Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mad Catz be crazy!

http://www.techpowerup.com/170455/Ma...-Keyboard.html

So I guess the R.A.T mice wasn't enough, now it is time to make some crazy keyboards.

http://www.madcatz.com/strike7/
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2012-08-14 at 05:02 PM.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Membrane? :C
    Otherwise looks cool.

$300???? Holey crap. That's more than I spent on my video card.

At $300 dollars for U.S. I'd stay away from Madcatz. Way to big of an investment lol. I like the RAT mice visually but am so turned way from getting one because the Mad Catz name. After so many broken shitty Ps1/PS2 controllers bought as a kid. Always let your friends use the shit offbrands when they come over lol.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

That "sci-fi" style is absolutely horrible.. 300dollars for a touchscreen, ya k.

It does have some neat features yeah, but $299 for a non mechanical keyboard seems steep and it will be probably be hard to sell.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    At $300 dollars for U.S. I'd stay away from Madcatz. Way to big of an investment lol. I like the RAT mice visually but am so turned way from getting one because the Mad Catz name. After so many broken shitty Ps1/PS2 controllers bought as a kid. Always let your friends use the shit offbrands when they come over lol.
    there computer keyboards and mice division was acquired from Saitek, they are not the same engineers who made shitty PS1 controllers

also, i'd buy it on the spot if it came with MX blacks, but.......wtf

Replete with a specially engineered membrane which mimics the tactile feel generated by the mechanical keys often preferred by gamers - - without the resultant excessive noise
    AKA "we are being cheap and are trying sell junk as a premium keyboard"
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2012-08-14 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    there computer keyboards and mice division was acquired from Saitek, they are not the same engineers who made shitty PS1 controllers

pretty much. Sad thing is this keyboard will definetly find a market amongst people who'd rather invest in weird funky looks rather then features, quality and base functionality.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Ahh Ive been learned real good today. Didnt know it was aquired by another company. Well thats cool I guess still 300 is a little steep i might as well save the 1500ish for the Optimus :P
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    pretty much. Sad thing is this keyboard will definetly find a market amongst people who'd rather invest in weird funky looks rather then features, quality and base functionality.
    They're already there, you know who they are. Starts with R. ^^

For $300 I'd expect a mechanical keyboard, holy hell.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Not mechanical, not buying.

Not that I wouldn't love to...in my opinion, this thing is fucking awesome looking!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Starts with R. ^^
    what you did there, i see it

Yeah I was looking for MX Cherrys or mechanical keys in general and when didn't see any listed almost had a heart attack that they would try to charge $300 for a keyboard that isn't mechanical. The touchscreen doesn't mean shit to me!, I prefer a plain mechanical keyboard to a non-mech. w/ toughscreen! Over priced suboptimal KB IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    Yeah I was looking for MX Cherrys or mechanical keys in general and when didn't see any listed almost had a heart attack that they would try to charge $300 for a keyboard that isn't mechanical. The touchscreen doesn't mean shit to me!, I prefer a plain mechanical keyboard to a non-mech. w/ toughscreen! Over priced suboptimal KB IMO!
    I dont expect the touchscreen to do much either. Much slower then physical keys anyways.

Not that I would ever spend money on a $300 keyboard, but there are plenty of people willing to buy non-mechanical for other reasons. After using ergo keyboards for the longest time like this:

There's no way in hell that I would ever go back to the wrist strain of a normal layout.
    Last edited by Chelly; 2012-09-15 at 09:39 PM. Reason: changed into an imgur link
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Not that I would ever spend money on a $300 keyboard, but there are plenty of people willing to buy non-mechanical for other reasons. After using ergo keyboards for the longest time like this:

*snip*

There's no way in hell that I would ever go back to the wrist strain of a normal layout.
    Ergo keyboards are pretty good, especially microsoft's old ergonomic series, too bad there arent any mechanical ergo keyboards. The madcatz though has nothing to offer but Percieved prettiness and what seems to be tacked on functionality that isnt any faster then just doing it the normal way.

The only thing i like about it is the wheel and red button and that's just because i fucking love wheels - I loved the MX revo aswell.
    Also I'd expect the wristrest to be memoryfoam.
    Last edited by Chelly; 2012-09-15 at 09:39 PM.

looks useless and a waste of resources, money, time, effort, just about everything you can think of. just like any of these other cheap knock offs that try to reach for more money

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    looks useless and a waste of resources, money, time, effort, just about everything you can think of. just like any of these other cheap knock offs that try to reach for more money
    what exactly is it knocking off? cheap, yes, waste of money, yes, but it is rather original

10+ Year Old Account
    what exactly is it knocking off? cheap, yes, waste of money, yes, but it is rather original
    Razer Blade, maybe? *laughs*
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Razer Blade, maybe? *laughs*
    How?

OT:
    This has to be the definition of "gimmicky". $300 rubber dome keyboard with LCD, flashy lights and tacky design. No thanks.