *scratches head* objection, non responsive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by propsmc90 View Post
    Unless it's an incredibly crappy gym you should avoid anyway, yes.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

The answer to your question is yes. I have been a member of around 20 gyms over the year and all of them had these.

Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    *rereads OP* *reads above post again* *rereads OP* *scratches head* objection, non responsive.
    Side conversation, mind your business.