Question about Traits/Builds

I know that for the most part anytime you are out of combat you can change your skills on your bar, and you can change the chosen 10/20/30 point traits for your build. But to change the actual trait point allocation, you have to buy books from the vendor to refund your trait points as far as I can see.

My questions is can you somehow have a separate "build" for Dungeons and/or WvWvW and/or PvP? So when you go into those zones you can change freely? Or every time I jump to WvWvW or want to do a dungeon I have to go buy the books and respec everything? I could never find a way to do that in the BWEs, but then again, I only got to level 13, so didn't get much time to explore a lot of random things.

Thanks,
    Lid

Deleted
    You don't need to buy books to refund trait points. You can see the refund traits button just above the first trait tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    You don't need to buy books to refund trait points. You can see the refund traits button just above the first trait tree.
    I didn't have such a button on BWE 3. I'm confused by this.

edit: maybe on sPvP you have such a button, since there at least it wouldn't make much sense to limit you.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrok- View Post
    I didn't have such a button on BWE 3. I'm confused by this.

edit: maybe on sPvP you have such a button, since there at least it wouldn't make much sense to limit you.
    Yeah, I was under the impression that it might be possible in sPvP, but PvE wise, it was only for beta? That was just my impression, and not confirmed. Maybe someone else can.

Deleted
    Hm, heh, apparently I was wrong.

Spending trait points can be done at any time. In PvE and WvW, however, resetting trait points has to be done by:

Using a Training Manual, or
    Paying 71 Bronze coin/point to a trainer (at L80, this could cost 49 Silver coin 70 Bronze coin).

In structured PvP, trait points can be refunded at any time. As structured PvP builds are saved separately, trait allocation in PvP has no effect on PvE and WvW.
    However, I think that you can change your major trait choices when you like.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trait

EDIT: Sorry was a quick reply, didn't see the other responses.

So basically I need to be finding a build that I Like for all 4, Solo PvE, PvE Dungeons, Dynamic Events, and WvWvW all in the same build. Then my sPvP will be different. This makes it a lot more complicated!
    Last edited by Lidralyn; 2012-08-14 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lidralyn View Post
    EDIT: Sorry was a quick reply, didn't see the other responses.

So basically I need to be finding a build that I Like for all 4, Solo PvE, PvE Dungeons, Dynamic Events, and WvWvW all in the same build. Then my sPvP will be different. This makes it a lot more complicated!
    You need to buy every of them once, so then you're able to spent trait points at 0-10, 11-20 and 21-30 groups. I was wondering why I can't spent trait points at beta events, and then realized what were that books for :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Biscuit
    I don't want the game nerfed to my level,
    I want to rise myself to the level of the game.

The refund all points option in the trait menu is only possible in sPVP lobby. In PVE one has to visit a trainer to refund trait points. It costs some gold or whatever. Books sold by trainers unlock the next tier of traits in PVE.

Slot skills are not refundable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lidralyn View Post
    I know that for the most part anytime you are out of combat you can change your skills on your bar, and you can change the chosen 10/20/30 point traits for your build. But to change the actual trait point allocation, you have to buy books from the vendor to refund your trait points as far as I can see.

My questions is can you somehow have a separate "build" for Dungeons and/or WvWvW and/or PvP? So when you go into those zones you can change freely? Or every time I jump to WvWvW or want to do a dungeon I have to go buy the books and respec everything? I could never find a way to do that in the BWEs, but then again, I only got to level 13, so didn't get much time to explore a lot of random things.

Thanks,
    Lid
    atm there isnt any features that allows you to have 2 separate Builds or more in PvE and WvWvW.

People have asked for a Template system to be implemented in the beta forums, and Anet didnt made any comments about it.

@Fencers
    Gz, on new "job" :P
    Last edited by Lusitan; 2012-08-14 at 02:11 PM.