[Web] illegal to post any Olympic video to Youtube?

Using windows media center. I recorded the BMX races to my pc. Im in the process of creating it into a video for myself to watch without any commercials. Its picture perfect hd. I do upload a lot of videos to youtube. Some have music that I dont get in trouble for even when I put the music in the video myself without trying to edit the speed of it. Everything I do on youtube is legal because I do try to make money from my videos.

However, I heard rumors that Youtube was taking down any accounts that posted any coverage of the Olympics. Even some Facebook and Twitter accounts were suspended. I dont know if this was just because the Olympics were still going and haven't ended. I dont know.

I'm curious if this will allow me to post the video I would like to upload. ( I dont want to make money on it. I just want to upload a nice HD video of all the races in 1 video )

"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

So my question is... Can I get suspended, banned, even fined for uploading it or is it legal for me to do so? I would classify it under criticism, comment and personal use.

15+ Year Old Account
    It will get removed from Youtube. You need permission from the IOC to broadcast any Olympic events. This includes what you're talking about.

Well, Oh well I guess. Thank you though for informing me. Would hate to see my account banned. lol

Deleted
    Yeah, even though you can view it all for free (if you're British) through the BBC site....

(petty)

That is because the BBC paid money for the distribution and broadcast rights within the UK, just as ARD and ZDF bought the rights in Germany and NBC bought the rights for the USA. You didn't buy the rights to distribute the videos, so you aren't allowed to distribute them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    That is because the BBC paid money for the distribution and broadcast rights within the UK, just as ARD and ZDF bought the rights in Germany and NBC bought the rights for the USA. You didn't buy the rights to distribute the videos, so you aren't allowed to distribute them.
    It is vitally important that UK citizens watching the Olympics for free do so only on our own website!

Can't speak for Germany or the USA though, but it all seems at least from the British perspective completely petty.

Deleted
    Don't put put any information related to olympics into titles and description...youtube will have no way to track the actual content of the video unlike with tv shows etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    It is vitally important that UK citizens watching the Olympics for free do so only on our own website!

Can't speak for Germany or the USA though, but it all seems at least from the British perspective completely petty.
    Write to your MP and ask him to do something about it then

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Don't put put any information related to olympics into titles and description...youtube will have no way to track the actual content of the video unlike with tv shows etc..
    Until someone flags it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Write to your MP and ask him to do something about it then
    I sometimes wonder if people have completely forgotten that writing to your MP is actually an option!

Quote Originally Posted by MatarDG View Post
    I sometimes wonder if people have completely forgotten that writing to your MP is actually an option!
    Yeah, I mean, that is what they are elected for. To represent their constituents in Government.

Deleted
    Yes, I could. I suspect it would be labelled frivolous but the point is I see it as petty and I just pointed that out.