Deleted

About crafting at max level

I have been trying armorsmith and weaponsmith the last 2 or 3 stress tests. I noticed that at low level it was cool. I was level 15 and I had purchased a level 15 axe from some NPC, but my weaponsmith was able to craft a level 7 axe which was way better.
    Anyway. My real question is:
    Since gear doesn't take a big part of this game, how will crafting look like at max level? Will you be hunting for the rarest recipes to get your character's gear to be epic (stronger than anyone else who just have ''normal'' level 80 gear) or will you be hunting gear just to look better (gear looks cooler, but isn't stronger)

Gear won't be "stronger" than any "normal" level 80 gear. It might have slightly better stat allocation for your build (a little less precision, having those points allocated to a little bit more power), either offensively or defensively, but it won't have more stats.

Crafting has some decent skin opportunities, and a shot of better itemization for you, personally. That in itself is enough to make it worth it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Also get xp from crafting... which leads to SP... which is the GW2 version of AA/PA.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would expect crafting to provide with exotic weapons

so crafting would be the most reliable method to gear out with exotics if that is the case
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Crafting might tie into the legendary items, we do not know much about higher level zones/content etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzick View Post
    Crafting might tie into the legendary items, we do not know much about higher level zones/content etc.
    crafting certainly does tie into legendary weapons, They give you the 'gifts', two of them are nearly always used in crafting a legendary. Obviously you need to be max rank as well.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...ictures-video/

i confused about crafting system

Deleted
    Max level will be all about the legendary skins, and ofcourse cooking buffs.
    Max level as a whole will be all about skillpoints, since they feed into legendaries.

There is a misconception that gear doesn't get more powerful at level 80. While it is true that there isn't a gear treadmill, you should keep in mind that gear stats scale with rarity up to and including Exotic gear (meaning that Legendaries are capped to Exotic gear stats). Rare gear is less powerful than Exotic, Master less than Rare and so on.

don't forget the mystic forge: 4 rare swords --> 1 exotic sword