Learning a website language

So I'm looking to learn how to make websites and for that I ofcourse need a specific computer language.
    I don't really have any experience with such sort of things altho I've had to make stuff in Eclipse (Java) before for university.
    My question is: What are good tutorials to learn how to make websites, what are the best books on the subject and ofcourse, what language do I need to learn?

In short: where do I need to start?

Cheers!
    Specs: I5 3570K - GTX 670 - 8 gb ram
    My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/aldrashan

Start of by learning HTML and how to use CSS.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Yeah start learning about HTML and CSS first.

Then once you've learnt that move onto PHP, Javascript and MySQL to add functionality to your website. Alternatively to PHP you can learn ASP, just depends on your preference.

May sound a little daunting to learn all that but it honestly isn't that hard. Good Luck

HTML first. No point writing anything unless you know how the pages are built. CSS as well.

If you've used Java before, you can look into JSP. It's not really that popular compared to simpler tools like PHP, but it can be a toe in the water and saves you learning a language just to get to the meat of the issue.

Try out Ruby On Rails as well. It approaches the problem from a different angle entirely. As a coder first and foremost, it's quite neat.

I personally use PHP, because I only write small, simple sites. It's easy to use, generic enough that 99% of web hosts use it, and just perfect for adding a bit of code to a basic site.

Order:

HTML > CSS > Javascript > Flash/PHP (or whichever server side technology you wish to implement)

Always code using something like notepad (either notepad itself, or a text based editor that does not do anything to the code). It is the fastest way to code, and creates the most streamlined code. Applications like Dreamweaver and Frontpage are really bad practice (unless you just use the text based editor in Dreamweaver but even then I wouldn't bother - get used to reading your own code, way easier to debug).

A good website is probably w3schools.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    I feel like I'm spamming this guys videos all over the place, but they are really good.

Learn HTML and CSS. Nothing more initially. There's a lot you should learn about those before learning PHP, javascript or other languages.

Actually, I'd even say you should learn to work in a CMS before going past HTML and CSS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    I feel like I'm spamming this guys videos all over the place, but they are really good.

Learn HTML and CSS. Nothing more initially. There's a lot you should learn about those before learning PHP, javascript or other languages.

Actually, I'd even say you should learn to work in a CMS before going past HTML and CSS.
    Good idea. I always forget about wp.

www.wordpress.org
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?