Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I love all the little things people mentioned here.
    I love the fact you can make little way points on your map that others in your party see.

one of my favorites though is the conversations the NPC's have. It makes the immersion of the game much more real, and makes me care about the NPC's. I think of them as citizens and not vendors that repeat the same lines that makes you want to smack them *cough* Ironforge bread lady *cough*

A lot of the conversations are so interesting too or funny like the one mentioned between the asura and charr.

I like the one I heard in The Grove between two female sylvari and their fascination with humans and their aging bodies, they comment on how beautiful they will be when they get old, and how old the human Queen is, saying "she's almost 30!" lol
    Last edited by galaxiah; 2012-08-16 at 04:08 PM.

Sylvari Necromancer

Quote Originally Posted by galaxiah View Post
    one of my favorites though is the conversations the NPC's have. It makes the immersion of the game much more real, and makes me care about the NPC's. I think of them as citizens and not vendors that repeat the same lines that makes you want to smack them *cough* Ironforge bread lady *cough*
    I am absolutely going to name my female norn Myra Tyrngaarde now. Thank you for making me think of the bread lady!

This may have been mentioned but I actually really like the physics of the characters. When you stop running you don't instantly stop. It takes a few steps for your character to completely stop moving.

It brings more life and realism to your characters.

Deleted
    Funny references, like Roll for Initiative and Mug.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how when you shoot your bow, your character closes one eye to aim.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I like how when you shoot your bow, your character closes one eye to aim.
    Depth perception is for suckers!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    ...dat soundtrack.
    Oh God yes. The soundtrack. Eargasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinomatic View Post
    Depth perception is for suckers!
    Bwahahaha

How about how if you target a creature smaller than yourself you look down at them:
    http://i.imgur.com/b83WF.jpg
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Bwahahaha

How about how if you target a creature smaller than yourself you look down at them:
    http://i.imgur.com/b83WF.jpg
    Yeah the head facing the target was something I really enjoyed in Rift, I'm glad that GW2 included it as well.

That's what my norn guardian thought when she found the asura children anyway.
    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ig/gw007-1.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticent View Post
    This may have been mentioned but I actually really like the physics of the characters. When you stop running you don't instantly stop. It takes a few steps for your character to completely stop moving.

It brings more life and realism to your characters.
    Bolded part! I actually didn't realize this just until this last stress test and out of all the MMOs i've played (which is a whole lot.) GW2 is the first one to actually do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Bolded part! I actually didn't realize this just until this last stress test and out of all the MMOs i've played (which is a whole lot.) GW2 is the first one to actually do this.
    The Asuran do this the best. Or their little windmill flail when they jump.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    The Asuran do this the best. Or their little windmill flail when they jump.

So true, it's addictive! strafe/stop is hilarious, will never stop making me smile

ETA: just thought if another one, not sure if mentioned already but the way Shields are held up to block attacks and how a warrior crouches with shield in front to block.. nicely done
    Last edited by Cherrysoul; 2012-08-16 at 11:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    So true, it's addictive! strafe/stop is hilarious, will never stop making me smile

ETA: just thought if another one, not sure if mentioned already but the way Shields are held up to block attacks and how a warrior crouches with shield in front to block.. nicely done
    I also like just how big shields are. I had a big, round shield on my Norn and it looked great. Shields should be big imo, I'm sick of the tiny little bucklers that you expect to block a drake's fire with in other video games (except you can't even use your shield for an active block in many other games)

I can block with a sword that's no wider than my forearm! I'm clearly thinking with Portals. I mean Mesmers.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    I can block with a sword that's no wider than my forearm! I'm clearly thinking with Portals. I mean Mesmers.
    You don't need an explanation for anything with mesmers. Why? Because mesmers.

'Physics? Perception of reality? We don't need that! Let's just throw clones at them, teleport all over the place and stab their mind with a greatsword.'

The music, the atmosphere is top notch, I love that npcs have conversations with each other, the world feels alive.