Deleted

Rift EU raiding scene

Heya!

I'm really contemplating getting a sub to rift.
    I always liked raiding (at least in WoW), but the thing that draws me to Rift is that there seem to be more things to do than just waiting in Orgrimmar (I personally don't like achievements/pets etc., so those are no reason for me to get out of Orgrimmar).

I read in multiple places that Rift seems to be more popular in US than in EU.
    I was wondering, how is the raid-scene in the EU?

I personally enjoy the 'casualcore' approach, where you really do your best in downing bosses (read up, be concentrated etc.), but not raid every day.
    If I decide to get into it, what would be the best things to do:

1) Is there a huge difference in servers raid-wise? I know transfers are free, but was wondering if there are servers that clearly come out on top?
    2) Is there a big difference in factions? I would hate to roll for example a Guardian when most of the guilds are on the Defiant side.

Hope the questions are clear,

Thanks a lot!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Heya!

I'm really contemplating getting a sub to rift.
    I always liked raiding (at least in WoW), but the thing that draws me to Rift is that there seem to be more things to do than just waiting in Orgrimmar (I personally don't like achievements/pets etc., so those are no reason for me to get out of Orgrimmar).

I read in multiple places that Rift seems to be more popular in US than in EU.
    I was wondering, how is the raid-scene in the EU?

I personally enjoy the 'casualcore' approach, where you really do your best in downing bosses (read up, be concentrated etc.), but not raid every day.
    If I decide to get into it, what would be the best things to do:

1) Is there a huge difference in servers raid-wise? I know transfers are free, but was wondering if there are servers that clearly come out on top?
    2) Is there a big difference in factions? I would hate to roll for example a Guardian when most of the guilds are on the Defiant side.

Hope the questions are clear,

Thanks a lot!
    There 2 Large EU PVE shards Icewatch and Blightwield

The raiding Scene is very much 'bustling' on EU servers,
    at the moment it seems that if you're looking to get started out on the raiding scene Icewatch is by far the best server for you.
    Whereas Blightweald is sort of the home for the more established raiding guilds.

Official Icewatch Guild progression thread

As you can see the factions are fairly balanced raid wise, so just play which one you enjoy the most.

There are currently 8 Instanced Raids in RIFT, The tier 1 raids are pretty much being constantly pugged on Icewatch, sometimes tier 2 raids are pugged, but often are not so succesful, and Tier 3 raids you'll almost definately need guild for

Tier 1 Raids:
    Drowned Halls
    Gilded Prophercy
    Greenscales Blight
    River of Souls

Tier 2 Raids:
    Rise of the Phoenix
    Hammerknell Fortress

Tier 3 Raids:
    Infernal Dawn
    Primeval Feast

I Myself currently am in Parabellum currently the top Guardian guild on Bloodiron (PVP shard), but i do have all my alts on Icewatch

I think that answered a couple of you're questions, if you need a RAF buddy to help you get started on Icewatch or just have more questions, I know 'pretty much' everything about endgame in RIFT, just chuck me a inbox
    Last edited by mmoc318c19303a; 2012-08-14 at 02:03 PM.

I have never played Rift, and have been completely away from the whole MMO market/scene for over 2 years now.

I didnt knew about Rifts exsistence until like 1 week ago when i found myself here in mmo-champs Rift forum of some strange reason.
    Now i have done my homework and read up alot about this game.., and i found it facsinating that not MORE people play it! ^^

I am seriosly considering trying out Rift and getting back to the MMO market, however much like the OP i am questioning the EU Raiding scene in this game?
    Now i am an mature and adult individual, with work and other real life stuff to take care of on my weekly basis, so im not looking for a 24/7 hardcorde guild.
    What i am looking for is something that´s in between, where you have individuals that can focus when they raid, yet still have a laugh here and there and a relaxed approach.

For me a good MMO is all about the PVE end game, the dungeons, lore and bosses.
    For people who currently plays Rift and have done a fair amount of raiding, do you feel that it is EPIC when you enter a new dungeon? (thats kinda important for me)

Cheers!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Criix View Post
    I have never played Rift, and have been completely away from the whole MMO market/scene for over 2 years now.

I didnt knew about Rifts exsistence until like 1 week ago when i found myself here in mmo-champs Rift forum of some strange reason.
    Now i have done my homework and read up alot about this game.., and i found it facsinating that not MORE people play it! ^^

I am seriosly considering trying out Rift and getting back to the MMO market, however much like the OP i am questioning the EU Raiding scene in this game?
    Now i am an mature and adult individual, with work and other real life stuff to take care of on my weekly basis, so im not looking for a 24/7 hardcorde guild.
    What i am looking for is something that´s in between, where you have individuals that can focus when they raid, yet still have a laugh here and there and a relaxed approach.

For me a good MMO is all about the PVE end game, the dungeons, lore and bosses.
    For people who currently plays Rift and have done a fair amount of raiding, do you feel that it is EPIC when you enter a new dungeon? (thats kinda important for me)

Cheers!
    Most raiding guilds do about 3-4 nights a week, 3 hours/night, But it just totally depends on what guild you join, there's a large variety of guild out there espically on Icewatch, you just have to have a shop around.

Or pretty much every night there is at least a couple of decent groups going on doing Tier 1 Raids if you don't have time to commit to a guild, maybe after a bit of gearing up you can get into some of the most structured T2 Weekend Pugs on Icewatch as well.

My Advice to you would be just give the game a go, see how you're finding it, get to level 50 and then go from there!, Have a poke around Icewatch forums see whats going on, keep a close eye on 50 chat

There are definately hundreds of players in a similar situation to yourself where as they want a social life and to raid so you won't get to 50 and find there's no one to raid with!

Same as above if you need any extra Info regarding endgame raiding feel free to PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    I would pick a busier server like Icewatch. Population is good both sides, lot of casual raiding guilds, always people recruiting.

And the raiding in RIFT is awesome

All the top EU raid guilds are on Blightweald PVE Icewatch is busier but more casual friendly.