Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    two weeks wrum wrum

Deleted
    There's no way this is a coincidence, however I doubt very much they mean to actually compete with GW. The subscriber numbers have been dropping which will have a negative impact on investors and share prices. I can imagine them trying to counter this a little bit by trying to soften the blow on high impact moments, like the release of GW2 or like they did with the annual pass (which is why they didnt lose subs in Q2 only Q3 came back to bite them in the ass). They are handling it best they can to manage the damage in order for stock not to drop a huge deal - releasing the patch the 28th means that everyone not playing GW2 but still interested in WoW will want to log on which increases active players for them making it look up a bit again. Also timing MoP a month after GW2 releases allows people to try GW2 and those who inevitably don't like it (because not everyone will) can come back to WoW just in time for MoP. I'm going to play both and hope both are successful, will be an interesting few months either way

I do hope that Blizzard do see GW2 as competition and raise their game. I'm probably never playing WoW again (I'll be playing GW2 and Planetside 2 when it comes out) but MoP certainly seems to be a lot better than Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyfo View Post
    Wow, I've lost my respect for Blizzard. Trying to sabotage GW2 with poor attempts, they're realesing Diablo 3 1.0.4 the last week of August (Around GW2 release date) And realesing WoW MoP pre-patch on the GW2 realese date. And then realesing MoP one month right after GW2 when they are usually realesing their expansions around December. Lmao, pathetic.
    Sure, You're right! Blizzard should cancel MoP just to make sure GW2 is a success. Maybe all the buisness should work together to give GW2 the chance to succeed "Ok guys, no games release during the same week than GW2"

If GW2 is that good, it should succeed no matter what the other companies do. BTW, that kind of "poor attempts" already killed alot of potential wow killers.

Sorry my friend, you're the one pathetic if you think that's the way it work.
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

Yay finally ^^ Been waiting for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly anyone genuinely interested in GW2 will be playing it in the days before release after pre purchasing, secondly if a patch is a threat to a release of a game...well then that game wasn;t going to do very well anyway. But lets face it the patch wont have any effect on GW2 longevity or release, it might just impact slightly on how much time people who split between gw2/wow such as myself put in to GW2.

Heh, this half assed patch wont really do anything to prevent people from buying GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    It doesn't sound like an attempt to "fight" GW2 to you because you are forgetting that during the original MoP press release, and in subsequent blue posts, they said the pre-patch / launch event would only be live for two weeks prior to the release of MoP.**
    Bah. That was just badly worded / badly resumed.

5.0.4 is not the launch event and I still expect the launch event to be live for two weeks prior, just as they announced.
    As with previous expansions, the talent overhaul patch is live a few weeks earlier so that they can repair the worst bugs before the actual event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Let's not forget one thing though, it'd be either 21th, 28th or 4th sep.
    While there's nothing weird about sniping dates, more or less all pre-expansion patches has been live for a month before release.

If anything, GW2 could've released some other day, why a tuesday? Blizzard has maintenance, so that's one thing.
    All media (games music movies) have always come out on Tuesday.

Deleted
    If people seriously think that GW2 is gonna be any competition for wow, then sorry, but i lol at thee

It can go in the long line of it's succesor "wow competitors"....

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I've lost my respect for Blizzard. Trying to sabotage GW2 with poor attempts, they're realesing Diablo 3 1.0.4 the last week of August (Around GW2 release date) And realesing WoW MoP pre-patch on the GW2 realese date. And then realesing MoP one month right after GW2 when they are usually realesing their expansions around December. Lmao, pathetic.
    1/10

[TrollFace.jpg]

15+ Year Old Account
    Expansion systems patch coming a month before the expansion. Yep, sounds right.

That's what they did with Cataclysm, Wrath, and BC.

The launch events never started at the same time as the systems patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzic518 View Post
    All media (games music movies) have always come out on Tuesday.
    Music and games tend to come out on a Monday or Tuesday, due to people generally getting paid at the end of the week (Fridays, usually) ... so people tend to still have money to spend on entertainment.

Movies are generally released on Fridays, as (more) people tend to be off on the weekends.

10+ Year Old Account
    love Blizzard's dickslap to the face of GW2. Not the first time they've done this either... Ony revamp was released the same day Aion went live.

Blizz thinks people will get tired of GW2 2 weeks in, which is probably about the time the Theramore event is going to unlock on Live realms.

A bit predictable... let the gw2 vs wow threads begin!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys.. pssst.... its called "business".

Ofcourse they would release it as close as possible to the launch date of the "next new big thing". Doing otherwise would just be an invitation for the playerbase to have time to move along, despite of the quality of both parties.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would have to be blind not to see the connection, really. Both the expansion and the patch's timing were to counter GW2. First, the expansion. This Beta will only be five or six months. That does not match past Betas, right?,they usually run much longer, so they are clearly releasing the expansion early to try to get close. And then a systems patch about a month before expansion launch? When have they ever done that?

Deleted
    totally.. because... yeah... I wanna wait 2-3 more months for Mists because Blizzard needs to think about ArenaNet's feelings

And it's called running a business, it's not a major patch to compete with Gw2, but it's a pre-patch reminding us what's around the corner.
    Perfect thing to throw out to people.

and since Gw2 is B2P I can play both while only paying one subscription :O total madness

hmm

So most GW2 players will play it from august 25th. then on august 28 they can log on wow for a short time get the event etc be finished and go back to GW2 until MoP. Sounds like a good deal to me.

I hope GW2 will be a good game, will test it at a friends house to begin with and maybe buy it if i like it. No sub means its perfect to have on the side of MoP and D3. Bored of one game play another.

make love not war.