Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    So this means Ill be awake already around 05:00... not bad, lol.

Deleted
    Going to put up my alarm clock and 2 extra alarms, just in case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    Going to put up my alarm clock and 2 extra alarms, just in case.
    There is another option....

ok so 5:00 pm to 11:45pm sleep on the 24th. Then back to sleep at 8 or 9pm on the 25th. Then the next 2 days are from 6am to 11pm

I think this can work!

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Haha Mif I think I'd sleepily mash the snooze button anyway and there would be blood everywhere

Deleted
    Looks like I'm waking up at 4 am. Ah well, it's only 2 hours earlier than I usually have to wake up for college *shakes fist at awkward public transport*

Think I may have to tranquilise myself the night before.

Deleted
    It can never be too early!

Smart move. Sudden influx of masses amount of players at a particular hour almost always results in failure. Far better to bring the servers up slowly and as unannounced as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Smart move. Sudden influx of masses amount of players at a particular hour almost always results in failure. Far better to bring the servers up slowly and as unannounced as possible.
    That's the problem, now everyone will hammer the servers 3 hours from before. I wonder if Anet would be so evil as to put them up 4 hours in advance?

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 03:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Hmmmmm, that could work. But I think the extra alarms are safer. Blood's not that easy to clean.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    That's the problem, now everyone will hammer the servers 3 hours from before. I wonder if Anet would be so evil as to put them up 4 hours in advance?
    Not everyone, only those paying close attention, i.e. anyone on the MMO champion forums.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Not everyone, only those paying close attention, i.e. anyone on the MMO champion forums.
    It's on the official site, I think more people that this subsection will see it.

I'll just go to bed early the day before and set my alarm 3h early. I am afraid this might be that servers dont actually get up early at all (note the word "may") and im sitting for 3h behind my computer waiting for it to go online.

Launch here is 4 am Saturday
    My plan was: "Go to class on Friday night, then home, sleep for 4 hours, wake up and play till i fall of the chair." same as diablo 3.
    But no, Arena Net don't want me to sleep :[

This will be 11:00 PM my time so this is perfect news..I was debating staying up until 1:00AM just to grab my character name so I didn't have to wait til after work the next day. I sure hope the "we MAY bring up the servers early" is not just a MAY lol

Deleted
    I have to wake up at 5am then? Ugh...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    I have to wake up at 5am then? Ugh...
    You really don't HAVE to :P

Deleted
    Omg at 6 in the morning. Well, thats usually around that time I get up for work and I think I will be working a couple of days before that. Just no powernap on friday and I might be able to get up at.. well around 7ish but that's good enough =)

Im very happy with the 3 hours possible advance, altho not entirely sure how it helps them. 4am was okay but 1am is waaaay better.

god damn, i was already going to by an hour and a half late and now it will be 4 hrs and a half 0.0

Damn you future career options!!!