42. This poll is closed
  • Affy

16 38.10%
  • Destro

6 14.29%
  • Demo

20 47.62%

Best Leveling spec for mop

Hey just thought id ask the question seeing mop is getting close what is the best spec for levelling 85-90 i have done demo but havent tried affy or destro yet so cant really compair them.

I done it as aff didnt had any prob and was very fast, the other specs can also level fine I think aff its the best thou, SB:SW>MG>Next

Probably Destro as it has always been the fastest Single target spec.

"Lol aff can multidot!"
    I'd like to see YOU multidot the mobs with over double your health and hit for quite a lot.

Destro offers straight up burst and quick damage, while Demo has higher burst, it's on a cooldown(or in MoP, resource dependant).

I haven't played a Lock in MoP yet but this is assuming they haven't changed the core functionality of the specs.

Deleted
    I leveled as demo with the demon hunting glyph (after the nerfs to the glyph) and it was quite fast. I was able to pull 5+ mobs together and bomb then down all the way until level 90. Only at the nizuao temple in townlong where the level 90 daily quests for shado-pan are located it was impossible. Dread wastes worked again without problems. So I think I will probably go with that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    "Lol aff can multidot!"
    I'd like to see YOU multidot the mobs with over double your health and hit for quite a lot.
    I haven't played a Lock in MoP yet
    Funny, you made a statement and then completely nulled it in the same post. Yes aff can multi-dot, and heal themselves for quite a lot. I have had no problems pulling 4-5 mobs and killing them all quite easily.

Aff all the way, it has the best utilities for leveling. Though I would go with a pet and GoSupremacy, you might not get as much single target dps, but it can dps while you are dotting up others which is helpful.

i lvled in cata as afflic and it was very fast with little downtime... since the spec wasn't changed much (other than more healing) so i doubt that would change

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Destro as it has always been the fastest Single target spec.

"Lol aff can multidot!"

Destro offers straight up burst and quick damage, while Demo has higher burst, it's on a cooldown(or in MoP, resource dependant).

I haven't played a Lock in MoP yet but this is assuming they haven't changed the core functionality of the specs.
    Level with GoSupremacy and the VoidLord out. I just constantly pulled mobs until I got the items or the kills I needed for quest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    Funny, you made a statement and then completely nulled it in the same post. Yes aff can multi-dot, and heal themselves for quite a lot. I have had no problems pulling 4-5 mobs and killing them all quite easily.

Aff all the way, it has the best utilities for leveling. Though I would go with a pet and GoSupremacy, you might not get as much single target dps, but it can dps while you are dotting up others which is helpful.
    That is interesting. I chose demo because I thought the other speccs would probably not be able to survive the incoming dmg from pulling ~5 mobs.
    So I assume you use Glyph of Siphon life. Do you think that after the last nerf to our dot dmg the heal is still high enough from that? If possible could you also eloborate on the rest of the chosen talents a little bit? I could make assumptions for every tier but I think an explanation would be faster ^^

I leveled as Destruction to 82 in Cata and I did not like the speed of it. I went Affliction and leveled a lot faster. Granted, I had heroic ICC gear mostly but it was still very noticeable how fast I leveled.

So I am banking affliction will continue to be king for leveling.
    Last edited by Aaldarius; 2012-08-14 at 07:49 PM.

Demo 100%
    I have 6 90 warlocks right now working on another and have leveled all specs. Even without DA having glyph of soul siphon or whatever it was called, 20% max HP on killing blow while in demon form and shadowfury, glyph of hand of guldan. You return 100 fury per killing blow while in meta allowing you to maintain 100% meta uptime pending you pull enough, followed by clever shadowfury use well placed HoGs and soul link with a voidlord, you can pull 10-20 mobs at a time with no down time.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachBob View Post
    Demo 100%
    I have 6 90 warlocks right now working on another and have leveled all specs. Even without DA having glyph of soul siphon or whatever it was called, 20% max HP on killing blow while in demon form and shadowfury, glyph of hand of guldan. You return 100 fury per killing blow while in meta allowing you to maintain 100% meta uptime pending you pull enough, followed by clever shadowfury use well placed HoGs and soul link with a voidlord, you can pull 10-20 mobs at a time with no down time.
    Would love to see a video of this. I've only played Affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    Would love to see a video of this. I've only played Affliction.
    You can do the same with aff. The Voidlord is amazing and that shield he has, does shitloads of damage to adds that hit on him also the pet AI was severely improved, he actually taunts adds that you have aggro.

For example you pull 5 targets, he taunts the first then taunts the others 1 by 1 as the CD allows until he has aggro on all of them. He is like having a smart tank at your disposal

Voidlord is severely underrated I see ppl with other pets leveling, I think Blizzard did a awsome job with him.

I voted for demon, but when i leveled i was destro + voidlord, was good overall

Any spec with the Voidlord.

the thing with destruction is it gets REALLY boring, incinerate x 10k.
    demo is fun and you can go tankish if your in trouble, will have plenty of fury to practice managing and you can mix things up a bit too.
    affliction is alot of fun, you can really practice shard management etc. I think i levelled as affliction and it was plenty fast but now play demo.
    I tried another warlock on lost isle as destruction but its too repetitive for me.

Deleted
    I leveled once using Affliction and it was fine. My other char I leveled in Destro using GoSac and it was really amazing and fast (granted I am wearing BiS DS HC gear). You get nice hp regen from GoSac, hit hard and with a glyph Shadowburn kills heal you for 20% of your HP plus return the ember. If there is a hard mob just rape him using Chaos Bolt. Probably not as good at killing multiple mobs at once but I found the sheer single target killing speed good.enough. Granted in Steppes/Wastes the mobs start to hit hard so Voidlord might be better than GoSac.