Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus View Post
    It does. I'm not deluded enough to believe that a game client being tested this close to release is anything other than the release build or something extremely close to it.

Unlikely. My system is, for lack of a better term, overqualified to run GW2, and it performs as I would expect (ie, extremely well) in every other game. Ergo, the GW2 client is the culprit, not my system. Numerous others posting on the official tech support forums that are live when a stress test is active only confirm that it's not something localized to my own system.

No one is complaining about server-side lag, which SHOULD be the only intended artifact of a stress test this close to release. It's not a difficult concept to understand, really: Stress testing server-side components has zip/zero/zilch/nada/ effect on client-side rendering of the game.

I fully realize that my system should be running GW2 better than it is. So does everyone else with a similar system to mine posting on the official tech support forums. Unfortunately, the fact that we know that something is amiss doesn't change anything.
    The stress tests also allows Anet to see which systems are getting crap performance, so they can, ya know, fix it? There is no way you can say Anet will not make any other changes before launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruptz View Post
    GW2 Dosnt support AMD Crossfire rght? i heard somewhere that it dosnt
    http://benchmark3d.com/catalyst-appl...les-12-7-cap-2

"New profiles added to this release:
    Guild Wars 2: Improves the CrossFire performance"

10+ Year Old Account
    Ordered GW2 yesterday 8)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    http://benchmark3d.com/catalyst-appl...les-12-7-cap-2

"New profiles added to this release:
    Guild Wars 2: Improves the CrossFire performance"
    do i have to get the 12.7 cap 2 or does 12.7 cap 3 work just as good?
    Last edited by mmocebc8ec9eed; 2012-08-16 at 11:09 AM.

Unlikely. My system is, for lack of a better term, overqualified to run GW2, and it performs as I would expect (ie, extremely well) in every other game. Ergo, the GW2 client is the culprit, not my system. Numerous others posting on the official tech support forums that are live when a stress test is active only confirm that it's not something localized to my own system.
    My pc is of similar caliber as yours and it runs pretty decent on max. Not as good as i'd like, i have to turn down shaders and shadows to medium to get a consistent 60+ fps in crowded and aoe-spammy areas.

But really, i have not heard anyone have anywhere near the performance issues as you had. Seriously, your performance issues are legendary. People with half your specs run it twice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    But really, i have not heard anyone have anywhere near the performance issues as you had. Seriously, your performance issues are legendary. People with half your specs run it twice as well.
    The official forums were on fire yesterday, in no other stresstest did people have so many different graphic/performance problems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    every new CAP has the previous patches included. Then the next drivers will have them as well.

I had worse FPS this stress test than the previous with my 7970, 30-50 fps on Dissea Plateau, everything at max but shadows on medium, no supersampling and no FXAA (1600x1200).
    Anybody play in 4/3 ratio too ?

Quote Originally Posted by drigoly View Post
    The official forums were on fire yesterday, in no other stresstest did people have so many different graphic/performance problems.
    Even so, canceling a game based entirely on that? BWE3 was already pretty smooth, the Stresstests have always been much lower performance (BWE2 smooth, stress test worst latency and fps, BWE3 smooth again), if they did something in that stresstest that made things worst its a matter of rolling back to a build that worked much better. They've had something like 4 stresstests now in the period of a single week.
    Someone gets in on one where they are trying something new or heavily changing stuff on the go and gets poor performance and then they come here complaining and denouncing the entire game. Anyone that moves along and doesnt play Gw2 based on this, good.

It does. I'm not deluded enough to believe that a game client being tested this close to release is anything other than the release build or something extremely close to it.
    I think ArenaNet waited too long to start the graphics optimization process. They're encountering problems they did not expect and I think this optimization process will continue past release. It was a bad move on their part. But, I'm confident they'll eventually get it all worked out. And once they do, you'll be back. The game is too good.

No one is complaining about server-side lag, which SHOULD be the only intended artifact of a stress test this close to release. It's not a difficult concept to understand, really: Stress testing server-side components has zip/zero/zilch/nada/ effect on client-side rendering of the game.

I fully realize that my system should be running GW2 better than it is. So does everyone else with a similar system to mine posting on the official tech support forums. Unfortunately, the fact that we know that something is amiss doesn't change anything.

Yes, it is a stress test. Which has nothing to do with client-side rendering. It's strange how folks can so egregiously misunderstand the purpose of a "stress test".
    You still don't realize that a stress test can be used for whatever ANet wants it to be used for. Yes, traditionally it tests the servers...and they were doing that. But there were client patches, likely with new optimizations, that they were likely using the stress test to gather information on.

Realistically, ANet uses 2 types of (external) testing: BWEs and stress tests. We're done with BWEs, which were the standard method of testing "everything". These stress tests allow them to test everything, from servers, to client builds, to network...whatever they want. They can call it whatever they want, just because you assume you know what a stress test is doesn't mean you know what the testing is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    You still don't realize that a stress test can be used for whatever ANet wants it to be used for. Yes, traditionally it tests the servers...and they were doing that. But there were client patches, likely with new optimizations, that they were likely using the stress test to gather information on.

Realistically, ANet uses 2 types of (external) testing: BWEs and stress tests. We're done with BWEs, which were the standard method of testing "everything". These stress tests allow them to test everything, from servers, to client builds, to network...whatever they want. They can call it whatever they want, just because you assume you know what a stress test is doesn't mean you know what the testing is for.
    Dont talk sense on the internet dude what are you doing
    on a dfferent note did any one see the trailer for the new Jack Black movie today
    Last edited by Window; 2012-08-16 at 02:15 PM.
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    on a dfferent note did any one see the trailer for the new Jack Black movie today
    I know you're trying to be clever, but this sort of statement only makes you look childish.

As has been postulated in the 30 other threads that discuss performance in GW2, it's a client side problem that likely has more to do with software/drivers than the hardware you're using. I've seen people post the same hardware setups in the same thread with wildly different results.

Maybe the game is sensitive to AV software? Maybe it doesn't like sharing memory space with torrent programs? Maybe running Steam or Origin in the background makes it laggier?

If problems persist after launch, someone with less than stellar results should really do a step-by-step strip out of programs and see what exactly is causing the lag.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    Dont talk sense on the internet dude what are you doing
    I know, I must be crazy, using logic on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Catalyst 12.8 drivers were released today.

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/12-8_vis..._64_dd_ccc.exe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Catalyst 12.8 drivers were released today.

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/12-8_vis..._64_dd_ccc.exe
    yea i just got them. but it's a different between the drivers and profiles now ive 12.8 drivers with 12.7 cap 3 profiles. give stress test so i can try !
    Last edited by mmocebc8ec9eed; 2012-08-16 at 04:11 PM.

Deleted
    12.7 CAP 3 is included in 12.8 drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    As has been postulated in the 30 other threads that discuss performance in GW2, it's a client side problem that likely has more to do with software/drivers than the hardware you're using. I've seen people post the same hardware setups in the same thread with wildly different results.

Maybe the game is sensitive to AV software? Maybe it doesn't like sharing memory space with torrent programs? Maybe running Steam or Origin in the background makes it laggier?

If problems persist after launch, someone with less than stellar results should really do a step-by-step strip out of programs and see what exactly is causing the lag.
    Too much work for 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    I know, I must be crazy, using logic on the internet.
    That and you forgot that on the internet, everyone is an expert about everything.

Hey ya'll, the stress test is well over at this point. Thread has run it's course.

Please seek out appropriate topics if wishing to discuss technical issues, graphics drivers, professions and other game errata.

Thanks!

-- Fencers