Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Almost every MMO i play, the class with the highest dps is usually the class i least like to play. So for guild wars 2 its probs gonna be warrior, necro, engiee

Actually, the one who stays alive the longest is the correct answer. It's not like all your damaging abilities in this game keep you standing in one spot, you may as well have your target be moving, shooting off combo's and such. Otherwise, I guess whoever does the most base damage with the 1 skill on a glass cannon build... and that doesn't even determine who does the most dps.

This game requires too much movement to even fathom a patchwerk fight to determine max dps.

Who cares really ?

And what proof would we have right now that X or Y has best sustained dps ?

Deleted
    I love how gw2 fanboys somehow assume that you either are limited to only two kind of awnser :
    -"wow-like dps toon, which implies the player can't possibly do anything for his self-survival and will always inevinetably die against pretty much anything"
    -"new gw2 awesome player, that can take any toon, make a superb survival spec, and use his l33t skillz to always survive anything the game throws at him, and innevinetably win the fight, because no matter how low damage he actually does, he survives long enough to eventually kill the foe"
    At the very least you guys should assume equal player skills, and not make it into a morron vs top player debate.

Seriously, even in wow a serious raider has a significant amount of self-survival skills to master. A "stand-in-fire because moar pew-pew" gets nowhere, again even in wow PvE !

Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    I love how gw2 fanboys somehow assume that you either are limited to only two kind of awnser :
    -"wow-like dps toon, which implies the player can't possibly do anything for his self-survival and will always inevinetably die against pretty much anything"
    -"new gw2 awesome player, that can take any toon, make a superb survival spec, and use his l33t skillz to always survive anything the game throws at him, and innevinetably win the fight, because no matter how low damage he actually does, he survives long enough to eventually kill the foe"
    At the very least you guys should assume equal player skills, and not make it into a morron vs top player debate.

Seriously, even in wow a serious raider has a significant amount of self-survival skills to master. A "stand-in-fire because moar pew-pew" gets nowhere, again even in wow PvE !
    And why are you in a GW2 thread?

WoW pve can't even be seriously compared to GW2 pve.

No need to tell people to leave. Just as easily you may ignore irksome topics as you choose. --Fencers
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-15 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Assume everybody is playing a class 100% perfect like they should during a boss fight...there is ALWAYS 1 class/build that does more damage. Weither it matters who does most dmg was not asked..
    Games like GW2 don't work that way, bro. You've really gotta break out of the WoW mentality when it comes to fights. GW2 doesn't use rotations to maximize damage because CDs function differently. Not to mention standing still isn't an option, thus making it impossible to even measure DPS.
    Last edited by Onigumo; 2012-08-15 at 03:13 AM.

Deleted
    Serously , whover dont like our answers (and we are still kinda polite to the creator of this post) can take their ashes and leave ...
    Get out....<< and dont knock the door in ur way out>> ... as other fan sites use this catchy phrase ....
    If u want to make a similar thread in various other sites , u are free to go . If u want share ur opinion sharing ur in-game expiriance about who class does the most dps , is free to do it ...

I can be a total dick too ... but i need more ppl to get used gw2 combat and try pvp , giving me more targets-celebrities to aim and more enjoyment to me ...
    We should all better watch our mouth , or we can simply turn this site into a Guru type ...

No need to tell people to leave. Just as easily you may ignore irksome topics as you choose. --Fencers
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-15 at 03:15 AM.

Closing this as a lot of posts in here are quite shameful and way too much hostility.

--Fencers

Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-15 at 03:22 AM.