Deleted

No signal ANYWHERE on my phone

Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S and I've been having this problem for about 1 week or so. Out of nowhere my phone's signal suddenly stopped working. The signal bar is empty and when I try to make a call it says "Mobile network not available". My wifi works fine but I can't call, text or use my 3G.

I'm using Cyanogen mod 9 on it tho which might interfere but this happened a while after I got the mod. Should I try to factory reset and remove the mod or something?

I assume you've tried other SIM card already to rule out the possibility that your operator closed the account for some reason? It's also possible that if your phone was operator locked before rooting, the current SIM card will not work in an unlocked phone anymore.

Factory reset is always good thing to try if everything else fails.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try a different modem firmware on it.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S and I've been having this problem for about 1 week or so. Out of nowhere my phone's signal suddenly stopped working. The signal bar is empty and when I try to make a call it says "Mobile network not available". My wifi works fine but I can't call, text or use my 3G.

I'm using Cyanogen mod 9 on it tho which might interfere but this happened a while after I got the mod. Should I try to factory reset and remove the mod or something?
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Mini, and at one point about half a year ago I kinda had the same. It just destroyed the SIM, the card didn't work in my old phone, nor did another card work in the Galaxy. So I used Skype to call my operater and had them send me a new SIM. Works fine ever since. So yeah check if your SIM still works.

Deleted
    My sim card works in my old phone is it's something to do with the new one.
    Last edited by mmoc9eb0d33af1; 2012-08-14 at 10:18 PM.